• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent Wan

JP Marcellino

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
More late breaking news - Frank Ercole will be at the event. So, if you guys need a bespoke suit in the NYC British-Italian tradition, this is the real deal: http://www.francoercole.com/

Who is going to spring to get this made for me?

Cheers,

Fok.

this is from his FB page. i have always loved thick old school "gangster" stripe suits. this suit tailor is incredible.

i was talking to an old school Italian suit maker that's right here in Huntington just the other day. HE, was fascinated how i stitch this thick bridle leather by hand, but i have to tell you, he pulled out a suit from the 50's that he stitched completely by hand and my jaw dropped at the level of detail. not just the detail but the fact that the entire suit was stitched by hand, knowing first hand the labor intense process, i have much respect for this old craft. Don't get me wrong, and we both agreed, that machine stitching is an art form too, but something is to be said of hand stitching (yes i am bias, obviously).

and i don't necessarily mean what can be created with hand stitching as opposed to machine. i mean the long hours of monotonous labor as one of my guys called it "boring" work. Long stretches of hand stitching could be hours upon hours of "wanting to end it all" stitching work. and in the end if you make a mistake and have to toss it all away, in those moments you hope no one is around to see you cry like a little girl. no doubt hand stitching brings out the detail like no machine can, but there is a cost to your "sanity." A price i am willing to pay for the reward of my customer appreciating and being satisfied with my work.....

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably be there!
I applaud your commitment, sir.

Plan to swing by Sunday.
I always lol when I read or hear someone say "swing". My wife tells me that my maturity level ground to a halt at age 15. She obviously met me when I was much older than 15.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent Wang will be bringing a full range of nearly everything we sell, including a full size range of our benchgrade and handgrade shoes to try on for size. The only thing we won't be bringing is made-to-measure, but you can just go to our New York pop-up for that.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want to be there so bad.... Unfortunately, will be out of town that weekend :( Perhaps next time.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll stop by Saturday afternoon........a bottle of Appleton's rum should suffice =)

Or a Corona LOL

btuthill

Reaction score
I will be swinging by some time on Saturday. Sounds like a great event.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
If we need to RSVP for the correct amount of booze, you should probably count me as two.

dkongs2

Reaction score
This sounds great. Any amber ale or scotch is fine by me!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kent Wang will be bringing a full range of nearly everything we sell, including a full size range of our benchgrade and handgrade shoes to try on for size. The only thing we won't be bringing is made-to-measure, but you can just go to our New York pop-up for that.
I got a request that you bring your low top sneakers - navy and grey, I think.

GauchoSF

Reaction score
Tentative yes!

Looking forward to meeting some more of our Affiliates in person :) And Fok, I suppose it will be nice to see you as well.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know, it would have been great! Don't worry, there will be time in the future I am sure.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait a second, wait a second, as Style Forum's esteemed board member, why wasn't I consulted with before setting the date of the trunk show? :(

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a second, wait a second, as Style Forum's esteemed board member, why wasn't I consulted with before setting the date of the trunk show?
frown.gif

Wait a second, wait a second, as a devoted Style Forum board member, why don't you plan and reorganize your weekend getaways around the date of the trunk show?
sly.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads