• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
23" front I assume? TOJ measurements always seem too short to me. I think that is exactly the right length for a bomber. I think it's off your shoulder and could stand to be 1/2" smaller there, and could generally stand to be a touch slimmer in the body in order to be perfect but that's more nitpicking, it fits fine.

Nice member tag, lol... "Sookie!" My girlfriend says that all the time, with the Bill Compton accent and everything.

Yeah 23" in the front. If you like that length, you'll be happy to note that ToJ seems to be moving towards longer jackets in the varsity and bomber, having added 1" to them since the original design, I believe.

I actually think the shoulders are fine - or close enough for hand grenades and horseshoes anyway. My posture and the stiffer, brand-new calf leather push the shoulders out a bit when it isn't zipped to the tippy-top. You can see like a 2" gap there at the collar.

I tried it on with a thin sweater last night, and that sucker gets pretty snug in the upper body. I am not completely sure I would be able to fit into the next size down with more than a t-shirt. I'm very curious to see how the leather breaks in over time. Wait 5 years and look for another post from me.
laugh.gif

motionn

Reaction score
"murdered out" refers to every aspect of the piece being black

Phrost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarium
Yeah 23" in the front. If you like that length, you'll be happy to note that ToJ seems to be moving towards longer jackets in the varsity and bomber, having added 1" to them since the original design, I believe.

I actually think the shoulders are fine - or close enough for hand grenades and horseshoes anyway. My posture and the stiffer, brand-new calf leather push the shoulders out a bit when it isn't zipped to the tippy-top. You can see like a 2" gap there at the collar.

I tried it on with a thin sweater last night, and that sucker gets pretty snug in the upper body. I am not completely sure I would be able to fit into the next size down with more than a t-shirt. I'm very curious to see how the leather breaks in over time. Wait 5 years and look for another post from me.
laugh.gif

the shoulders look good. does your jacket have the new back design or the original?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol, there is no way that Bomber could be any smaller for that guy, shoulders or sides, that's perfect. Any more and he'd feel the jacket on him and it'd pull. Wear that thing in the rain and see it come to life. Kent Money has a calf Bomber that is insane looking.

Glamdringer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
Ordered on the 3rd. Today is only the 11th. Waiting for my ToJ is like

FUUU.png

p.s. is "murdered out" the nickname of a colorway offered?

lol good luck, I ordered mine on september 2 and still waiting for it

getting kind of cold here too
eh.gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
****, serious?

goddamnit I seriously need to wear it w/ dbss sneakers before it gets too cold

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
Ah, that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.

So many droolworthy shots in the ToJ gallery. Can't decide what I want my next ToJ order to be. I suppose it really should be a peacoat for practicality's sake...

4359615538_44fe414224.jpg

Pretty sick.

Will be picking up one in Loden Green.
Excited!

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
****, serious?

goddamnit I seriously need to wear it w/ dbss sneakers before it gets too cold

You bought some DBSS sneakers Synthese?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benny196
just bought a pea and a bomber. stoked

fine choices.
wink.gif

Also, regarding production times - we're still on pace, looking at my Excel here; Glamdringer, are you David? I think Synthese's jacket might be done soon too. It's those fixes that we need to speed up.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benny196
just bought a pea and a bomber. stoked

pics plz,

ill return the favor!

Timmbo

Reaction score
So stoked for my varsity. 1 week down, only a couple more to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads