The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

FUUUUUUUCK. Is there still a cardholder available? I def need to step up my game since I have one with a clear plastic ID thing on one side and 3 slots on the other. Still wresting with the cost right now sicne I've spent a lot more than I should've.

2. CRIMINAL MINDED

CRIMINAL MINDED Well-Known Member

hey Drew, what's current turn around time for bombers at the moment?

I know it's kind of crazy right now.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

This thread (abd more so the sufu one) are like pure sport; it's more about watching me win and lose at this clothesmaking game that I entered like 6 months ago; I have a decent winning streak and the losses aren't in the papers so much because I fix them and learn. [​IMG]. I do make waking up and checking the toj threads a habit just like smoking nowadays, since so much happens when I sleep. It is very fun, though, always.
    Dis you are raping the clothes game, humping it and our bank balances into submission Shit you pull is so dope its almost illegal This thread delievers

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

hey Drew, what's current turn around time for bombers at the moment?

I know it's kind of crazy right now.

I have this order of bombers in (thanks to Brad Pitt styling out the fur collared bomber so hard) so that run will take just a little bit more and then new orders will have an early january delivery. Unfortunately these leathers can only be made one or two per day because the cutter sewer teams are just a husband and wife usually and they need more time than a factory since they cut a unique pattern per order and sew it up; a lot of work.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is your wallet guy able to put out a decent amount per day? I have no idea how much time goes into making a wallet come to think of it.

6. impolyt_one

he works completely alone, so he doesnt make tons of wallets really. I think he can turn 2-3 a day.

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[​IMG]

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

What's the chance of getting a suede bomber? What colors of suede are available?

9. impolyt_one

suede is always on the table, for now just black and brown to match our available zips but as with the other leather colors, suede can happen with matching zips in any color once I get all my zippers together (soon, like this upcoming week)

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

So are grey moto's just like Brian's still available or no? and what is the price point if so?

11. impolyt_one

yes, they are. I have a bunch of people who expressed interest in grey jackets and now my zippers are finally coming together, so those can become more regular now. They are the same $550 shipped as the black.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

yes, they are. I have a bunch of people who expressed interest in grey jackets and now my zippers are finally coming together, so those can become more regular now. They are the same $550 shipped as the black.

How long do you think you will keep making these? I've been off the forums for a while and I know you were talking about stopping leather production a while back.

13. ennui

ennui Senior member

Anxious to see the CPO, the MA-1, and the peacoat. I am running out of money buying other stuff while waiting, but understand that everything takes time.

14. impolyt_one

leathers will continue on for awhile, indefinitely perhaps. They're getting easier for us to make as time goes on, they're all consistent, we have a good price for labor that we don't want to stop on and then risk losing that allows for the good final price we can sell at, and the supplies are there for now. Also, it's one our best values/offerings, so it's hard to kill them. I still love every single leather that comes out of the shop, while I cringe when I see more varsity jackets, I am not sure why I am responding to them that way but maybe it has to do with the variety of designs, and the pure wow factor that the leathers have when you see them.

If I can ever scrounge the capital outlay I need, I might even finally start using Riri zippers or some very custom YKK's, possibly tune the designs a little more as time goes on, or maybe change it up even.

I got a bunch of work done today at the last hour, so we'll see that CPO jacket maybe Thursday or so. Peacoat before that hopefully, and the MA-1 and shirts before that, so we have a week of releases ahead of us here. Not great for the holidays since you guys have other expenses, but I know some of you guys are Asian and are gonna get that new year's money! haha. That stuff will exist for awhile as well so it'll be there until it's time to start making other stuff.

We'll probably make 3-4 more winter season type pieces between now and the end of January, then the clock will run out on us here when Chinese New Year's starts, this time around I have very low expectations of their work output during that time and I'm just gonna take it easy and start prepping early Spring stuff and get out of the gate a little faster that way; we've been late this whole time because I started like 3 months late, but next year we'll work early, and maybe even have F/W10 ready and perfectly tuned and dialed in by like August.

Related to that; now, and for a good while longer, we can continue to be slightly experimental, try new colors, take occasional special requests, and not have to hold ourselves to too many rigid boundaries or set color palettes, material stocks, etc. That is the beauty of the project at this level, most people can get what they want, within reason. Once we start wanting to ship to stores and stuff, we will start paring down and putting things into focus aesthetic and palette/textile wise; right now we're on the horizon and you can see us coming but can't quite make us out, but by next year and a good number of pieces down the road, we should be in good focus.

15. Lel

Lel Senior member

Jesus fucking tity christ paypal is a piece of shit. For some reason it made my confirmed home address my dorm room from last year instead of the the current residence I'm in now for NO REASON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.