1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8 : Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction of the year is for an Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (May 2015 - Sept. 2018)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. Heider

Heider Well-Known Member

Thanks Spoo! I almost left it, yikes..

3. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Had some free time today.
    Stopped to look at stuff.
    DSC_5333.JPG
    The Goat.
    DSC_5335.JPG
    Kimonos and Yukatas.
    DSC_5337.JPG
    I really liked this one. Looks like fireworks. So I guess it's a Yukata. Super dope.
    DSC_5338.JPG
    Lil'Vader looking at swords.
    DSC_5340.JPG
    Not my size.
    DSC_5341.JPG
    Don't swim.

DSC_5345.JPG
    Yassssssssssss!!

4. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

Barbour Boiz!!

5. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Distinguished Member

6. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Hello friend. DSC_5346.JPG
    This is Ulf. He likes football. And Thrifting.
    So what does Ulf like?
    DSC_5349.JPG
    Jeans.
    DSC_5354.JPG
    This jacket.
    DSC_5352.JPG
    Fire King mugs.
    DSC_5351.JPG
    Chore coats.
    DSC_5356.JPG
    Light jackets.
    DSC_5357.JPG
    J's.
    DSC_5360.JPG
    Mario Chucks.
    DSC_5361.JPG
    These ugly ass boots. Wait Ulf, let me check those..
    DSC_5363.JPG huh. Still ugly tho.
    DSC_5366.JPG
    Ulf likes backpacks.
    DSC_5365.JPG
    And low priced, high quality leather over night bags.
    DSC_5371.JPG
    Ocarina's?!
    DSC_5373.JPG
    This sweet oil filter tool.
    DSC_5375.JPG
    Ulf likes Polo. And Kopped this.
    DSC_5378.JPG
    Ha! He found a Rolex!
    PSX_20180712_224556.jpg
    And this decent price for self day bag. What do you say? There is more?
    *See?
    DSC_5380.JPG
    Nice man!
    Kopped Ulf. He is going to join me sometimes.

7. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Leica M6 and M8, depending on price. The Hassleblads are probably worthy as well, though I can’t tell what models they are. Leica R cameras are great, but don’t have the value as the M series cameras.

8. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Distinguished Member

Jesus. Real Rolex? Lots of LV. Damn.

9. Nobleprofessor

Holy crap. The PIPES! Some of them look brand new. I think I spot some Ole Larsen and Erik Nording. There are a couple that have some beautiful grain. if you know about pipes, flame grain sells! The free hand ones with the rough texture could be Nordings. The holy grail would be unsmoked Dunhills. I think I see a few white dots (Dunhill). I would definitely be a proxy on a few of those. If you want to know more PM me. There are a few of those pipes that could be BIG money. The Meerschaum (the white carved pipe in the black case) could be money if it is signed. If it is signed, then that helps a lot. If it says Bekler, buy it. Meerschaum pipes are all about the intricacy and quality of carving. Other pipe related stuff can be a good too like ashtrays, tobacco tins, tobacco bags, tools, etc. LIGHTERS are VERY good. The gold standard is Dunhill. But, there are some very rare pipes that are worth even more. I could say more, but I might save it for a PM.

10. flipstah

flipstah Distinguished Member

Thats Japan for you. They are everywhere!

11. impuntura

impuntura Distinguished Member

Guys are these anything ,last made in Korea Nike's I found sold for over 500.
    IMG_20180712_112154.jpg IMG_20180712_112150.jpg

IMG_20180712_112146.jpg

IMG_20180712_112128.jpg

IMG_20180712_112040.jpg

12. Nobleprofessor

Some of you may know I have moved to a new town. I am also moving from a 3500 sq ft house to 1800. I used to sell a lot on ebay. But, I don't have the time to do it anymore. I have SO MUCH ebay stuff to get rid of. I know I can just load it up and donate it to Goodwill. Some of it will definitely be donated. But, I have a lot of stuff I know could be good money on ebay, but I don't have the time to do it. I wish I could sell it all in one big group to an ebay flipper. But, I can't imagine anybody who wants to take it all and take the time to sort through the good stuff and deal with the fodder or donation stuff.

So, I am proposing to trade a lot of stuff. Whoever trades with me will get much more in return for what they are trading.

Here is a short and NOT comprehensive list of what I have. I can only remember 20% of it all. But, here is some of it.

BOXES of 90’s T-shirts most just random, some screenstars, some Adidas, Nike, a lot of fun funky 80’s and 90’s stuff.

MANY shoes -- Dozens. Quite a few Allen Edmonds, but they are odd sizes like 11A or 11AA most of them are old although they are all wearable. Some florsheim (but not any of the $ wingtips), other brands like Dr. Marten, Johnston Murphy, Cole Haan, etc. I did buy all of them to resell. But, they are not the high dollar flippers. I sold all those.

A bunch of suits and sport coats, either vintage Southwick, Hardwick, a few burberry (not the high dollar stuff), a few older Zegna, some old TRAD stuff, Tons of ties like we all have. Pendleton stuff (some of it is really good).

A few Oxxford Sport Coats (one AMAZING overcoat in Cashmere but it has a small flaw) I think it says something like Royal Cashmere or Kings cashmere.

A Charles Koch (as in the Koch brothers) Zegna sport coat if you are into stuff like that. Several Harris Tweed sport coats.

I have SEVERAL Large pieces of Haliburton Zero Aluminum luggage. I made some big money selling it. I really want a briefcase rather than the luggage. But, can also use the Halliburton stuff as trade.

Lots of collectible stuff, very old bone or horn knife/letter opener, watches like Timex Indiglo. This is just a small sampling I had basically an entire two car garage worth of stuff plus two rooms in basement. I will try to figure out some more specific stuff.

Schott Leather (one of which I promised to consign with Spoo).

If anyone is into VINTAGE ladies nightgowns, slips, etc. My wife has tons of it. She made some serious money selling some of it, but still has a HUGE closet worth of the stuff.

I also have some really cool comic books that I Know are worth money. A big collection of bowling patches (is anybody into this?)

I’m being pretty critical of some of this stuff and may be underselling it. But, I don’t want expectations to be too high.

I'll try to get more specifics.

just a few pics.
    Bowling.jpg VAN HALEN.jpg Koch Zegna.jpg Comics 1.jpg Comics2.jpg Comics3.jpg Comics4.jpg Comics5.jpg

Interested in trading for Oxxford (50L) or Brooks Brothers 50L or some other equally nice suits. I have some Cremieux suits that are very nice and wouldn't mind more. Dress shirts 17.5-18 - 36 Dress shirts, pants 40-32/33, shoes 11.5C, BB ties, Seven Fold Ties (department store brand is fine), political stuff (historical or GOP), cool car stuff. I really just want to get rid of a lot of this stuff.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

14. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior Member

So, I was on that show a few times, I’ll be in another show on complex too, Slobby Robby’s show.
    You can’t blame the buyers, they know their shit, people in L.A. are cutthroat and fraudulent as fuck. One of those round two guys got robbed for his chain literally across the street on melrose. You ever seen the movie shottas? There’s a scene where they have a explanation comparing men to hungry dogs that go wild if they don’t get fed, it’s that but very large scale. Don’t fuckaround with that fuck around out here.
    6087D82A-05E1-40F1-B811-EED298799DA6.jpeg
    Two Gurkha’s with locks. Man you know they sold fast the first jap who saw bought them.
    BD0B9774-8037-4437-B02D-5CEE7F8B7470.jpeg
    Caught this champion running man vintage varsity, added the patch I had for a while, and bought vinyl cleaner and hit those sleeves up.
    50 year old dirty vinyl looks like shit, after one cleaning it’s much better. Considering chainstitching it, but need to decide inspiration
    9FF6B3F3-C00E-4FFC-83E8-3CABE92CD6DB.jpeg
    I had a pic of al bundy wearing this hat with ray bans but it’s on my old phone. 06 hemp Nike’s my guy, that’s right up my alley yo, 2006, hemp, Nike dunk, earth tones lol it’s “checking” boxes boy. And 1$ for a USA jansport? Come on!
    0846364F-E9A7-4368-8DAD-320B8F72C455.jpeg B1E21903-1BD8-4371-AAC0-63FA096AF408.jpeg 34D99FA4-A53B-49AE-A623-CA9F96D31422.jpeg
    Remember I said I was going to thrift a Rolex? I could have gotten the “oyster quartz” but grabbed this instead. Story time, so, this “bad bitch” was fucking a baller, and got his watch off him somehow and put it on offer up. I came through and worked my magic and abracadabra I finessed it for the low. I remember this watch in the store in a glass box, and at the time I figured I’d never even touch the fucking thing. Shit in the boutique is not a game, it’s not like Gucci and shit Noooooo, base models are like 3800$ or some shit after taxes and those are brown boring watches too. This shits like a piece of fucking equipment, I don’t got the instructions and shit so I can’t work the damn thing yet, I’m reasonably intelligent and could figure it out, but I’m not trying to sit around and dick with the pushers and shit. Apparently it has two fucking movements in the case and a stopwatch timer with a alarm. The curved case feels good when you touch it with the tip of your fingers to hit the pushers. Lume is bright too. I chose the Louis Vuitton because I’m familiar with the brand and have a reputation in dealing with it, and I ended up paying much less, for a watch that’s not too easy to come by. Honestly I like the damn thing and I’ll wear it a bit if I can get a different strap, rubber is too fucking sweaty.

15. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.