1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

OK gonna place my order for a WV tonight. I was thinking all black but after seeing some of these colors I dunno anymore. Is the navy/caramel available? Also, can anyone give me an equivalent to a size 50 in relation to some other clothing? Would that be large?

Inb4 shut up don't ask questions in thread

It would be really difficult to give you a certain answer, especially because you're so vague (a large in what?).

Regardless, the nature of the design and cut of the jackets makes finding an equivalent difficult. Just look at the measurements and either a) take measurements of your body or b) take measurements of an article of clothing that fits you well.

Or you could ask Charly, which is what you should have done in the first place.

2. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Was about to order a peacoat but heard it wasn't really slim, especially the sleeves. Anyone care to comment? I dont want to drop 450 and regret it.

3. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

Was about to order a peacoat but heard it wasn't really slim, especially the sleeves. Anyone care to comment? I dont want to drop 450 and regret it.

http://toj.pixi.me/v/peacoat/

4. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

It's a winter coat... it's slim with the expectation that you're most likely going to layer something underneath it -_-;

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Is this style still available to order? (With this type of collar)? Willy or anyone else, can you please repost the diagram that shows which body parts to measure for the measurements please. I'm going to finally put an order in. [​IMG]
    Yes... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Regarding peacoats, you can see from the measurements guide(#1, #2, #5, #6 and #7), that you're able to choose how slim you want it to be, just like a leather.

6. halisray

halisray Senior member

I guess the first image (of the body) can be used to measure for bombers?

7. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

Not slim at all. I'm a 16.5" in s2s and went for a size S with plans to layer underneath. I can wear an oxford underneath and still not look too boxy. If you plan to layer get your normal size; if not then just size down to achieve a slimmer effect. I'm not sure how much room there is to layer if you size down though. Ask the sizing guru, I'm sure he'll give better insight.

8. stick

stick Senior member

Hey Drew, is there any possibility of the flannel lined chinos? I know there was some discussion a year ago but the idea seems to have faded away, and they'd be awesome.

9. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

Hey Drew, is there any possibility of the flannel lined chinos? I know there was some discussion a year ago but the idea seems to have faded away, and they'd be awesome.

+1 this would be sick.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The peacoat's sleeve shave been slimmed down from previous runs. Also, you may make a request for slimmer sleeves for which we slim it down by about 0.5" diameter (1" total). But you may not request specific MTM for the peacoats except length modifications.

11. siberia

siberia New Member

have all the wv's from the first run gone out yet? i still haven't gotten my tracking number

12. 2balls

2balls Senior member

http://toj.pixi.me/v/peacoat/

Judging from the pics in this album, the fit is either hit or miss. Some of those fit pics look horrible IMO. *crossing fingers*

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

People don't know how to measure themselves ^

14. false

false Senior member

I check this thread like 5 times a day checking for new Harrington fits but no dice. Harrington > * Gotta make some money.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

How slim do you guys expect a peacoat to be? Any slimmer on a lot of the fits so far and people would not be able to move and people with larger arms and backs would be ripping them apart. There are some who feel toj stuff still isn't slim enough and they go get their things tailored even slimmer, but frankly I think there is a lot missed that way. The point of the clothes is not to have a spray painted fit, that looks terrible. One guy had a tailor straighten his DR sleeves out, getting the curve out of them; the end result is the forearm is just really tight and the sleeve end does not have the graceful flare that you normally get from my pattern.

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

One guy had a tailor straighten his DR sleeves out, getting the curve out of them
    lol why would someone do this

17. jeisurii

jeisurii Well-Known Member

I check this thread like 5 times a day checking for new Harrington fits but no dice. Harrington > * Gotta make some money.

Agreed, love the Harrington. Will probably be my first TOJ as I didn't think to get the Peacoat this winter

18. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Judging from the pics in this album, the fit is either hit or miss. Some of those fit pics look horrible IMO. *crossing fingers*

Pretty sure everything is 'hit or miss', no? Unless you know of a piece of clothing that fits great on every single person that tries it on...

19. IanTheM

IanTheM Member

How slim do you guys expect a peacoat to be? Any slimmer on a lot of the fits so far and people would not be able to move and people with larger arms and backs would be ripping them apart. There are some who feel toj stuff still isn't slim enough and they go get their things tailored even slimmer, but frankly I think there is a lot missed that way. The point of the clothes is not to have a spray painted fit, that looks terrible. One guy had a tailor straighten his DR sleeves out, getting the curve out of them; the end result is the forearm is just really tight and the sleeve end does not have the graceful flare that you normally get from my pattern.

You should go Soup Nazi. No TOJ for you! Honestly though, this is just like how people don't understand Dior jeans.

20. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

One guy had a tailor straighten his DR sleeves out, getting the curve out of them; the end result is the forearm is just really tight and the sleeve end does not have the graceful flare that you normally get from my pattern.
    http://toj.pixi.me/v/toj2_3/43621373...47b_o.jpg.html are you talking about shinchrono? i know i had mine done by you guys in a similar tapered sleeve.. i get the graceful flare when i unzip the sleeves and the super skinny look when i zip the sleeves which i'm quite happy with though i do realize it is not what the pattern was intended for.. but for the record that's still my favourite DR fit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.