The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. DapperE

DapperE Senior member

These BB shoes need some cleaning but I think these just may be my first pair of shell.... ??? 9.5B if anyone is interested.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

comforters are great
    chairs are great

3. Principle

Principle Senior member

[​IMG] Thrift fit, live from baby gherkins. I've come to appreciate these no name jackets, the fit and fabric is interesting but I'm always hesitant to pull the trigger for fear of accumulating any more team B wardrobe. The strange thing that this thread has done for me, is to encourage me to be more deliberate in my purchases. Perhaps a little counterintuitive to the bystander--thrifting with knowledge is such a beautiful thing.

4. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Although I know you don't agree with my actions, I appreciate you making an effort to understand where I was coming from. I am passionate, extremely, sometimes to a fault, but this is also a character trait that has benefitted me greatly as well and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Some may get caught in the wake and it rubs others the wrong way and for that I can only say I don't mean to offend, it's just the type of person I am. And I am here for two reasons. I love the relationships I've made and love to help these people and I love to see thrifts/drop mine. But someone outta pocket can get checked, I don't regret standing up for myslf or letting him know my shit, or even broadcasting it to the thread. Your all judging me because I named a bunch of shit I've bought retail while defending myself. Sorry I didn't thrift it but Boglioli is a hard find, so are the denim I like to wear, if you find some though, I'm up for a trade.

5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yes, go on amazon and get specialized ink remover. Its striclty made to solely remove black ink and dye from cltohes. Just soak that bitch.

6. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

That scarf isn't a authentic Gianni Versace creation, but its neat.
    Obviously you can be as hedonistic as you want in your Versace palace.

7. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Too lazy to take all the photos, I bought this one for my girl.. (OR DID I)

[​IMG]
    Haha for the canadians youll know this brand, but to the americans out there... yes this brand is called moose knuckle

8. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

Wasn't it you about six months ago that posted yourself standing in the store looking at the kiton shirts and the louboutin shoes and said "look out I'm about to go retail". So when you say your humble I beg to differ. Or when you put me on blast just for mentioning LA.while others are ok. Then went on to post a thrift challenge against me. Is that more of your humbleness. Then when on about how you blew the doors off all the stores there with all the kiton jackets and brioni haul you had while laughing in all of are faces like it would never be topped for all of eternity. Must be that down to earth person in you. I really think I need to step away from this thread as it seems I'm not as much of a contribution as you. You win I'm done. It has become poison to me.

9. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

Yesssss, My dude SPOO you are living the life.
    I got a ENTIRE VERSACE BEDROOM SET off Craigslist 11 years ago.......
    I paid 700$ and drove it to a consignment store in LA, where I was Indeed paid in Full.
    I thought about keeping it because I admire Versace so much, But just The FUCKING BED was like TWO king size beds! The head board on the thing was a huge freaking Versace Sun head with metal Greek shit everywhere and I had the stand Up Mirror, bookshelf, Armoire, nightstands. Pillow's, And even The furniture Catalog too. I wasn't equipped to handle the Most ballerific furniture, But the huge stacks I received eased the pain a little. Its still stings when I think about it lol. Ill have palace living later though. :nodding:

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

DUde, there's an easier solution. See the bottom menu item when you hover over someone's username. There are very few people still active on SF who I block, but the tool is there if you need it for your sanity. The rest of us surely appreciate your contributions.

[​IMG]

11. DanM

DanM Senior member

That moment when I'd already filled my cart with Brooks Brothers, unlabeled shell, Scottish woolen fair isle sweaters, vintage LL Bean sweaters made in Norway and I see a beautiful Hermes tie across the store. $ 0.29, perfect condition, turtles and clouds pattern... and my wife calls to say she thinks she is going into labor.

Yes, I still checked out with everything, but thats my kind of thriftening!

12. white collar

white collar Senior member

Sorry, do mean the scarf I posted ?

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

14. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Your post didn't register at first cuz i mistook you for someone I give ashit about. Expect a fucking PM right now, this shit ain't for the public, someone needs to learn where the fall in the food chain, and when to open their mouth.

15. double00

double00 Senior member

ugh. thread not en fueco.

peace!