• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Razele mentionned something about a charcoal moto, and I've read some things but nothing definite, so I was just wondering if that's an option (or any kind of gray really).

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Razele mentionned something about a charcoal moto, and I've read some things but nothing definite, so I was just wondering if that's an option (or any kind of gray really).

vvv
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
By Monday or so, I'll have 10 different colors of lamb for the jackets, all in the same thick hides. I am not sure what those colors are yet, but I imagine they will be nice.

Pretty sure at least one of those is going to be gray.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Beat me to it.

I keep looking at the washed lamb on the moto.

Beautiful.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Sounds good. Thanks!
Hmm. Would you be able to take close--ups of both sides of the fabric?

Very interesting. 2-layer is usually softest and 3-layer is usually toughest/most rigid. But it could be that the fabric the laminate is bonded to is very thin and pliable. The Gore-Tex site says "A 2-layer laminate is made by bonding a shell fabric to the membrane for use on the outside of a garment; a 3-layer laminate is made by bonding a shell fabric to the outside of the membrane and a knit to the inside." Since you said it has a grayish synthetic backing, it sounds like it might be 3-layer. 2.5-layer usually has some kind of rubber dot matrix sprayed on to the inside. That, or the inside layer (bonded in 3-layer) or hung (as in 2-layer) prevents the laminate/membrane from wearing away from the inside.

Excellent. I'll be emailing you. Thanks!

Hmm...I may also have to order a Harrington now....

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
vvv

Pretty sure at least one of those is going to be gray.

Originally Posted by Razele
^ Beat me to it.

I keep looking at the washed lamb on the moto.

Beautiful.

Thanks.

Perhaps a nice deep blue color would be interesting too... or cream/off white...
bounce2.gif

dizzhizz

Reaction score
a blue rider's jacket could be really ill. i don't think i could i pull it off but would love to see the range of colors toj can offer!

someone pull the trigger please...

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark gray, and bright red

A deep dark blue sounds awesome too...

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ten colors omg
Hahahaha What would work for you?

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Or Burgundy...

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Dark gray, and bright red

A deep dark blue sounds awesome too...

definitely some good options here. i was actually at uniqlo yesterday and noted the rider's jacket for women in blue. looked nice and a nice stray from the obvious black.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ok guys, yes, I will be grabbing the swatch book very soon and revealing colors, they're probably all aniline dye apart from a white leather that I think is in there...
I need to make sure that I have perfectly matching zippers to go with each leather color though, so that will take time and I will not be releasing them for consumption until that is done.

Right now, for this week: black and brown are ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads