• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrifted reyn spooner with shouts to @Fueco

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Rhz nice stuff man!!! Was that a collection of thrifting or a day type haul?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A thief is wiping out one of my stores, probably more...
i saw him yesterday, he took half the rail and stuffed it all into two big sports bags taken from the shelves, i told the dude working there what was happening and as we went over there to see, the thiefy dude realised he'd been sussed and said 'i work for an orphanage and if you open your flappy mouth again i'll knock you out'
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
and left.
Went back today and store guy said thiefy had been back and got away with it.
The staff are all volunteers and super nice but this guy is gonna clear them out, well,..ruin one of my best shops.
I only have a few(12) shops i frequent and they're all very local so i feel like i need to do something, so what can i do?

What does him working at an orphanage has to do with anything? What a fucktard.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
A thief is wiping out one of my stores, probably more...
i saw him yesterday, he took half the rail and stuffed it all into two big sports bags taken from the shelves, i told the dude working there what was happening and as we went over there to see, the thiefy dude realised he'd been sussed and said 'i work for an orphanage and if you open your flappy mouth again i'll knock you out'
and left.
Went back today and store guy said thiefy had been back and got away with it.
The staff are all volunteers and super nice but this guy is gonna clear them out, well,..ruin one of my best shops.
I only have a few(12) shops i frequent and they're all very local so i feel like i need to do something, so what can i do?
you know what to do. . .

into the suit rack.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

He's stealing not only from the store, but from YOU. put your big boy pants on, and let him know he's on your turf. you do this to make money, and if he's broke? he can learn to make money. legit money. either way, he can take it or leave it. it's your turf. so tell him what's up. giving him a leg up might fix the problems you both have. - you get your space back, albeit with a legit competitor.so man up. do it right.

or. you need to get Vinnie Jones on that douche.

edit: Before the wrath of Spoo falls on me. what i mean to say is. "The stronger you are, the easier it can be rectified peacefully"

What does him working at an orphanage has to do with anything? What a fucktard.
right? if the dude really worked at an orphanage, are the G-star jeans, and Superdry T-shirts for them? or him?

Last edited:

Agatha Crusty

Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order from @thebuddahman came in this morning. I bought the Chanel tie, The Lightweight Harris Tweed patch pocket blazer and Italian made Hackett orphan, he then throws in some Hackett chinos, a Samuel Windsor 7 fold tie and a copy of 'The Chap' magazine.

**** yes.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does a thief get away with a duffle bag of stuff in a thrift store? Seems noticeable.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't ring any bells. More pics will help determine if it's worth research--welds, tags of any kind, detail shots of stitching/material.

No identifying marks of any kind. Seems like there are a lot of knockoffs out there, but these are relatively heavy and seem nicely made. Comfortable as hell, too. And my wife doesn't hate them -- as long as we cover them in something other than leather.

I had actually been looking at the same chair at a consignment/antique/hipster shop. I think they had it listed at $350 or something.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
you know what to do. . .

into the suit rack.

He's stealing not only from the store, but from YOU. put your big boy pants on, and let him know he's on your turf. you do this to make money, and if he's broke? he can learn to make money. legit money. either way, he can take it or leave it. it's your turf. so tell him what's up. giving him a leg up might fix the problems you both have. - you get your space back, albeit with a legit competitor.so man up. do it right.
damn right. i still have a feeling that he would still nick it all even if he did learn to thrift.

right? if the dude really worked at an orphanage, are the G-star jeans, and Superdry T-shirts for them? or him?
This is the only positive, he takes all that crap but one the other hand he would also take all the polo and tommy.

Easy... The employees intentionally look the other way.
yep, not because they're in on it but because they're just volunteers who don't want any confrontations.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just you keep your flappy mouth shut.

actually in my neck of the woods it's pretty amazing to see what some of these clerks put up with. recently watched a guy working solo in a GW foil 3 theft attempts in about 20 min. i asked him about it and he laughed, apparently it's just a super routine part of the job. the clerk also has face tattoos btw.

the other week (different spot) i watched a lady ask to see something out of the case and then ******* walk out with it. the clerk goes outside and is like "hey that's not yours i just pulled it out of the case so you can look at it" and then there was a whole back and forth and finally the clerk was like "whatever. don't come back".

i once had a homeless guy complain how hard it was to steal from GW. he was asking me what i thought the best approach was to steal these pants. he was going on and on bitching about the prices. of course in reality he was asking me to buy him a pair of pants. i was like "yeah whatever you think is best guy" and walked off and sure enough 5 minutes later some other dude is paying for his pants. lol.

people will say anything and most people will believe anything. the clerks near me are so hardboiled at this point none of this **** phases them. i dunno about the shops run by volunteers tho. they'd probably call the cops lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads