• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll just say on my jacket that I currently have, I'm not sure how much better it'd be if you spent $4k vs $450 (jackets used to be cheaper for early guys). I mean a couple stitches have broke and one single stitch on the jacket was uneven but I'm not going to pay an extra $3500 for that.

Also from my memory in handling his stuff, leather quality is definitely on par with those brands and better than some as well. Quality is better in some cases. There's a reason I gave pretty much no info on my next purchase and just said to make it good other than some basic guidelines. I've got pretty high trust in them making a quality jacket and telling me if something I ask for is marsupialed.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacob_G
I have to say that the jacket looks damn nice in blue but it would be a wee bit too unusual for me
wink.gif
Edit: BTW can I expect that the quallity is equal to the Brunello jacket or is there a huge difference?
I can´t imagin that a jacket that costs $550 has the same quallity as a jacket that is around $4000 or
is it really just the branding?

if you can't tell the difference does it really matter that much?

daruma

Reaction score
Maybe he can tell the difference between prod. a and prod. b, it's just that he hasn't seen/touched/held prod. b..

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
Maybe he can tell the difference between prod. a and prod. b, it's just that he hasn't seen/touched/held prod. b..

He's getting product b at 1/8th the price of product a. Do those details really matter?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacob_G
Hi, found this amazing Brunello Cucinelli jacket:
Are you able to make something that looks extremly similar and has very nice leather (slightly darker brown)?
Also what would it cost to make a jacket like that (my maximum is about $1200)?

Thanks in advance

If 1200 USD is your budget and Cucinelli is your grail then buy this http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=4401.

FWIW, I recently bought a Cucinelli suede jacket and sold it on as it didnt fit me as I wanted. You can find some pics in the best leather jacket thread. The design is very nice, suede is butter and cashmere ribbing feels very luxe. But the stitching, construction and all is very ordinary. I expected far better from a jacket that is supposed to retail at 4000 USD.

Pics of the Cucinelli jacket I am talking of
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=599
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=611

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
TOJ =/= $4000 jackets, unfortunately, but yes, they are much better than what you get for the money elsewhere, because I don't price my stuff even at a wholesale level. That Brunello jacket though, I'd like to see the interior of it before passing full judgement on it; as it is, it doesn't really scream insane quality to me. It's got piecework on the sleeves and body, so they can use smaller hides, and the zippers are either Lampo or YKK, but look to be the latter, YKK metric, same as we use on the TOJ Daypack. We use YKK odds (5/7/10) on the leather jackets normally but if one wants the metrics with the trapezoidal teeth we can maybe try to hunt them down. aeglus, your jacket is done and at my crib. I think shirts should start hitting targets soon, it's like Strategic Air Command now, just waiting for the post office text messages to roll in, telling me that packages have been dropped on the victims.
redface.gif
tons of shirts. Here's what the lamb suede selection looks like:
24214_846028075950_15904009_46391627_4950591_n.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
That Brunello jacket though, I'd like to see the interior of it before passing full judgement on it;

Are you referring to the BC jacket the link to whose pics I posted just above or the pics posted by another member on previous page ?

BTW, are you willing to make the design that he desires (the one on the previous page). Some members are commenting on your behalf that you would.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that is by no means the only lamb suede we have available either, and cow and pig suede are also available to us, in many more colors.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Are you referring to the BC jacket the link to whose pics I posted just above or the pics posted by another member on previous page ?

BTW, are you willing to make the design that he desires (the one on the previous page). Some members are commenting on your behalf that you would.

I can make it, it's a simple extension of my Bomber jacket (that pattern is very versatile...)

However, I just think the one I made you, with the horn buttons and the little individually leather-flashed/stitched buttonholes (in lieu of cut and thread-bound buttonholes) is much nicer than the Brunello.
redface.gif

Doctor

Reaction score
Wow... Huge suede selection. My next ToJ will be suede. Just have to think of a colour
smile.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you said you'd be interested in doing a Belstaff style jacket, is there any chance you'd be willing to do this in grey-green buffalo?
cd31ebf145cbe05e08d138c.jpg

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Here's what the lamb suede selection looks like:
24214_846028075950_15904009_46391627_4950591_n.jpg

That is just impressive. Though I doubt anyone's going to be on board for the lavender. Haha. There is a dark blue green on the right hand side of the far shelf that would be great to use for something, love that colour.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes, that moody teal would be insane, a buttonfront A1 Bomber in that teal would be unstoppable.

Arethusa, I am not sure, I need to ruminate on something liek that.

c00kz

Reaction score
Who ordered the wool bomber? I'm really interested in pics of that..

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ JohnnyAmiga I'm here working on finishing up a black buffalo hide (it's surprisingly lightweight) Moto... I put my wallet on the counter and finally realized that my CDG wallet is also made from buffalo, it's the exact same stuff. lol.
14j12ld.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads