The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

I havn't handled Drew's lamb specifically, but when I have seen lamb from other manufacturers it seemed like it was a lot 'squishier,' almost like it was padded inside. So, I suppose it definitely is softer, but you can cause abrasions with your fingernail even...
    As others have repeatedly mentioned, TOJ's lamb is completely unlike most designer lamb; I was surprised by how thick and sturdy it was when I got it, based on my previous experiences with lamb leather. It's too heavy to wear in the summer, in fact, and I'm definitely not going to be causing any abrasions in it with my fingernails. So please refrain from commenting on product you have no experience with. That said, even if it was as thin and light as most designer lamb, are you really going to tell someone they're wrong if they prefer a lighter, drapier jacket, or one that could actually be worn in warmer weather? Is it that unthinkable that someone else might have different values or be looking for different qualities in their clothing than you? I get that you really like the calf, it's just the presumptuousness of "why would anyone ever want lamb" that gets to me. I mean, I really like the lamb, but I don't pretend to know what's best for everyone.

2. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

I dont know if you noticed, but I said 'it makes me wonder.' I wasnt asserting anything on anyone. And I didn't tell anyone they were 'in the wrong' for getting lamb, bud. If anything, I think it invites a response, just as you and aeglus have done.

You are obviously more experienced with TOJ lamb than me. And now that you've kindly explained what you value in the lamb, I can see where you are coming from.

I'll admit, I'm an opinionated guy but I wasn't dogging anyone for getting the lamb.

3. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

As others have repeatedly mentioned, TOJ's lamb is completely unlike most designer lamb; I was surprised by how thick and sturdy it was when I got it, based on my previous experiences with lamb leather. It's too heavy to wear in the summer, in fact, and I'm definitely not going to be causing any abrasions in it with my fingernails. So please refrain from commenting on product you have no experience with.

That said, even if it was as thin and light as most designer lamb, are you really going to tell someone they're wrong if they prefer a lighter, drapier jacket, or one that could actually be worn in warmer weather? Is it that unthinkable that someone else might have different values or be looking for different qualities in their clothing than you?

I get that you really like the calf, it's just the presumptuousness of "why would anyone ever want lamb" that gets to me. I mean, I really like the lamb, but I don't pretend to know what's best for everyone.

damn nigga get that sand out of your vagina.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

As others have repeatedly mentioned, TOJ's lamb is completely unlike most designer lamb; I was surprised by how thick and sturdy it was when I got it, based on my previous experiences with lamb leather. It's too heavy to wear in the summer, in fact, and I'm definitely not going to be causing any abrasions in it with my fingernails. So please refrain from commenting on product you have no experience with. That said, even if it was as thin and light as most designer lamb, are you really going to tell someone they're wrong if they prefer a lighter, drapier jacket, or one that could actually be worn in warmer weather? Is it that unthinkable that someone else might have different values or be looking for different qualities in their clothing than you? I get that you really like the calf, it's just the presumptuousness of "why would anyone ever want lamb" that gets to me. I mean, I really like the lamb, but I don't pretend to know what's best for everyone.
    Dude, fucking chill.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

haha. there are so many types of leathers at play, nobody but me knows what is going into these things at this point. Kent Money's brown Bomber: one-off brown vegetable tanned calfskin, special thickness, only one made aqhong's black Moto: black NZ lamb, washed Razele's grey DR: grey NZ (?, or French) lambskin, washed (in my possession now, to send tomorrow dude [​IMG] ) The black calfskin: Australian chrome-tanned calf, very thick, very soft. Several here have gotten it, aeglus was one of the first brown Bomber lamb: NZ lambskin TOJ0/1: Italian nappa TOJ 1.5: assorted Australian calf there have been a lot of random other leathers and stuff as well, that we don't know the origin of, etc. More about the color and finish to me than anything else. I always look for a nice next level leather though, something that I know will make for something better that you expect leather-wise.

6. impolyt_one

??

We'll know more on Wednesday. You want a prom suit (that goes on to become an all-around suit for you), this would be a good choice. I think a lot of the Dormeuils are stripes but I need to go back and see about solids.

7. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

We'll know more on Wednesday. You want a prom suit (that goes on to become an all-around suit for you), this would be a good choice. I think a lot of the Dormeuils are stripes but I need to go back and see about solids.

I'd like a solid black if at all possible.

8. impolyt_one

can be done. Not sure if it can be Dormeuil due to the limited selection of those rolls, but it can definitely be a killer fabric that is just as good. dizzhizz is a suit guy, he wore all bespoke on the daily grind for years, so I am having him head up the suit project. When is this prom?

9. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

So its vegetable-tanned, eh? That probably explains why the rain brought out the ridges and helped stiffen it up a little. I guess the next best thing to FQHH! Thanks drew.

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Your bomber looks choice Kent, probably one of the best I've seen.

Drew: Champion mate, I will photograph the fuck out of that thing for this threak.

So many things happening at TOJ, I can't wait. So many activities we can do!

11. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

12. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

MA-1 please.

+1

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

I'd like a solid black if at all possible.
    Is it at night? Under artificial light? Get midnight navy.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is it at night? Under artificial light?

Get midnight navy.

Do this, suit will look way better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.