The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Letric

Letric Senior member

If that BB Fur coat had been Mens, and Fit perfectly... I would have also brought it home. Not sure what the market is on those, but that's a rare chance to own a Baller "FU" fur coat.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Are you sure you're not dm7?

Whatever happened to dm7?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Ick.

No-tell motel, for me. Unless already in Vegas, then back to the room we go (got 2 beds - one for sleeping, the other not for sleeping).

That's how I remember when Lennon was killed. We all have our JFK moments I guess.

Yes (would sell, not an insane idea). I have too much house as it is for just me...wish I'd bought something different. Not a huge profit, but comps in the neighborhood are selling for around $45k more than I paid for mine a few years ago. I'm contemplating the same as you....except the capital gains tax would suck, so I'd buy something more suitable and my style.
    If you're really looking at a huge profit, sounds like someone wants your lot, not your house.
    Didn't you just buy it a coupe years ago?
    Invest in what? Interest rates are in the terlet. Would have to be the market or a start-up or something with big risk / big reward potential. Otherwise, making .3%, nope. I'd rather put it into a Roth / 401k / invest for my own future.
    Rents are up, housing prices are up, so there's that as well.

4. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

#inbeforespoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

@AlexJ1100 its a receipt for about 3 marks.

Those stickers available? ;)

6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

K.

7. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

It was mens. Didn't try it on but I know myself enough to know I'd never wear it hah.

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I am not this man referred to as DM7. Spoo thought I was for a while and i think others on the thread has suspected this as well. My names Alex, my user name is Jompso. I started doing this about a year ago, I believe well after he hung his hat, and I love what I do. I guess many parallels are drawn and the fact we both reside in the same city doesn't help, but I can assure you, I am not this man....I've had to of separated myself in someway from him, we can't be that similar to one another.

9. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Bought two years ago, we could sell right now for a $60k gain, no questions or anything (yes, we're basically selling the lot). Doesn't this mean no taxes: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc701.html

I don't think we'd actually do it; I like owning a house, it's just that buying something in a good school district is, um, $450k or so. Thoughts turn to private school (high school at least), and that gives the investment plenty of time to do its thing. But as I said, we're likely not doing it.

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I was also wondering if mainy changed his user name.

(Srry, as long as I'm over-posting here, let it be known that while on a first date the other night, the conversation -- UNPROMPTED BY ME -- came around to those old Coca Cola shirts, and my date -- AGAIN UNPROMPTED -- leaned forward and said, Ooh, did you know those were actually designed by Tommy Hilfiger? :inlove: )

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

The market on fur is absolutely horrible, truly rock bottom. The fact that it's Brooks is cool, but I bet you could only get 2 bills for that thing. Minks never worn and just put in storage for 50 years from some of the most famous BH furriers go for like 500 bucks, and they are absolutely flawless and full length. People don't want fur...lemme rephrase...people want fur, they just either don't want to admit it or don't want others knowing they want it, either way, it results in no one buying it.

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I could be totally wrong, but 60k doesn't sound like much unless you have a substantially cheaper property lined up to buy or know of a situation where your rent wouldn't explode in a few years given your property taxes are going up as substantially as they are. Though, if you invest all the money well, you could be essentially living rent free off investments for a while so...

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Damn...

In the Bay Area that gets you the ghetto-est part of town. Here, it gets you a reasonable house in a mid-range suburb.

14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Heh - don't ask me (or anyone other than an accountant or tax attorney) about taxes.
    If you do (or don't) sell, and kid's education is paramount, shove money into a 529 plan. Kid has to go to real school and be with real people; after that if you've got a fully-stocked 529 you can send him to Harvard if you want. And if the kid makes dean's list and gets a free ride, the $ is still yours.

15. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

That tag really looks like it's been through the wash..

Preach!
    I'd have to see what the whole thing was. Men's, and fit, for sure. Otherwise, not sure.

Going through my finds today for some brag-worthyness. Realized it was just another fodderday. Few highlights though.
    LuLu
    [​IMG]
    Brooklyn Zoo Varsity vest

[​IMG]
    Lucchese leather coat

[​IMG]
    One more checked off the list, thanks thread for the heads up. Post O'alls
    [​IMG]
    Lucchese Ostrich. In texas for 16 years, first time wearing cowboy boots. about a full size too big.
    [​IMG]
    Did not kop, but - that's blanket lined FO-REAL
    [​IMG]