1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

It hits right about waist level, probably could use an inch or so, but not worth getting rid of it over

2. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I'd just pair it with higher-rise jeans

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

tee length plays a huge part in jacket length appearance

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Am I the only one who got covered pockets? And those jackets look best with a longer tee underneath.

5. impolyt_one

Am I the only one who got covered pockets? And those jackets look best with a longer tee underneath.

nah, someone else on sufu got covered pockets on his black Moto. I do agree longer tees work better. Quack's fit is good. It's shorter in the body as it appears but I can't see the rest of the body fit and that plays a role as well. I am kind of tired of explaining that the jackets of this style and the DR should fit where they hit the beltline, which is where Quack's fits. Too much length and you start interrupting the lower back silhouette with movement from the belt and below and that, I feel, is wrong for the style.

6. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Hey drew,

just picked up my moto and shirts today.

Thanks!

7. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

Yeah I can do that. Do you have any perfectly fitting shirts right now or anything that would work as a baseline from which to add/subtract here and there?
    alright so i do not have a button-up i would classify as a perfect fit so could i have your sizing chart? i need to get an order into u asap.

8. otter

otter Senior member

[​IMG]

Just picked up my moto. Gonna be perfect for barhopping

i am sorry to say that this waaaay too short, and wearing a shorter tee isnt going to help

9. will_i_am

will_i_am Active Member

i've accepted the croppedness (word?) of my Schott perfecto.

Motorcycle jackets are short by design.
    I have the 618, the original perfecto, and it's only like 23.5' from collar to bottom.

10. otter

otter Senior member

i've accepted the croppedness (word?) of my Schott perfecto.

Motorcycle jackets are short by design.

what you dont understand is that it doesnt suit a lot of ppl, especially guys with long torsos and long arms, especially if you are going to wear tees untucked

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

We understand, you don't like the way ToJ offerings are cut, can you go away now?

12. otter

otter Senior member

We understand, you don't like the way ToJ offerings are cut, can you go away now?
    i actually like what MR TOJ is offering, especially the other leathers, which btw i am considering buying i am just offering an unbiased opinion on that moto fit, which imo is too short there is no use saying ''wear shorter tees'' or ''higher rise jeans'' if thats not his style besides the length, i think that moto looks great on him

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I can't comment on that pic, can't see the whole proportions, but nothing bothers me more than a long leather jacket.. much rather have it cropped

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

same here not trying to shit on the product. the fit is beautiful everywhere else, but i think it would look nicer if it was just a little shorter than the t-shirt. maybe cover the belt line at most.

i think my tax refund check will go towards a toj leather.

15. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

I can't comment on that pic, can't see the whole proportions, but nothing bothers me more than a long leather jacket.. much rather have it cropped

Personally, mine is about short as I'd want. It hits around the middle/top of my belt (well, depending on pants) at the front, and just slightly lower in the back. It's definitely the shortest jacket I own. I think shorter jackets look a little awkward on me (more than usual, I mean).

The cropped thing looks good on some others, though.

But, indeed, hard to evaluate the one in question without a wider-angle shot.

16. splattered

splattered Senior member

Who all received a Moto recently? I received mine and the fit is off. The sleeves are at least 1" shorter and .5-1" slimmer from shoulder to cuff, the front jacket length is .5-1" shorter from collar to hem, and the shoulder to shoulder is around 1" wider than we discussed during the measuring process. Wondering if i got someone elses jacket... :/ I emailed TOJ, waiting for a reply [​IMG]

17. user7

user7 Senior member

^ What were the measurements? I was actually wondering if I got sent the wrong jacket...I already asked Charly to clarify but haven't heard back yet. Probably not though; I think they just adjusted the measurements for me even after saying it was too late to do so.

18. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i actually like what MR TOJ is offering, especially the other leathers, which btw i am considering buying

i am just offering an unbiased opinion on that moto fit, which imo is too short

there is no use saying ''wear shorter tees'' or ''higher rise jeans'' if thats not his style

besides the length, i think that moto looks great on him

An unbiased opinion is impossible.

19. impolyt_one

Who all received a Moto recently? I received mine and the fit is off. The sleeves are at least 1" shorter and .5-1" slimmer from shoulder to cuff, the front jacket length is .5-1" shorter from collar to hem, and the shoulder to shoulder is around 1" wider than we discussed during the measuring process. Wondering if i got someone elses jacket... :/ I emailed TOJ, waiting for a reply [​IMG]

it is impossible that you got someone else's jacket, the names for each person's jacket are attached to the garment all the way til it gets back to my house in finished form, where I pack them up individually and finish sewing them by hand.
    We adjust measurements on the fly sometimes, because when we're on the factory floor looking up your order and assessing it, we need to make it so the jacket does not come out disproportionately (most people sizing a jacket cold would make a disproportionate jacket, I've found)...
    If you have emailed Charly, he will get back to you.

20. impolyt_one

i am sorry to say that this waaaay too short, and wearing a shorter tee isnt going to help

yes, a shorter tee will help. He's covering the front pocket openings on his jeans with tee shirt already, and the picture doesn't lead to any ideas on how the top half balances with the bottom half. Thanks for your lovely insight otter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.