• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
This thing is so soft. Not silky soft though. I'm assuming it's older. I've only found one Brioni tie ever. Could it be a silk blend?

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can understand that, I tend to be the same.

Anyone know whether this is the type of thing people love or is it nothing? I've had a lot of interest in vintage Missoni Sport pieces, but no idea on this sweatshirt. Some fraying at the collar.

Man that is really dope. Id wear that lol.

Wolverine snapback, Gucci Tote, Old Clothes, Mexican vest, John Denver tour hat, Military canvas for my Artisan homie to recreate bags out of. Old OG hippie posters.
Real 1975 pan american games Team USA soccer jersey.

moltoelegante

Reaction score
My first second-hand clothing purchase ever. This waist coat set me back a whole 80 cents, and is in EC. Bought it for a local retro clothing festival which was on today. Will get it taken in a little around the waist tomorrow (which will probably cost me more than the coat - perhaps as much as $4 here :) )

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good call! yeah it's that good color!

btw, i know this just came up, but i don't think that's a traditional herringbone... is that what is considered a chevron weave?

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's the same weave as their vicuna tie... it's the right color too... 

good call! yeah it's that good color! 

btw, i know this just came up, but i don't think that's a traditional herringbone... is that what is considered a chevron weave? 

That tie has a different label though.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have taught myself to re-knit woolen items such as Aran sweaters and other for which a reasonable color match may be made (I use crewel embroidery yarn), provided the broken stitches are not many and can be hidden in the stitch texture. A run can be fixed with a crochet hook (if the gauge of the yarn is large enough). Patterned items, however, are pretty much a loss. I have sold a number of such repaired items (with repairs noted). I have even done minor reweaving repairs with desirable vintage handwoven garments like capes. Some people love the old stuff so much that they'd rather have a repaired item than no item at all. But, Fair Isles knits are a no-go.

yep. i use a latch needle which is prob easier for fine gauges, but a crochet hook will work just fine a lot of the time. some folks will steal yarn from the garment which makes color matching straightforward.

fair isle is the same as anything else, just tie the ends to adjacent floats. i would def try to save a good fair isle in any case.

the other way of thinking about this is to make an obvious repair and sell it as "mojo". i've got a sick PRL navajo hand knit that needs this treatment. i ain't gonna pass on that cause of a few holes. maybe i'll post the repair.

felting/shrinkage, on the other hand, is irreversible. i think it all depends on what you've got, whether it's worth the effort.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That tie has a different label though.

Please don't tell me that the only time they use that label, is when it's Vicuna... Please tell me they use it on their cashmere ties as well... Otherwise, I may have screwed up, big time...

Last edited:

varietygoods

Reaction score

Interesting find in that this concert never happened. A couple of hours before the show the stage collapsed, killing a worker. I'm gonna vacuum seal this bad boy and break it out in forty years.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well today is a great day. "Why" you ask? Because I was able to use two dumb and dumber memes on the same motherfuckin day

diamonds

Reaction score
Desperate to return the alligator bag I searched the store for TOO LONG... Squeezing past groups of kids talking about what they want to be for Hallowe'en. I nearly walked out with nothing but thought I'd do a quick check of sportcoats and I found this wretched thing:

It even has an extra button in the original etro paper pouch...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads