1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Dude the buttons look way better, but that's just me

2. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Always wanted something in blue suede. Maybe this will be my next toj... [​IMG]

3. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

suede bombers look delicious

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Anyone seen any dress shirt pics yet? That's all I'm waiting for

5. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Are you able to make something that looks extremly similar and has very nice leather (slightly darker brown)? Also what would it cost to make a jacket like that (my maximum is about $1200)? Thanks in advance
    It's just a bomber with modified details. It'd be $550 in suede. Just tell them to cut it slim, give them your pocket designs and colour preference and away you go. templeofjawnz@gmail.com

6. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

I have to say that the jacket looks damn nice in blue but it would be a wee bit too unusual for me [​IMG]. Edit: BTW can I expect that the quallity is equal to the Brunello jacket or is there a huge difference? I can´t imagin that a jacket that costs $550 has the same quallity as a jacket that is around $4000 or is it really just the branding?

7. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Like the original color much more than the blue one.

I might be interested if TOJ confirm that it can be done.

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looking over that suede a-1 again, looks so good that I'm almost tempted to make a red one once I get my other jacket. I hate seeing nice looking things [​IMG]

9. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

I have to say that the jacket looks damn nice in blue but it would be a wee bit too unusual for me [​IMG].
    It's supposed to be [​IMG]
    The ToJ bomber jackets are individually hand made, are they not? Mine is currently being made, but I imagine the quality would be excellent.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Like the original color much more than the blue one.

I might be interested if TOJ confirm that it can be done.

I'm quite certain it can be done.. but I'll have to verify it with Drew and our maker first.

The ToJ bomber jackets are individually hand made, are they not?

indeed, they are.

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ [​IMG] I was hoping TOJ would decline to do that. Now I will have to get 2 more jackets made, one this BC bomber and the other a Betstaff / Brbour style motorcycle jacket

12. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

THis guy would possibly disagree with you:
    [​IMG]

Yes, yes he would.

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Anyone seen any dress shirt pics yet? That's all I'm waiting for

I ordered 2 (only 4 were ordered I think). I told them not to send it yet so I could buy a bag or tee's or whatever but new stuff hasn't come out yet so I won't have pics for a while

14. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Dude you can't expect a 550 dollar leather to be on par with a 4000 dollar jacket. That's nonsense. It's like expecting a TaT suit to be on par with a MTM St. Andrews or something. What you can expect is that it will be substantially better quality than other leather jackets you'd pay 550 for.

15. breakz

breakz Senior member

Hasn't Drew addressed this "leather quality" issue before? I remember him mentioning ToJ leathers compare really well to $2000 leathers from MMM, Julius, RO etc.

16. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'll just say on my jacket that I currently have, I'm not sure how much better it'd be if you spent $4k vs $450 (jackets used to be cheaper for early guys). I mean a couple stitches have broke and one single stitch on the jacket was uneven but I'm not going to pay an extra $3500 for that.

Also from my memory in handling his stuff, leather quality is definitely on par with those brands and better than some as well. Quality is better in some cases. There's a reason I gave pretty much no info on my next purchase and just said to make it good other than some basic guidelines. I've got pretty high trust in them making a quality jacket and telling me if something I ask for is retarded.

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I have to say that the jacket looks damn nice in blue but it would be a wee bit too unusual for me [​IMG].
    Edit: BTW can I expect that the quallity is equal to the Brunello jacket or is there a huge difference?
    I can´t imagin that a jacket that costs $550 has the same quallity as a jacket that is around $4000 or
    is it really just the branding?

if you can't tell the difference does it really matter that much?

18. daruma

daruma Senior member

Maybe he can tell the difference between prod. a and prod. b, it's just that he hasn't seen/touched/held prod. b..

19. breakz

breakz Senior member

Maybe he can tell the difference between prod. a and prod. b, it's just that he hasn't seen/touched/held prod. b..

He's getting product b at 1/8th the price of product a. Do those details really matter?

20. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Hi, found this amazing Brunello Cucinelli jacket:
    Are you able to make something that looks extremly similar and has very nice leather (slightly darker brown)?
    Also what would it cost to make a jacket like that (my maximum is about $1200)?

Thanks in advance

If 1200 USD is your budget and Cucinelli is your grail then buy this http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=4401.

FWIW, I recently bought a Cucinelli suede jacket and sold it on as it didnt fit me as I wanted. You can find some pics in the best leather jacket thread. The design is very nice, suede is butter and cashmere ribbing feels very luxe. But the stitching, construction and all is very ordinary. I expected far better from a jacket that is supposed to retail at 4000 USD.

Pics of the Cucinelli jacket I am talking of
    http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=599
    http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=611

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.