• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kalufsen

Reaction score
Love that overshirt. Are these the current trousers from collection 06?
Thank you! These trousers are probably two years old, I have my own pattern since 2016, therefore I rarely buy anything off the rack from Stoffa.

Last edited:

leapyourbar

Reaction score
That's still the best overshirt they've made, I really hope they bring it back.

Second this; I immediately went to the shop to see if this was available after seeing this. Great fit!

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've really increased the rate of new products releases, and I can't say I'm into all of them. Hopefully they're still taking enough time to test out and vet new products before launching them.

The ribbed popover doesn't really do much for me. I think it looks a bit awkward the way they style it with two buttons done up, but I suspect the collar doesn't stand up well on it's own when unbuttoned due to being cashmere.
Button Collar.JPG

The side button crew neck is a cool design, but seems like a bit of a gimmick if I'm being honest. I'd worry about the buttonholes stretching out overtime from the mechanical stress of being buttoned at the waist.
Side Button.JPG

I think the single breasted shirt jacket was a nice addition, though. The single button design and rounded quarters fit in well with their aesthetic. Definitely makes for a fun, casual suit along with matching trousers.
Shirt Jacket.JPG

Last edited:

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get what you mean. I really like some of the new stuff but I miss a lot of the old too. And with all these drops it feels like you have to act now or never really know if you can get a piece again, whereas before you could plan your purchases in a different way.

kristian2

Reaction score
What size of the RTW trousers, straight fit, would you all recommend for a 37” waist measurement and a 39” seat measurement?

upflup

Reaction score
What size of the RTW trousers, straight fit, would you all recommend for a 37” waist measurement and a 39” seat measurement?

I have a ~35/36" waist with a 42" seat and I really like how the 52 fits me. There's a bit of room in the waist that can be taken in but the side tabs or belt loops make it unnecessary.

kristian2

Reaction score
My mistake, I mistyped--best fit for a 31" waist and 39" seat. Thank you!

botzzz

Reaction score
I tried on the side button crew neck sweater and think the online images don't do it justice. While it might be true that the button holes might wear over time, my guess is that people will leave however many they want unbuttoned and put it on over their head like a regular sweater. To me its a way to create a different drape in the body of the sweater below the chest, more open buttons for more drape/drama, less to just note its a cool detail, or none at all and its a regular crew neck sweater

also totally agree on the single breasted shirt jacket, am hoping there will be some interesting linen options for spring/summer

They've really increased the rate of new products releases, and I can't say I'm into all of them. Hopefully they're still taking enough time to test out and vet new products before launching them.

The ribbed popover doesn't really do much for me. I think it looks a bit awkward the way they style it with two buttons done up, but I suspect the collar doesn't stand up well on it's own when unbuttoned due to being cashmere.
View attachment 1840555

The side button crew neck is a cool design, but seems like a bit of a gimmick if I'm being honest. I'd worry about the buttonholes stretching out overtime from the mechanical stress of being buttoned at the waist.
View attachment 1840556

I think the single breasted shirt jacket was a nice addition, though. The single button design and rounded quarters fit in well with their aesthetic. Definitely makes for a fun, casual suit along with matching trousers.
View attachment 1840558

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads