1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official STYLEFORUM x DENIMBAR Party! Friday Feb. 8th

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BrettChaotix, Jan 7, 2008.

1. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

hey they needed some air after wearing 19 oz.

Dude I just saw your girlfriend at Vidal Sassoon! I invited some of the hot stylists to come to the party -- and guess who was rocking Rag & Bones? Dana! [​IMG]

2. dsholmes1

dsholmes1 Senior member

my-oh-me-oh-my! Cannot wait for this.

3. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Forgive the ignorance but I'm very new to DC.. Is the shop within walking distance from a metro or should I take a cab? I'm staying in Scott Circle for the time being. Spose I could look this up.

This is gunna be pretty legit even if I can't be party to your booze... thats what flasks are for[​IMG]

4. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Forgive the ignorance but I'm very new to DC.. Is the shop within walking distance from a metro or should I take a cab? I'm staying in Scott Circle for the time being. Spose I could look this up. This is gunna be pretty legit even if I can't be party to your booze... thats what flasks are for[​IMG]
    Yes you can walk there from the Pentagon City metro station -- it's not in the mall per se though, what you have to do is exit the subway turnstyles, take a left to go up the escalator and through the doors into the mall from the food court, walk through the food court to the exit at the back of the food court (just keep walking straight past all the obnoxious out-of-town highschoolers here to see our nation's capital) and go through the parking garage walking tunnel, up the stairs on your left at the back of the parking garage, cross the street and you'll be at Pentagon Row with a bunch of restaurants and stuff, like a French Crepe place and a Starbucks -- then walk past the Maggie Moo's and the big fountain where kids are ice skating, take a right when you hit the street, and denim bar will be on the right past REI, Sur La Table and a running store and some other little stores. It says "DB" out front in steel or chrome.

5. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Ok, so we can't do multiple polls on the thread and I would have to create two more threads just to collect the information that I need and that's no fun.

Here's the deal without giving away too many secrets....

If you are attending the party please PM ME with your tshirt and jeans sizes.
    Don't start with the "depends on the brand/model" stuff, just send me typical sizing. I'm not making a list - It's just polling info. If you are bringing guests (male or female) please let me know their sizing too.

I'll repeat this post a few times before the party but again, please PM me with the info, rather than post it here.

6. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

I dont care if super future kids show up. I think if we post something on there sight we will get in trouble. They already yelled at for someone posting pics and the fact I was having a sale.
    unlike the cool admin staff we have here on our forum they have well you can think of a few words I am sure.

I invited a girl and her friends from Sufu so this would not be a total sausage fest.

7. BrettChaotix

I invited a girl and her friends from Sufu so this would not be a total sausage fest.

coolness - if they are definitely coming and you can wrangle up their size info too, it would help.

If you guys want to mention it casually to SuFu buddies, feel free but the SuFu mods have not given us the OK to advertise the party on their forum so please be respectful of that.

8. BrettChaotix

9. BSisTheNewBlack

BSisTheNewBlack Member

alright, i cannot wait. i will be there for sure. I am sure i can convince at least one other person to check it out also.

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Once we hit fifty people I think we will have to lock the doors only because of space issues.
    We have some cool shit lined up for your guys. It will be fun!

11. BrettChaotix

Out of the 35-40 people who've said they are coming, I've only got about a dozen people giving me sizing feedback - please keep it coming!

About capacity issues - please don't feel like everyone has to rush in at once. The booze, food, prizes and freebies will be going all night! You won't miss out on anything if you want to avoid DC rush hour and come later in the evening.

12. dsholmes1

dsholmes1 Senior member

Does the VA store carry Kicking Mules?

13. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

Yeah, we've got the 1950, 2010 raw and then some washed too.

14. Mauro

not to mention the rocker.

15. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

The burro, right? Or did you recently bring in the rocker raw?

16. dsholmes1

dsholmes1 Senior member

Oh goodies! Feb 8th cannot come soon enough.

17. Mauro

we should have both.

18. BrettChaotix

another request for sizing info if you haven't sent it yet [​IMG]

19. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

alright, i cannot wait. i will be there for sure. I am sure i can convince at least one other person to check it out also.

Nikki loves your screen name. We gotta hang out again soon man that was a fun day.

20. lost in va

lost in va Senior member

I'm going to try my hardest to get out of work early and head up from the beach (virginia beach) to meet with a friend from SF and then head to this.

I've wanted to go to the store for so long. I've sent many friends in need of jeans to denimbar but have yet to go myself.