1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior Member

Some finds from this week

Suitsupply
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RLPL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought these might be W&G after seeing Nataku's pants haul and was suprised by this. My first time finding anything from this label anyone know the name of the model?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John Elliott & Co
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ben Silver,Ricci, Duchamp, Drakes, VV, Bigi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. noob15

noob15 Senior Member

Perhaps. Granted I'm quite new here, and maybe I'm not seeing the entire picture. It's just been such a long time since I've seen anyone engaged in a DBC, that I guess I've forgotten the symptoms.

3. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Distinguished Member

^looks like desert pants, it should be easy to figure out which season and the pockets seem to change every time.

4. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior Member

Tom Ford this and Tom Ford that, All I got to say is GIANNI bruh.
    Tom Ford aight but come on, nobody is a genius like Gianni. Everyone know's I love Ralph, and He's the man. But nobody holds a candle to Gianni Versace.
    If i had the money to live in a palace with statues and and artifacts and shit every where, Id only wear Baroque Versace's shirts and shit like that not Tom Ford.
    I been in Tom Ford's store, and it was cool. But Versace is fucking awesome. Just his chairs shit on Tom Ford. You gonna brag about fucking a bitch on Tom Ford sheets?
    Even if you do, If I bring up Versace it's over playa. :spew:

5. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior Member

Thank you! I couldn't find these on any webshops at the moment

6. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Distinguished Member

I don't see how people can "hate" retail on here. Without retail nobody would ever find anything. Its a cycle when im done with them I will donate them. At some moment when i think im done with them that's where they go to someone that is less fortunate than I. Or if my wife goes into my closet and takes items without me knowing to donate them. One day things will just be gone. I wasn't talking down to you those are your words not mine. I was simply responding as to why I spent what I did on them because you asked and that's my response. The point was when you see that item there it is and take it.You took it upon yourself to list everything in your closet. I was reffering to one pair of jeans. I did not "drop a price" I simply said they were more. I was correcting you on the price of the ford's is all. Funny how this forum actually works though. It seems as though it's ok for some people to do so but not others. Just like all the allen edmonds that flowed like rain were they all from a "thriftstore" highly doubtfully.

7. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

You haven't been around as long as I have but if there's one thing about me that is true and I need to make clear, is I have no need to brag, feel no need to brag, and have never once bragged about expensive things I've purchased or how my thrift was better then yours wait for my rebuttal.

I'm knowledgable and I know that, but I'm also down to earth and humble. I know I do well and this being the thrift bragging thread, I post my thrift finds, not to one up but purely to share. Over this past year I have contributed a lot. With that said, I have earned my right to defend myself when someone speaks down to me like I've never purchased an item at retail, this same person who drops prices on designer Jean purchases or when a thread member needs help and needs people to purchase their stuff cuz he needs money, this person doesn't just subtly do so to help, but makes sure to post it on the thread for all to see that he's not only gonna do it now but he's done it in the past too, like donating to charity just to make sure that everyone knows your doing it and not for the actual cause. When spoken to like that I respond in a manner that puts this man in his place. Yes, more appropriate for a PM I will say that, but I don't appreciate being spoken to like that so I did and had every right to come back with a rebuttal. I never said how much I paid for anything, the time frame in which it was purchased or any other details that would insinuate me using this opportunity to purely brag about what I can buy. I dropped all that stuff so he would know he's got the wrong fucking guy, I don't like how he speaks to people, and I don't appreciate being spoken to like I'm some peasant whose never tasted the good life. I've never done it before and you'll never see me do it again, but I had my reason, a right to do so, and a recipient who needed to know who he's talking to and to change his fucking tone. I've come to learn to tolerate a lot here because let's face it, I do get jabbed at and a few just don't like me but I've learned to let it slide. But I draw the line when one assumes they know me and advise I go down to sm place and buy something retail to see how it feels. You don't know me and that was some condesending, pretentious shit, so he needed to learn something. Take it how you will. I know my reason and motivation for it, and know my history has given me the right to one "brag" a year, well I made mine and I don't give a fuck.

8. vexco

vexco Distinguished Member

If you're talking about @drlivingston , he said in the post they weren't thrifted.

9. white collar

white collar Senior Member

Can I get an authenticity check please ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

^^^ fucking a bitch on versace sheets? just the one?!! probably not how they do it in Miami...

Numbers aside, yeah i think i gotta agree. I'd rather cop good Versace anytime. seems easier to get too.

11. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior Member

Went to the auction for one elephant bag and there ended up being two. The second one, that they didn't feature online, was in much better condition. [​IMG]

12. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

Just found one Alden shoe tree... Damn I'd love to find the shoes, or even the other tree!

13. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Distinguished Member

Fair enough. Maybe just assume that people have opinions and ideas and they aren't necessarily attacking you. I love your passion. That is clear. But, it's okay to accept that some people don't think the same way you do and if someone expresses a contrary thought it is merely their opinion and it doesn't make your perspective wrong.

We all do this for fun or for a hobby or as a job, or to help get by or some just because they like to buy cool stuff at reasonable prices. So, in those ways, we all have reasons to be here.

14. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Yes. I've never even come remotely close to ever saying something like that in the entire time I've been on this thread...actually absolutely nothing even close to a brag. I have every right to defend myself and I have no apologies for doing so. Hate if you want, I said what I said, forget everything I've posted and focus on that or don't, your choice.

Poor taste is telling people how much you spent on designer clothes. Poor taste is talking down to someone like they have never tasted retail before like they know them. Poor taste and broadcasting your ability to afford things on this thread. My rebuttal was to show he's got the wrong one. To not speak to me like that, and that I know shit far beyond my years. Defending myself is something I have a right to do and as someone who hasn't bragged about a single thing or made a single mention of anything remotely similar to what I said the entire time I've contributed here, I earned my right to let someone know to not talk to me like a fucking peasent. I deal with a lot here and let a lot slide. I also contribute a lot as well. I've earned the right to defend myself and if I choose to do so in detail to back up my arguement like my conterpart, then I will. I know I'm a good person, I don't need to prove that and someone like that doesn't display poor taste they react in a manner they deam necessary to prove their point and stand up for themselves. If you were offended then I'm sorry, but I had a point to make and I made it. Get over it or don't your choice.

I'd love to co-sign this joke but no, that was me flexing nuts because they needed to be flexed. If it helps you out in any way then that's great and your welcome.

This man may be on to something, but no one really gives a shit so unfortunately it will just be ignored.

15. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior Member

NWOT Corneliani for Saks 100% Alpaca sport coat... I believe this is a thing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any way to remove the obvious X out on the tag?