• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick photo of the 004 i brown water repellent cotton. I prefer to wear it either unbuttoned or with both buttons buttoned, rarely with just one button.

Will try to get better pictures soon.

This really looks great, please do post more pics if you find the time.

DouglasE

Reaction score
Looks very promising indeed. Do you find it too cold to wear in sthlm currently? I know the water repellent isn’t a winter fabric per say, but I’m thinking it might just work with some layers under in the current weather?

This really looks great, please do post more pics if you find the time.

Thank you, I will try to most some more and better pictures.

I'd say that I can wear the coat if it is a few degrees plus. If wearing a jacket, scarf, shirt and sweater probably even in colder weather.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say that I can wear the coat if it is a few degrees plus. If wearing a jacket, scarf, shirt and sweater probably even in colder weather.
Sounds good. Any colder than that it'd make more sense to go with the wool coat anyway.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I will try to most some more and better pictures.

Really? Would not have thought so. Is there a lining?

Also this probably has been answeran already, but what exactly does 'Stoffa' mean (and in what language)? Is it just the Italian 'fabric' or is there more to it?

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Would not have thought so. Is there a lining?

Also this probably has been answeran already, but what exactly does 'Stoffa' mean (and in what language)? Is it just the Italian 'fabric' or is there more to it?

It means "the stuff things are made from", if I remember correctly.

elfton

Reaction score
Thanks to you guys I booked an appointment for the trunk show in Stockholm, very happy about that now. This was my first trunk show experience – not disappointed. Marcus Malmborg waited outside the showroom, was really nice and showed me the way in. Talked a little bit with Nick, the guy from Stòffa who took my measurements, about what I was looking for. Told him I'm mostly interested in the hats right now, but he was happy to show me the whole collection. Tried multiple jackets. The asymmetrical suede jacket will probably be a purchase in the future, or the field jacket.

I came for the hat and bought a hat. After trying on multiple and taking some advice from Nick the decision fell on a rabbit felt rollable anthracite grey. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Will definitely show up on future trunk shows, great experience.

Skärmavbild 2018-02-02 kl. 16.47.20.png

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to you guys I booked an appointment for the trunk show in Stockholm, very happy about that now. This was my first trunk show experience – not disappointed. Marcus Malmborg waited outside the showroom, was really nice and showed me the way in. Talked a little bit with Nick, the guy from Stòffa who took my measurements, about what I was looking for. Told him I'm mostly interested in the hats right now, but he was happy to show me the whole collection. Tried multiple jackets. The asymmetrical suede jacket will probably be a purchase in the future, or the field jacket.

I came for the hat and bought a hat. After trying on multiple and taking some advice from Nick the decision fell on a rabbit felt rollable anthracite grey. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Will definitely show up on future trunk shows, great experience.

View attachment 918846
Nice to hear Congrats, that hat sounds awesome.
I’m going tomorrow, been pondering a hat for some time now, who knows, tomorrow might be the day.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else struggle with not looking like Indiana Jones or Carmen San Diego when wearing Stoffa hats?
Ha! This has been my concern and the reason I’ve been hesitant of getting one, afraid it’d look costumey.
I did post a picture of myself wearing the hat at some point in this thread, airing those concerns. I basically got the answer that if I like it I should get it and enjoy it, people aren’t gonna care or stare at me in the street. This is 100% true, but I haven’t done it yet.

elfton

Reaction score
Anyone else struggle with not looking like Indiana Jones or Carmen San Diego when wearing Stoffa hats?

This was one of the reasons I didn’t go for the Forest Green or Chocolate Brown colors. It drew too much attention towards the hat, and I wasn’t comfortable with feeling like I had a whip tied to my trousers when going about in the city.

Maybe I’ll change my mind in the future, but for now it felt a lot better with a dark grey, subtle color.

JIMB

Reaction score
You're never going to get away from it completely, since people only have a handful of cultural references to compare to, just like everyone in a suit got compared to Mad Men for a while. I've found that wearing the brim all the way up or down, emphasizing the casual nature of the hat, help.

387E7DAF-95A0-4B40-B305-F6C52D32D918.jpeg

0C9E293E-E7CD-41F5-90A4-FBDC79F16BDC.png

655430FC-7DB1-4D6F-BA80-FE17C740BB07.png

konix

Reaction score
Will be in NYC in March so I'm trying to book a appointment with Agyesh and the team but so far no replies, anyone else not receiving a reply from them? I know they just finished the trunk show in Stockholm so I don't want to bombard them with e-mails.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're usually pretty quick to respond but I've been waiting a couple days, as well. I'd assume they're just travelling or especially busy. I'm not stressing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads