• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Dalton! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you guys when you were in town. I ran into turkey sandwich today, he's a really nice guy... With common projects in his basket :violin:

I had a solid weekend, mix of fodder and nice stuff

Barbour/ T&A

Older label but right construction details IT46

Pop!

IT55

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. Know what to pass on. If you plan to shop to keep most of the items then that's up to what you are looking for. If you plan to sell, do a lot of research (number 3) and look into what moves and what doesn't. It's very tempting when you come across something really awesome and cheap but you have to see if from a buyers perspective.

Huzzah! +1.

It's extremely tempting to buy something for the label and post the brag here...but if you're not gonna use it and it's not gonna sell, or not worth the time & effort to sell, then leave it.
I had an awesome Willis & Geiger cotton duster coat in my cart at GW yesterday; upon inspection it had some spots that I wasn't sure would come out. Was not machine washable or dry cleanable, so I mustered every ounce of strength I had and put it back.

rhyme

Reaction score
@Ds13 : Congrats!

@SpooPoker You are a machine. So much win.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found a special edition Louis Vuitton bag a while back, looked perfect, even used vechetta leather. Beautiful bag. Only thing is there was a string hanging out of the bottom where it was mis stitched and it said made in Italy in the interior tag which is fine for a lot of their purses but that particular special edition model was only made in 2002 and they were all made in France

was it the sharon stone bag?
And Spoo wants a VW bus.... Man, im after one too. I lived in one before lol

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dude. Lets split it. whoever finds it cheaper drives from SD-NY or NY-SD and we go on a thrift and bishes parade.

diamonds

Reaction score
Speaking of purses...
Is this this bag repairable? the leather has cracked in high stress areas like the strap. the inside is in pretty decent condition and the majority of the body is OK too.

Last edited:

FENWAY

Reaction score
Thought I hit the RRL jackpot with a leather trucker on the rack following some impressive trou and selvedge...

...but

...beautiful color/patina though

chasd2

Reaction score
There's a difference between buying stuff to sell and buying stuff that you like. Sometimes the two mesh, but a lot of the time they don't. Some of the stuff you listed is junk (i.e. dior ties).

If you can't help yourself when it comes to buying crap, you're just going to end up with lots of stuff that you don't wear and no one else wants.

Hint: You can stop buying stuff that you won't wear and that others won't buy. That's a decent start.

Apparently there are tons of things that I either don't know about or overlook. I have been reading and reading this thread and part 1 too. There are soooooo many brands and designers it's hard to know what too look for short of having a list or a cheat sheet of items to look for.

Now, at least I know not to pick up some crap (dior ties)!!! Lol

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was a Louis Vuitton Kalahari GM

Edit: PM not GM

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a few things from the TS the last few days. My biggest question is what sells well and what doesn't?

I found some nice ties (BB, Christian Dior, XMI, HF, etc.) none of which seem to be selling on ebay despite low prices. Shitrts (Zegna, Canali, Ike Behar, Isaia) Some suits (Samuelsohn, Armani, HF, BB, etc.) and then Sport Coats of the same ilk don't sell well either. Is nobody buying clothes on ebay anymore?

When I see nice stuff I can't help myself when the price is so good. Whether it fits me or not. I have a whole closet full of Sports Coats (15) and suits Suits (18). I have at least 60 dress shirts. 20+ slacks. Trying to thin the heard and sell some stuff I pick up thrifting. But all I seem to do is accumulate more stuff.
Well it's fairly simple. I mean obviously people are still buying, that aint ever going to stop, but if people are buying, but there not buying from you, then in this crazy world where demand is something that necessitates a supply, and this supply then in return fuels the demand, causing the market to work in the manner everyone knows it does, you're not living up to your end of the bargain.

Buying and reselling any commodity is a simple process based on a fairly simple ideas, information and subsequent value.

You attain the information, like Christian Dior, a dated, licensed line, that has no demand thus no on will want to purchase it, XMI which is something I don't think anybody truly wants, BB and there oversaturation at market, HF and it's extremely small group of loyal followers. You need current logos for Samelsohns or they aint ****, your Armani aint **** unless it is very specific line and must be Italian, reread HF sentence, and there's always a market for good Brooks suits, your obvisouly not buying the right ones.

You need to do homework before you go on wasting money. Don't invest blindly, it's literally one of the worst money decisions possibly made. You really REALLY need to put in work. Lots of work and find out what your selling, then either realize this aint for you, or hit reset and try again.

I'd be extremely curious to read the inventory of said closet. I think the source of the issue may stem from there and the delusions of grandeur it may have formulated for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads