The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Are you still gonna be doing some cargo pants? I just developed a weird yen for some jodhpuresque loose top slim bottom cargos.[​IMG] They would probably look wack but...

2. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

my moto fit in case anyone was interested

looks good Vashin. how did you size? i think i might be similar

3. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

shoulders, front \t16.7"
    shoulders, back \t16.7"
    chest (pit-to-pit) \t19.0"
    midsection \t17.2"
    waist \t17.6"
    body length, front \t19.5"
    body length, back \t22.0"
    sleeve length, from shoulder \t22.8"
    sleeve width @ pit \t6.5"
    sleeve width @ elbow \t5.7"
    sleeve width @ cuff \t5.2"

copy + past lol.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

front back shoulders the same? *head asplode*

5. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

shoulders, front \t16.7"
    shoulders, back \t16.7"
    chest (pit-to-pit) \t19.0"
    midsection \t17.2"
    waist \t17.6"
    body length, front \t19.5"
    body length, back \t22.0"
    sleeve length, from shoulder \t22.8"
    sleeve width @ pit \t6.5"
    sleeve width @ elbow \t5.7"
    sleeve width @ cuff \t5.2"

copy + past lol.

cool. what's your height and weight? thanks vashin. i'm 5'6 130 so im kind of in the area of 44/45

6. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

haha I let TOJ handle most of the sizing suggestions. I think this one is a modified version of the first set of measurements.

I'm prob about 5'6 125-130 depending on how much food I ate that day haha.

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Received my DR today but it's a little loose so that's why I'm selling it. Give me a PM if interested.
    Damn, how'd you end up oversizing so badly?

8. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

He bought something from the sample sale I believe..

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Man, I am really getting tired of the fit police raging on ToJ threads. On one hand, it's really not my place to dictate, but HONESTLY would anyone on the street even think for a moment that du's DR doesn't "fit" him?

The shoulder notch disappears with arm movement, it is only visible in one of the two photos. Isn't that pretty much the nature of a structured shoulder? Does that *really* mean the jacket no longer fits? Lemme just throw this out there, too - an "extra inch" on the sleeves when standing with arms hanging down really only means that when you put your arms up to drive you don't look like a jackass wearing half sleeves (ie - my varsity which has PERFECT sleeves as long as I don't MOVE).

Get the sleeves tailored if they bother you that much, but it ain't that bad. I feel we tend to forget that ARMS like LEGS should not be covered in spandex unless you are otter'd out.

My apologies.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

What's an acceptable price to slim the sleeves of a leather? The only tailor in town who will work with leather just quoted me $230 (!!!!) and a three-week turnaround..

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

^^ That is crazy...

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

What's an acceptable price to slim the sleeves of a leather? The only tailor in town who will work with leather just quoted me $230 (!!!!) and a three-week turnaround..
    You need to find a better tailor homie. I'd recommend my old Chinese dude but I doubt he does leather. You may even have luck with auto upholsterers (who use ridiculously strong sewing machines that are probably stronger than those that a leather tailor would use)

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Aren't you coming to Korea a few months from now? Just wait it off and do it here where it'll easily be affordable.

14. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Man, I am really getting tired of the fit police raging on ToJ threads. On one hand, it's really not my place to dictate, but HONESTLY would anyone on the street even think for a moment that du's DR doesn't "fit" him?

I think this rant is in the right spirit, but in this actual case the shoulders and sleeves are clearly a bit too big.

15. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

The shoulder notch disappears with arm movement, it is only visible in one of the two photos. Isn't that pretty much the nature of a structured shoulder? Does that *really* mean the jacket no longer fits? Lemme just throw this out there, too - an "extra inch" on the sleeves when standing with arms hanging down really only means that when you put your arms up to drive you don't look like a jackass wearing half sleeves (ie - my varsity which has PERFECT sleeves as long as I don't MOVE).

Get the sleeves tailored if they bother you that much, but it ain't that bad. I feel we tend to forget that ARMS like LEGS should not be covered in spandex unless you are otter'd out.

My apologies.

This makes perfect sense if you dress for other people.

No one on the street is going to think your jacket is too large, many will probably think it looks great. I'm fairly sure the majority of this forum dress for themselves which is why things like fit are important. You don't spend 400 to make sure you look "passable" to the passersby. If that were the case, why go TOJ at all, pick up some synth leather from H&M for 120, no one on the street is going to stop you and critique your fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.