• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official thread for short / slim people.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'8'' and around 140. Slim but not sickly skinny like some of you guys
biggrin.gif
The main issue with clothes for me is inseam and sleeve length, here's some stuff that fits me well. Shirts: BoO Medium Margiela 36 Jil Sander 39 Pants: Nothing. Which would explain why I have such few pants =/ I usually have to get my tailor to hem a bunch and then reslim trousers. This is why I do not buy nice pants. Coats: 46-48 depending on the brand.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am short 5'6 but muscluar 39-40in chest.
My main issue is wearing button downs untucked.
So far the only ones that fit me well are:
Rogues Gallery
Burkman Bros
RRL
J. Crew

Any other suggestions for button downs that are cut short?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'9 and 125. I've yet to try Band of Outsiders, but J Crew XS shirts are perfect for me.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
I'm 5'10 145 -150lbs, 34 inch chest, shoulders a hair above 16". Being super lean, I have muscular arms and this usually pose the greatest problem. Labels that fit me well are:
Mr. Olive large
MofM size 2 or 3 depending on fabric type.

I'm a 36 in suits, I also wear a small in the w+h grey coated sim fit hood, having a waist size that ranges from 28-29. Incotex eu44 dress pants fit me perfectly. I've also recently discovered through research that a Boo xsm should fit almost perfectly otr save for the shoulders. So far japanese laels are my best bet for the majority of my clothing, conequently; I am now proxing a few pieces from the far east since Atsui is undergoing restructuring. Btw, can you guys recommend dress shirts that should fit my dimension with minimal tailoring? My neck size is 15 inch and size 15 dress shirts are always too large to fit without looking absurd.

I am build practically the same (5 lbs. lighter) and for dress shirts, I know it isn't SF approved but I find that Hugo Boss makes Extra Slim Fits and their small (not sure if they have an xs) fit rather well otr, they often go on sale at Macys as well.

I also find Ben Shermans Soho Fit very slim, I think they also recently put out some size xs as well. It is similar to BoO's cut for a fraction of the price and also often goes on sale at Macys for $35-$45.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Any idea how long should the over coat be for short guys/short legs? Everything above the knee is fine right?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The knee is great, any lower it can be awkward, any higher it can be awkward.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
I'm 5'9 and 125. I've yet to try Band of Outsiders, but J Crew XS shirts are perfect for me.
How does your neck fit on the J Crew XS shirts? I fear they may be too tight.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
i have no idea how any human could be a perfect fit in J.crew XS. Do you have a pencil neck, tiny chest, but a huge gut and gigantic bodybuilder arms? It's such awkward sizing, unless you can deal with a baggy fit.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I am build practically the same (5 lbs. lighter) and for dress shirts, I know it isn't SF approved but I find that Hugo Boss makes Extra Slim Fits and their small (not sure if they have an xs) fit rather well otr, they often go on sale at Macys as well.

I also find Ben Shermans Soho Fit very slim, I think they also recently put out some size xs as well. It is similar to BoO's cut for a fraction of the price and also often goes on sale at Macys for $35-$45.

Thanks man, I'll look into this, though I don't go to malls I guess I will have to break this tradition now.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
i have no idea how any human could be a perfect fit in J.crew XS. Do you have a pencil neck, tiny chest, but a huge gut and gigantic bodybuilder arms? It's such awkward sizing, unless you can deal with a baggy fit.

That's what I was thinking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the neck on the XS is around 13" and 14.5 is already tight enough on me.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i would just wear it casually without buttoning it

p.s. wow js makes 44 and raf makes xs. how rare are these sizes

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
see if you can find any DKNY slim fit shirts, its a nice cut
These actually fit me quite well. I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately the neck was much too large so I had to pass. My biggest issue is my tiny neck. Many smalls will fit me fairly well, but the necks are always too large. This isn't an issue for casual button-downs, but for dress shirts its an instant deal breaker.

Mossy

Reaction score
just thought I'd let everyone know that w+h chinos from this season are good for us shorter guys. I'm 5'7 and my sz.30 chinos are perfect in length.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do people really have problems with pants? I thought it's pretty easy to find size 28-30 stuff and have it hemmed / tapered from teh knee down. All of my trousers go through this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads