• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
So when will Suits be ready? I'm looking to pick one up for my senior prom but I need to know if the investment is going to land it at my doorstep in time.
??

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Care to give some sizing comparisons to other SF approved shirting brands for some guidance? I really like what I'm reading and seeing so far on the ToJ oxfords and have been following the thread and progress for a bit now, but haven't chimed in yet. The oxford was the first item I wanted to try to dive into the brand with. Generally for those who purchased recently, some typical to SF measurements on the shirt would be very helpful and shirt fit comparisons to other brands we're familiar with on the boards if/when you had the time would be appreciated on my end and I would think ToJ's end. People were hesitant for a while to jump in on Epaulet's shirting at first for this very reason, limited experience/sizing knowledge, but those who have followed have seen how that has grown. So help me help ToJ! Thanks.
When I measured my shirt fresh out of the box, it matched up with TOJ's size chart exactly (so kudos to whoever took the measurements). That said, here are measurements for my shirt at the moment: Size XS after warm machine wash + hang dry + at least a day of wear (stretch)
  • Shoulders, front: 16" (this is the way TOJ measures)
  • Shoulders, back: 17.25" (from the very tips of the shoulders in the above diagram, rather than the seam junctions)
  • Pit-to-pit: 19.25" (did not shrink in the wash, and is actually bigger than it was originally, probably due to stretch)
  • Waist at the narrowest point (about halfway between pit and hem): 18.25"
  • Hem width: 19.75" (surprised me, as I didn't notice any hip flare at all, as this measurement might suggest)
  • Back length, bottom of collar to hem: 28.5" (shrunk from 29.25")
  • Sleeve length, shoulder to cuff: 24.5" (shrunk from 25")
  • Collar: 15.75" (actual measurement; will fit a 14.5-15 neck / "dress shirt size" best)
For reference, I'm 5'9", 130ish, ~35" chest, and this shirt is a damn near perfect MTM fit for me; my fit pics are here. My best fitting shirts aside from this one are RRL selvedge oxfords in size S (fits slightly looser and longer) and BoO size S (slightly wider shoulders, probably narrower waist). Overall fit notes:
  • Shoulders are on the narrower side (which is what Drew intended).
  • Body cut is perfect, imo; a healthy taper towards the waist, but not as extreme of an "hourglass" shape as, say, BoO.
  • Post-shrink body and sleeve lengths are perfect for those of average height, imo; looks good untucked, but can also be tucked.
  • Hem is nicely cut, with just the right amount of curvature towards the sides (not BoO crazy).
  • As has been mentioned, the forearms run slim (although the biceps are about average); the sleeve measures around 6" wide at the elbow and tapers evenly to a 4" wide cuff with no pleats. This isn't skin-tight, but it basically makes it impossible for me to roll up my sleeves comfortably, as I can't really fold the cuff over more than about twice. Really hoping Drew will loosen this up a little in the future, as it's my only complaint with the fit.
Alright, I think that's enough fit nerdery, but if you want any more info, just ask.

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
ETA on the MA-1?

From SuFu earlier today:

This winter weather here is putting a crimp on my progress, it's tough to go out. We got a whole bunch of stuff in for order though, so that will begin coming out this week. My girlfriend is back the day after tomorrow and she is the one who helps me put together the graded patterns for stuff lately, so the MA-1 will finally be put into production as well. More on the MA-1 later.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Wore my Oxford today to work and got a ton of compliments on it. Dudes wanted to know where to buy it (2) and girls all said it looked great (4-5). Awesome

Cool man. That is what I was aiming for with this shirt; a pretty basic OCBD that has just enough to set it apart from the others, in fit, construction, and details (anybody have anyone point out to them how thick these buttons are?) White is coming this week.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup d

When's the second run of peacoats going man?

Need to get on that.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is emaildu on hiatus? Gray moto subjects...

racknac

Reaction score
Dammit I just discovered this thread and really want the TOJ G'Harrington... and its now discontinued. Just my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads