1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official STYLEFORUM x DENIMBAR Party! Friday Feb. 8th

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BrettChaotix, Jan 7, 2008.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

2. king1986

king1986 Member

I can actually say I cant wait for this event. see how things unfold.

Is there any policies as far as photography for this event. I have a blog I update daily with all types of bullshit, life, events and advertisement of establishments I have become acquainted with and being that my every visit to denim bar has been pleasent, I dont mind the advertisement. I will be attending with a few ladies, 2-10 depending on how things go, and my right hand business partner, who does dome photography work for the site.

and if so, we will mix and mingle and get great shots of all the attendents. Possibly a nice album of a mixture of people and there personal styles all coming together to share a common interest. [​IMG]

just a thought, thanks.

ps. also is there a limit to how many guest you can bring?

3. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

HanSoo417 - when I spoke with Mauro last he said he was going to be traveling during the 2nd half of Jan (doing fall buying for the store, so no complaining!) he probably won't check his SF mail very often. If it's a general DenimBar/jeans question you should just call one of the stores and ask the staff. rjmaiorano / king1986 - Store capacity is around 50 people from what I understand. Consider there will be food and drinks setup, as well as a DJ taking up space. In regards to guests - this really was setup to be a Styleforum party for the members and friends. Of course we want people to bring a date or a couple of friends so that everyone is comfy and has someone to talk to. It's not a "let's invite everyone I know to come down and get free stuff" party. I'm sure Mauro is interested in attracting new customers but please don't take advantage ;-) now, that's my opinion and I don't work for DB so if Mauro comes back and says to invite the world - it's his call. We are pretty much RSVP'ed to capacity so If you haven't already confirmed, I'd ask that you only bring a date or a friend with you and PLEASE try to spread attendance over the night so we don't get a stampede. king1986 - photography/video is ENCOURAGED! This is going to be a hell of a party and I know I'll want copies of as many photos/videos as I can get.

4. BrettChaotix

If anyone is interested, the SuFu x SelfEdge party photos have been posted on SuFu here. I don't know exactly the floor space compared to denimbar but I would guess (???) that the SuFu party was smaller. Maybe a San Francisco person can comment on that?

5. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

HanSoo417 - when I spoke with Mauro last he said he was going to be traveling during the 2nd half of Jan (doing fall buying for the store, so no complaining!) he probably won't check his SF mail very often. If it's a general DenimBar/jeans question you should just call one of the stores and ask the staff.

rjmaiorano / king1986 - Store capacity is around 50 people from what I understand. Consider there will be food and drinks setup, as well as a DJ taking up space. If we reach capacity we will ask newly arriving people to wait outside until others leave. Keep that in mind if you are bringing a group - the more people, the better chance of having to wait outside if it's busy.

In regards to guests - this really was setup to be a Styleforum party for the members and friends. Of course we want people to bring a date or a couple of friends so that everyone is comfy and has someone to talk to. It's not a "let's invite everyone I know to come down and get free stuff" party. I'm sure Mauro is interested in attracting new customers but please don't take advantage ;-) now, that's my opinion and I don't work for DB so if Mauro comes back and says to invite the world - it's his call.

We are pretty much RSVP'ed to capacity so If you haven't already confirmed, I'd ask that you only bring a date or a friend with you and PLEASE try to spread attendance over the night so we don't get a stampede.

king1986 - photography/video is ENCOURAGED! This is going to be a hell of a party and I know I'll want copies of as many photos/videos as I can get.

Me and my girl are really looking foward to the party. I think it will be quite an experiance to meet people from the forum. I ran into a guy from sufu at denim bar and recognized his pocket fade no homo.

6. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    HI EVERYONE I AM BACK FROM ROUND ONE OF BUYING.

Pictures are welcome. Video is welcome[​IMG]
    I think we should have a great turn out we have some cool stuff lined up for you guys.
    I was planning on about 50 people in the store if more comes we can hang of the rafters.

See you guys soon!!!

7. Mauro

FYI the party start at 7pm and goes til I can't walk.
    Best,
    mauro

8. BrettChaotix

FYI the party start at 7pm and goes til I can't walk.

front page updated!

9. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

If anyone is interested, the SuFu x SelfEdge party photos have been posted on SuFu here. I don't know exactly the floor space compared to denimbar but I would guess (???) that the SuFu party was smaller. Maybe a San Francisco person can comment on that?

Those are some good pictures! Something tells me whoever took them has a nice four-figure camera...

10. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle Senior member

I was at the Sufu x Self Edge party and it was pretty insane inside the store. It was packed to the brim but there were no problems. Everyone behaved themselves for the most part and had a good time.

The more the merry.

11. king1986

king1986 Member

pictures look good. wish I could have attended...but this one im pretty sure will be just as good.

cant wait! HOPEFULLY I can get something I want....

12. pooMonger

pooMonger Well-Known Member

I wish i lived near or around Arlington [​IMG]

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Wait a minute, what kind of party is this?

14. Mauro

I guess that didnt sound to good...lol

15. amerikajinda

Wait a minute, what kind of party is this?
    We's gonna get blasted, blottoed, clobbered, etched, floored, hammered, jaiked up, langered, lashed, locked, mashed, paggered, pished, plastered, razzled, scattered, scuttered, sh*t-faced, sloshed, smashed, snobbled, spiffed, stocious, tanked, tipsy, trashed, twisted, wasted and wrecked, yo!

16. amerikajinda

Then we's gonna get banjoed, boiled, Boris Yelstinned, chateaued, curried and mashed, de-ossified, gibbled, jackassed, jagged up, juice-looped, Kennedied, picassoed pixelated, slaughtered, stolichnyed, tore up from the floor up, troll-eyed, and wankered! [​IMG]

17. BrettChaotix

just another reminder to get your sizing info to me soon, and if you are bringing a date/friend get or guess theirs too [​IMG]

18. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

I'll assume that there will be no confirmation that we actually sent you are info and you got it...

More importantly, more verbage for getting decimated:

Goggled, ravaged, Newcastled, howling, legless, pickled, Michael Fished, Lutoned, Gubbed ... Most from my British breathren.

But besides Kennedied, I stake my best with getting Chevy Chased.

19. BrettChaotix

no confirmation needed - remember, I'm not making a list of everyones sizes to guarantee you all get shirts and jeans. I'm not guaranteeing that anyone is getting anything except a hangover, belly full of sushi/teriyaki and amazing sale prices. I'm taking sizing info to get some average ideas on what sizes will be in the most demand. There will be contests, give-aways and freebies and Mauro needs an idea of what to plan for. I'll give a list of all the games/contests as soon as they ready :) it's going to be a lot of fun!

20. Mauro

Brett is CORRECT