• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

diokanye

Reaction score
I've been wanting to see this thread for a long time, but now I think Ill just make it myself.

If you haven't heard about Stoffa, then you really have been missing out. Extremely high quality, value conscious, Italian-made classic accessories (ties, hats, scarves, pocket squares, bags) and MTM goods (trousers and leather jackets). Personally, their beaver felt rollable hat is one of the most brilliantly simple, but most cherished things I own. Their essense is pure, and true equality is felt.

ch2_1.jpg
ch1_1.jpg

rabbit_hat.png
beaver_hat.png

Pulled from this GQ article:

{Agyesh, Designer for Stoffa}, "I started Stòffa by really just looking at materials I’d developed, like the hat felt, which was really easy to compact and re-shape. I made it at Isaia but it never felt right with the brand. The same with the scarves—the yarn was something I’d worked with for almost two years. Visually the idea that brought it all together was a color palette, and the idea of accessories being soft and travelable rather than stiff and formal."
ch1_2.jpg

madder-stir.gif
IMG_0012.jpg
ch4_5.jpg

The brand itself has one of the most innovative organizations in menswear today: direct to consumer e-commerce with a focus on customer experience via regular trunk shows for MTM jackets and trousers. Vertical integration allows control and value that would be impossible with traditional companies. Given Agyesh's background as product developer at Isaia, he knew what it was like to make a product based on reality authenticity regardless of time needed or high barriers of entry.

{Regarding Isaia et al,} ..."the idea I always played with was what if the founders of one of these more traditional companies had the ability to just erase the slate and start with new technologies. Its very difficult for any of them to embrace everything that’s happening with respect to technology; think about how connected our world is compared to when these brands launched. If they got a clean slate, I don’t think they’d be doing the things they’re doing right now."

I highly suggest that if you find yourself a fan of Eidos, Sartoria Formosa, Isaia, Rota, etc please go check out their beautiful website and products.

http://stoffa.co/

Also, @NickPollica , @dieworkwear et al, please keep this conversation going with your own input.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hats look great. Is there a big difference, practically speaking, between the beaver and rabbit?

diokanye

Reaction score
I honestly can't speak from experience with both, but I believe beaver is known to be more water resistant.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just emailed about an appointment next time I'm in NYC. I've thought everything looked fantastic for a year or so, but I didn't realize it was affordable (it sounds like pants, for instance, are ~$300) until just last week when that GQ article ran. Good thread :slayer:

diokanye

Reaction score
I just emailed about an appointment next time I'm in NYC. I've thought everything looked fantastic for a year or so, but I didn't realize it was affordable (it sounds like pants, for instance, are ~$300) until just last week when that GQ article ran. Good thread
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Any idea what you'd want to make up? Honestly, Ive been obsessed with the jackets myself

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been following them for some time now and their products look lovely, but I have no idea how to buy them.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trunk shows/appts only, I think, @aristoi bcn

I used their form the other day to ask about an appointment next time I'm in NYC. Hopefully they're pretty flexible on it.

edit: oh and the ecommerce on their website for accessories.

Last edited:

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Chas Knight you say you have the beaver hat, did you find the sizing method accurate? Any stretch after some wear?

diokanye

Reaction score

@Chas Knight you say you have the beaver hat, did you find the sizing method accurate? Any stretch after some wear?

I would say that they do stretch a little in the headband. But it's not nesssarily a bad thing. I can measure mine later today to see how much it has stretched

DouglasE

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Stoffa. I have one 002 jacket in cotton, some trousers and a pair of shorts. I'm very satisfied with both the quality, the style and the fit. And they are price worthy.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be great if those of you with Stoffa jackets, trousers, etc. could post some pics and additional thoughts about the process/garments. It seems there's just not a lot of info out there about Stoffa

cds

Reaction score
I typically don't post, but I have been working with this brand for the last year while they pass through NY. Overall, fantastic stuff. Trousers are nice. The coats are nice - I'm rather partial to the asymmetric coat and field jackets. Waiting for the latter to come out in wool (next trunk, I think), The bags are really beautiful stuff, but would be redundant for my needs for now. I will say they're quite light - different from a Loro and Frank Clegg bag I have.

I should put up pics of the trousers - I have a 1 year old worn in pair of his peached cotton in olive - the upper block is just about perfect - its MTM with some customizations. The construction is excellent and they feel like pajamas. This particular fabric takes time to drape softly, but it is cotton and not wool. Its at the level of Rota in terms of construction quality, but the waist sits a bit better for me.

The fabrics/leathers and colors are intelligent and modern - this is expected as his background is in materials. Service is first rate - all trunk shows for now and handled by the owner. Agyesh is a good guy who is working hard to build a proper brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads