The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

At the end of the day, that's what they're gonna be good for. And in the large scheme, there is far better overall quality out there. I was only coming from a place that I thrifted a pair of designer denim that in no way resembled standard designer denim. I was impressed, I shared this with the thread. Debate ensued I think mainly over mix messages/misunderstanding of where I was coming from. But all is well, I have a great deal of respect for @barrelntrigger and I think he knows that. But that's just where it stemmed from, didn't mean to highjack, so my apologies everyone.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. Letric

Letric Senior member

We should post up some Thrifted / Discounted tie collections up in here. I have some pretty cool ones that I'd like to share, and am interested to see what other dudes have in their collections.

The only downside to my collection is that it's stored in cardboard Banker's Box lids. They work well, but they look kinda janky and it's difficult to really see everything without pulling them all out. I have plans to build a master dresser, with plenty of tie drawers for them in the future.

3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

My storage is borderline hoarders material.....The move totally fucked up my organization process. I got my numbered boxes (still being filled with the move) but the two big ones have about that are all documented individually on Excel, about 250-300 documented, the two big ones aren't though, and those are holding about 150 each, but then I have the 64 gallon bin fuckin full of primo silk, probably 150-200 more (yes that's a 7 fold Kiton, brand new Ricci Luxury and an Arnys tie on top, also a NWT's Holliday and Brown made in England in Red, the paisley 7 fold Isaia, in the back a NWOT's (came in sleeve and tag Cappelli etc..)...shit needs to get documented and stored so I can keep that shit crispy, just had to move all of it. I also have 7 bags with 15 ties a piece set aside to do lots just to unload bulk cuz I have so much silk (not pictured)...and all of this doesn't include my personal stash..... I need TA meetings/support groups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Sorry Bros, i got distracted playing arkham knight and spending the last two hours yelling at the damn tv because i hate driving levels! but the mega pics dump is coming, i promise! Oh, I'm so jelly of you LA guys and your access to grails!!!

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

This is in the washing machine at the moment. Hopefully everything turns out okay. I'm seriously considering rocking this as my cold weather jacket this winter. I only wish the hood hadn't gone AWOL.

I feel the world has turned upside down... Tori Richard with Target logos?? One hopes that was made for store employees in Honolulu...

Hilfiger bike jersey?? I wouldn't wear that unless I was paid to do so. Perhaps someone will want it. ;)

And heilige shei├če! Filson FTW! :slayer:

6. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

Ironically just watched this yesterday evening. It's mini documentary with Mr. Ford. It goes into his relationships with YSL and Gucci, and the revival of said brands along with his drive to do what he does. Check it out (not you Jompso as I know you know all of what's in there) but others, if you haven't seen it, check it.

If you poke around, you'll see some more interviews where he states why he doesn't dress people like President Obama and the like. Interesting man.

7. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

I wear ties, IF you have any you don't want, I'd be interested to work something out!

8. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

Can we start or revive said thread? I am obsessed with ties as well. I'd love to see collections of everyone; how they organize and store. Anyone wanna start a new thread?

9. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

Why are you morally opposed to the knowledge box? One of my favorite things about this forum and this thread in particular is the willingness of everyone to share their expertise and help each other.

I have been selling now on ebay for 2.5 years. During that time, I went from selling only Men's Shoes, to clothing/suits/ties. Because of this forum, I have learned a tremendous amount about all these things. I have learned about stuff I will probably never sell. But, I might. And now I have some information to assist me. In fact, I have learned a lot about denim from your posts! So many folks on here answer questions and help each other and point to resources. That's actually, in my opinion, the best thing about this forum. If there is a question about something that I have knowledge about, I am always willing to provide it. Thrift Vader even talked to me about a thread about cars and DIY of them and set it up because it fits in with the whole Thrifting philosophy. And, while no one has asked me anything about the law, I am a lawyer and if someone had a legal question I would be glad to discuss it in a PM. I'm just paying it forward because of the help I have received. I understand that most people who have been doing this for a long time won't need what's in the knowledge box. But, that's the whole point, some people getting into this hobby/business/occupation can benefit from the knowledge box.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

11. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

[​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

13. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

Maybe I should have left earlier :/

14. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

A. I thought you had a day job?
    2. Didn't you already find 57 EZ sport coats in one go?

15. vexco

vexco Senior member

Today, it's 57 Kiton cashmere's.

I like how your list brings both numbers and letters to the game.