1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. impuntura

impuntura Distinguished Member

Omg yes I was thinking the same thing but didn't wanna piss him off more since in already on his radar for the day.
    Spot on well done

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

2. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

Only the vainest of pretty boys will do for certain people here...

[​IMG]

3. impuntura

That's the Barber right,I think rick rude was more vain.Google him on the old Arsenio Hall show if you have time fucking love that guy.fave heel of all time.

4. Fueco

Yeah... I had to dig pretty deep to remember the name. I wasn't as into wrestling sang brother was, but I enjoyed the show. My favorites were Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You are butter bean.

7. SpooPoker

barrelntrigger is Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

8. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

come on..... i'm working on it. the comparison is coming.

9. SpooPoker

10. SpooPoker

dudeiskin is honky tonk man

OMG I'm on some 80s shit now!

wes is ultimate warrior

nataku is hacksaw jim duggan

11. Fueco

Miss Elizabeth

12. impuntura

Haha but wait he wasn't a wrestler he was a boxer .

13. impuntura

FLORIANQC is the undertaker,mofo is like 7 feet tall

14. impuntura

15. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Level headed and calm I will address what you have said here. I would never lose my shit over your assessment of a post I made. That is how I feel. I thrift for a niche market, you thrift for anything that will make you a dollar. I thrift for things I am extremely passionate about, you have no emotional attachment. Our approaches are different, our thrifts therefore will be different. The first part wasn't a claim that I made in which I possessed these things, it was me formulating the foundation of a story, a chain of events, how the very small action of some consignment items trading hands started a ball in motion that led to something quite unbelievable, but I guess you missed that.

I explain what I thrift to explain why, what it is, quality, and details, because as surprising to you as it may be, this thread also possesses a great deal of people, who like me, are truly passionate about fashion as well, and they enjoy knowing the small yet important details in our eyes. You obviously lack this passion or interest, this is where we differ. And let me clarify something for you. I am not writing to appease you, so writing something and making sure its epic for you, is not something that will ever occur. I write from deep seeded passion and emotion, I write from love of the art and the joy of finding high quality garments that although some may not truly be able to appreciate as much as I, I know I do and I know I can find a buyer that will as well, because that is what I do. You behave like you know all about thrift. I'm 1 year in and I would go toe to toe with you any day because I have dedicated years learning about all things fashion. Your finds don't impress me and your behavior and treatment of your peers depresses me. Please just ignore my posts, they clearly don't cater to a mind such as yours. I'll continue to wonder why you feel the need to one up every person you can and that'll be that. And those items you pass on have filled an extremely respectable inventory for me and has allowed me the extremely great fortunate to not only live in a very nice apartment on the Westside of Los Angeles, the second most expensive place to live in the country mind you, but also the means to get an office on the west side as well...all in one year, so my way>your feedback. If I'm 40 years old, trhrifting, and making sure that kids in their early 20s feel crappy about finds they may have previously been really proud of, I would feel extremely sad. I thrift what I love, thrift whatever you want, I can guarantee you one thing, you will never see me comment on it because I don't care and you'd never see me one up a fellow thread member cuz I don't have the urge to put people down on here. And your supreme hoody and hat would go right back on the rack if they wound up in my hands, this shit goes both ways. I know you think your the man, and you rule this thrift game, but I see a far far different individual than that. So there's you're level headed, calm, collected and thought out response. You can say whatever you please, but this is where my communication with you ends. Good luck with your thrifts and life, goodbye.