• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aqhong and baconzilla been killlllin the toj look, good work dus

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boots
I'll say, that peacoat fit looks impeccable from the back. But I really wish we could see how one of the green ones turned out. I think the loden green with brown leather would take the cake.
I got one. it does. It doesn't photograph well, though (or at least it's not an easy color to discern); the loden is very dark. Mine is also back with drew for the time being since it had a couple of defects.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bma
arms could be slimmer and it's a little blousey, imho. other than that the peacoat looks fantastic.

He doesn't need to be shrinkwrapped in it. Any slimmer in the body and it would look odd. Outerwear that isn't a leather jacket shouldn't be a second skin.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I'm not big on peacoats myself, but that looks fantastic aqhong.
+1, I really don't like the look of a peacoat (on myself) but that almost makes me change my mind
blush.gif

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boots
I'll say, that peacoat fit looks impeccable from the back.

But I really wish we could see how one of the green ones turned out. I think the loden green with brown leather would take the cake.

Me too. I was really interested in the green peacoat ... and then it turned warm ... and then I forgot. However, that is no excuse and I am once again in the really interested category even though it's pushing 90 here today. Any pics of it floating around? I know I had looked previously at the ToJ gallery and didn't see anything. Drew? Charly?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I thought I took a pic of one. I have a pile of extra peacoats of various sizes here at my house and I think one is green, I'll go take a look later. The green ones got brown leather + brown wood buttons (Arethusa, I figured out recently that we need to switch from your 30mm buttons to 28mm buttons, good to go there)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The uppper 2 pockets are too high in the WvG version. I much prefer the pocket placement in this one below but would like it even more if the hand warmer pockets were a little lower
fecastleberry20091129_0018.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ don't like that pea at all. There's no shape to it, the collar looks meh, 4 buttons doesn't work for that guy, the armholes look bad the way he's standing, and the pockets look bad.

simple classics are apparently very difficult to nail. we've all seen weird jean cuts from start-up denim companies. online MTM shirts rarely lead to good results until multiple attemps after the first. etc.

It makes you appreciate when people get it right.

right now TOJ is an excellent deal for the price in terms of quality.

But it's the styling and the fit that is what makes it amazing. in some parts of the world you might be able to get **** made of the same quality for a similar price if you're lucky. But you're gonna have a really hard time getting that cut bang on, and having all the little details looking nice. The technical collar on the pea is an example of something that just looks way better than anything else, and 99% of people would have had no idea of how to go about it.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The picture is marsupialed

Hey guys I need my 30oz melton coat as my delicious organs are feeling crisp in this weather, though my ankles are sweating, so I'll forgo the hosiery!

Going to order an MA-1 tonight.

Still thinking about a peacoat but I know I need a single riders in lamb suede.

So much kop to do.

Drew my GF really loved the single riders leather, what's the best way to cut one for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads