• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotesMcGotes

Reaction score
I would look into a suede one for sure, it's just too bad i didn't pay enough attention to ToJ until after that piece was gone...
But I'm pretty excited about the button-downs, they look awesome in pics

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Here's how it fits, just took some quick shots:
972mgi.jpg

e8l8xe.jpg

Pure win. I don't have the words to express how absolutely badass that jacket is. Quick question for you TOJ veterans, approximately how long does it take to receive shirts back here in the states?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Ya, jacket looks perfect to me. Regarding the fit, aeglus and I have fairly similar body shapes with a more pronounced lordodic curve than the average joe. I think a tighter fitting top is required to avoid a really bad side silhouette. The difference between looking like an overweight potbelly motherfucker and someone in shape is a more fitted top at the belly.

I'm in agreement; aeglus is compact, while being big upper body-wise, and if I gave him too much room in that jacket, it'd not look as good IMO. We have a lot of guys between 5'5" and 5'8"ish and I feel jacket measurements are most sensitive on them, after that there is more forgiveness.

I had to look up 'lordodic curve' and had no knowledge of the term before but I did know how I wanted that jacket to fit in the back, which is how he wears it. The heeled boots definitely affect posture and make that back curve more pronounced, but it is a good thing for overall appearance.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my 20s ox in steel grey. Construction is on point, fit is great (albeit a little small in the shoulders, as I expected based on measurements) I got a size large and I'm 6'2" 178 lbs. My shoulders and chest would probably do best in an XL, but this shirt fits perfectly as long as I don't tumble dry right now. Overall, very pleased with the fit and I'll probably order some more BDs when I get the funds. Thanks again. Also, excuse the ****** pics I just wanted ppl to get an idea of how the shirting fits. For me, it fits better than BoO (longer) and Gitman (slimmer).
p1010249s.jpg
p1010250c.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that looks really good on you Fycus. I'd go to the XL next time if you tend to really abuse shirts and put them through hot cycles all the time, but with normal care that shirt will do just fine and it fits great too, doesn't look too small, looks pretty damn good for out of the box if you ask me.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fycus: you're comparing your ToJ L to a Gitman L, right?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct, Normally I'd wear a L in Gitman. Also, Dis you are right the shirt fits absolutely cherry as is but being a druken college student I go to the bars a lot and get dark drinks spilled on me every now and again. The only remedy is to hotwash, and often times it makes to easier to tumble dry most my clothes. As an out of box thing, it couldn't fit better. Unfortunately, I am not careful enough to keep my clothes in pristine condition.

rvergeront

Reaction score
Got my shirts on Friday. Love the color of the red. Fit is pretty good. Maybe a tad snug.

Wearing a large. 6'3" 195ish

SteezNuts

Reaction score
When did you guys place an order? I put one in on last Wednesday but still have no word on it. Maybe because I ordered 4?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
People are absurdly impatient... you realize this stuff is made to order, right?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aeglus - Sweet mercy that jacket looks dope as hell. It looks a tad tight in the chest, but not sure if it's as restricting after some wear or as much as it looks in the pics. The leather is sick though, nice.

It's nice to start to see some shirt pics start to surace.

Originally Posted by Fycus
Got my 20s ox in steel grey. Construction is on point, fit is great (albeit a little small in the shoulders, as I expected based on measurements) I got a size large and I'm 6'2" 178 lbs. My shoulders and chest would probably do best in an XL, but this shirt fits perfectly as long as I don't tumble dry right now. Overall, very pleased with the fit and I'll probably order some more BDs when I get the funds. Thanks again. Also, excuse the ****** pics I just wanted ppl to get an idea of how the shirting fits. For me, it fits better than BoO (longer) and Gitman (slimmer).

p1010249s.jpg

p1010250c.jpg

I think it looks okay everywhere except the shoulders, it looks too constricting and the fact that you'd be wearing it "hard" and warm washing I think you would do better with a size up. At least in the shoulders if everything else looks good. Just up the shoulder width if possible, given the MTM feature.

Originally Posted by rvergeront
Got my shirts on Friday. Love the color of the red. Fit is pretty good. Maybe a tad snug.

Wearing a large. 6'3" 195ish

That red looks hella delicious, but that shirt also looks too snug in the shoulders and short in the arms unless you want that look. It doesn't look comfortable now, can't imagine any better after a wash.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's likely that I'd go with MTM over XL on my next purchase. Even with the $30 addition, its still cheaper than offerings from Gitman or BoO. The problem is my body is wayyy different than traditional types. I almost have a 42 chest and a 32 waist, plus my height usually makes it even more difficult to find shirts that fit. It doesn't help that I try and workout regularly, so the upper block on my shirts get smaller and smaller over time. As it stands, the TOJ bd is the best off the rack fit for the price. I've paid twice as much for BoO and got fits that are nothing close to as nice as this.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
It's likely that I'd go with MTM over XL on my next purchase. Even with the $30 addition, its still cheaper than offerings from Gitman or BoO. The problem is my body is wayyy different than traditional types. I almost have a 42 chest and a 32 waist, plus my height usually makes it even more difficult to find shirts that fit. It doesn't help that I try and workout regularly, so the upper block on my shirts get smaller and smaller over time. As it stands, the TOJ bd is the best off the rack fit for the price. I've paid twice as much for BoO and got fits that are nothing close to as nice as this.

Ditto. I have a 10-11" drop too and its hard to find clothes.

c00kz

Reaction score
Man I like the new suedes. I want something in teal. Teal bomber, mmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics