• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Well that is what I was feeling from the start, and what I went with.
smile.gif
It's all been paid, so now I just wait.
bounce2.gif

I demand pics when it arrives (in a nice, fellow-SFer kind of way). I want to see the washed gray
wink.gif

Leonard Leroy

Reaction score
Damn yoooo, people, dress shirts need some slack in the measurement, its a rule not a preference. I'm a 36 chest and I wouldn't **** with anything less than 19" across the chest. 19" is slim as **** on me --- skinny but not tit hugging.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Will be nice to see it in a non-business casual vibe though. Nice to know the jcrew-y guys can wear it too though

lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Leonard Leroy
Damn yoooo, people, dress shirts need some slack in the measurement, its a rule not a preference. I'm a 36 chest and I wouldn't **** with anything less than 19" across the chest. 19" is slim as **** on me --- skinny but not tit hugging.

This man speaks the truth.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, this is bad timing for me. Really want a green peacoat, really don't have the cash. Oh, life. Maybe next year.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking shirt. 36 Chest and you are not a small?? I thought I'd be a SMALL since I'm a 38 Chest (Size MED in BoO). I don't think the fit is all that bad, just a little tight around the waist area.

Originally Posted by Stitch77
Ha, that's me. I agree, the shirt's a little too small for me. It's a size Small, and although the shoulders fit fine the chest could do with some more room, and maybe a fraction more length would be good (I planned on wearing it untucked though so length isn't too bad). I would have been better off getting the size Medium and washing + drying it to shrink a little bit.

For those who might be interested, my body measurements are:

Height: 6ft
Weight: 72 kg (I think, haven't weighed myself in a while)
Shoulders: 16.5"
Chest: 36.5"
Waist: 31"
Hips: 32"

Thinking I'll sell this and order another (any Australians who want a deal on a size Small shirt, PM me, haha)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post_old.gif
15 minutes ago
clear.gif
dismalfuture # 6392 postwhore joined: May 2006 location: bringing food and steez to the victims posts: 9,020 rep power: 2037
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
icon1.gif
We had a blizzard here last night, **** was rough today, the worst snow ever recorded in modern Korean history (0) (they've only been recording since 1937, lol). They don't have salt here for the sidewalks or roads, and sprinkling gravel on the snow doesn't too much much when it's 12" deep, you're just decorating dessert at that point. I have tomorrow to go to the post office and send stuff from the past couple days. I think about a third of the oxfords are gone now.... a lot of black and black/white Hbone peas preordered, daypacks go in tomorrow once we get a shopping list from the maker, and a lot of people got wallets. No one has jumped at the loden green pea yet, so we may retract it; we found a brown/white micro Hbone that looks really nice too (and would look knockout with the brown NZ lamb and buffalo horn buttons). We collected snippets of fabrics today but by 3 everything had closed and gone home for a snow day and the leather place was completely done, so we gotta go back once more and get the last fabric swatches tomorrow. Good news: Carved buffalo horn buttons for the peacoat. In effect, from the first coat, as standard. Other good news: I have an MA-1 here, I will take pics of it in a second. Looks cool, will get minor tweaks, but it's a good sample. Modified version of original pattern. "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ "¢ Temple of Jawnz Varsity team: don't drop your soap http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=153094
user_online.gif

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the guy in front of our apartment had a hell of a time with just a broom

can't wait for ma-1 pics

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Great looking shirt. 36 Chest and you are not a small?? I thought I'd be a SMALL since I'm a 38 Chest (Size MED in BoO). I don't think the fit is all that bad, just a little tight around the waist area.

You'd be a Medium in this. BoO is cut aggressively, this shirt is mild in comparison, but fitted. Your shirt p2p size =/= chest + 2" (Arethusa
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
)... 2" isn't enough really. I also mentioned that the chest tapers in from the pits about .5" in narrower once you go down, but we in Asia measure p2p at the actual pit. It's assumed the garment will taper in with a subtle taper, for men. BTW, the measurements that are on the are measurements taken from the outside of the garment, and so the inside is a little smaller obviously, and you'd need to take into account that they shrink - they are a cotton oxford shirt.

I actually think Stitch' fit in small looks really good, considering. I wouldn't throw it in the dryer but it fits like I've seen people wear BoO shirts and stuff around here. He would probably be better in Medium, but I think his measurements are a maybe bit tough to fit in a standard shirt, IMO. 16.5 s2s/36.5" chest on a 6'/160lb frame would've thrown me for a loop too, that s2s/chest is my shirt size and I am 5'9/125. The shirt itself though, does fit a variety of frames; the three of us at TOJ are all noticeably different builds ranging from tiny (me) to meathead (charly) and we can all find a size to fit us really well in the shirts.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may well order that green+brown peacoat. Just waiting on swatches.

Do you have back shoulder-to-shoulder (widest point) measurements for the peacoat?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copped a peacoat and oxford. If my plans for a leather in a few weeks/months comes to fruition, a significant portion of my outerwear choices will be TOJ.

Bringing steez to the victims indeed.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I offer that combined shipping discount but I'll probably be sending OCBD's separately, at my next convenience, since peas are in the production process and will take what a jacket/coat from me normally takes, while the shirts are here in my loft. I'd rather see them go out and be on people's backs.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I may well order that green+brown peacoat. Just waiting on swatches.

Do you have back shoulder-to-shoulder (widest point) measurements for the peacoat?

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Arethusa, you're gonna kill me with sizing questions. Is your name Ross, by chance? I have a guy who I have exchanged over 200 emails with at this point, and he has bought one piece from me so far.

Look dude, the pea, it's supposed to fit slightly boxy, you can see it's got a nice generous split between the s2s and p2p and the sleeves are nice and wide all the way down. It's not a tight tailored blazer, it's a peacoat that you might want to fit that tight tailored jacket over, or a chunky knit, what have you. The half inches don't matter man.

What I do want to know, is if the sleeve widths on the L and XL seem too big? I always have a hard time when it comes to the largest sizes. Somebody with an XL (ie 24" p2p) pea/overcoat with straight cut sleeves may want to chime in, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads