1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quasky

quasky Senior member

http://www.gq.com/style/street-style...ombers#slide=4

Wondering if that's our beloved ToJ spotted in the wild on the pages of GQ?

definitely not toj. is a sweet jacket, though. that grey-on-black colourway would be pretty awesome for a wv.

2. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

The Akira DR showed up today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow, that is making a statement. I love how the color accentuates the details: belts, etc.

"'bout to go Michael Jackson on these bitches, all I need is a red jacket with some zippers"

3. Brahv

Brahv Active Member

Opinions between navy/beige, navy/camel and jason bourne colourways? I'm going to order one within the next week or two and this decision seriously feels impossible.

I love the beige colour on this gant rugger varsity but it appears the one with ToJ is lighter and the camel is darker...

I just got my navy/beige today, and its beautiful.

will post a quick fit pic tonight.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I know this has been covered a bunch of times already, but what are the differences between lamb and calfskin?

I'm also playing with the idea of a varsity, but a 25 yr old may be too old to wear one =/

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

lambskin is soft, supple, and breaks in easier (quicker).

calfskin is thicker, more resistant, and takes a bit longer to break in.

6. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

WTF ever 25 is too old. I'm 24 and getting ready to grab one.

*somebody please tell me, QUICKLY, if being 24 is in fact too old. Thanks!

7. Marbles29

Marbles29 Senior member

lamb is generally more expensive too. the multi-grand designer leathers are often lamb.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

lamb is generally more expensive too. the multi-grand designer leathers are often lamb.
    ToJ prices their lambs a bit cheaper than the calf however, albeit not much at all...around $20-30.

I guess I associate myself being too old to rock one because varsities are given out to the varsity sport teams in high school.

9. user7

user7 Senior member

what's the current lamb color availability? any chance of a red a touch darker than aeglus'?

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

ToJ prices their lambs a bit cheaper than the calf however, albeit not much at all...around $20-30. I guess I associate myself being too old to rock one because varsities are given out to the varsity sport teams in high school.
    I did too, but they're actually quite versatile (more of a "not a jock" than "I'm an old man" issue though)

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Right now, today, just black for DR's and Motos, black and brown (and other colors possibly) for Bombers, both lamb and calf in each. I am getting a new shipment of YKK zipper parts from Japan in sometime soon, maybe next week, so the selection may blow wide open at that time. I am recommending this russet red horsehide in a DR or Moto (no Bombers in FQHH, he doesn't want to work with it) if people want to pre-order it (I'll buy the leather up front, and then we just wait on the dyeable zips to arrive in a week or so), as this leather may run out quickly. I've already bought it for two jackets and I'm not sure how many jackets are left. [​IMG] there are also some brown FQHH's that I'll have to go back and get an inventory on, because those come and go. They'd also make some really insane DR's/Motos, they'd be amongst the best things I'll have made thus far.

12. impolyt_one

also, calf can be a little more cheaper than lamb normally, but the calf I use is somehow more expensive than my lamb, and my lamb itself is not cheap, it's about the most expensive lamb in the whole market. Good horse and goat are not cheap either. Per square the difference between all is nominal but then you multiply by the necessary area for a jacket and the difference shows up.

13. slappy

slappy Senior member

Man, give me a FQHH bomber and Ill buy it immediately.

14. impolyt_one

you missed the golden era of FQHH and goat bombers. [​IMG] Maybe someday again. Not soon though, FQHH is way too limited to make much of a fuss about anyway.

15. slappy

slappy Senior member

Limited in what way?

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Limited in what way?

There are two worthwhile tanneries in the world. One is in the US and one in Japan. Not sure about toral scarcity, but the discerning leather maker will only choose the best horsehide, which IS limited.

17. slappy

slappy Senior member

Oh I didn't take his sentence to mean that FQHH is scarce and so he won't offer it. As that would just imply an uptick in price.

18. impolyt_one

what Moo said, ours comes from Japan. Food industry byproduct over there. [​IMG]

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

also, calf can be a little more cheaper than lamb normally, but the calf I use is somehow more expensive than my lamb, and my lamb itself is not cheap, it's about the most expensive lamb in the whole market. Good horse and goat are not cheap either. Per square the difference between all is nominal but then you multiply by the necessary area for a jacket and the difference shows up.
    Ever get more experimental/"out-there" leathers like foiled lamb/goat?

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

what Moo said, ours comes from Japan. Food industry byproduct over there. [​IMG]

Thankfully. [​IMG] My jacket is also from the Japanese tannery. Very, very good stuff. Can't wait to see what that deep burgundy FQHH will look like from you guys.

Ever get more experimental/"out-there" leathers like foiled lamb/goat?

What does foiled mean?

+1 on the question... how about Elk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.