• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No - Sorry, should've clarified that 2nd part of my post is from Stoffa site.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only caught that Mr. Porter was stocking Stoffa and had it as part of the Black Friday sale at the 11th hour, but managed to pick up two pair of trousers to try.

What Stoffa stock did I miss out on?
I highly recommend that you give their NYC showroom a visit. Try things on and talk to Agyesh. They have a few fabrics and a very dark navy plonge leather option only available upon request.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend that you give their NYC showroom a visit. Try things on and talk to Agyesh. They have a few fabrics and a very dark navy plonge leather option only available upon request.

I may just do so if these trousers work out. I went there last year and got measured up for a pair, but apprehension kept me from placing an order. Good thing, too, as I've gained the equivalent of a small child in weight since then.

Between weight volatility, fear of shrinkage and my net-negative experiences with MTM, it makes their value proposition less relevant to me. But I like their aesthetic and so RTW is right up my alley, especially at a discount and in larger sizes.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. I think most in this thread probably share a bias toward inchoate brands and being in at the ground floor. For me, it seems that all brands inevitably scale and take a hit in quality and appeal.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. I think most in this thread probably share a bias toward inchoate brands and being in at the ground floor. For me, it seems that all brands inevitably scale and take a hit in quality and appeal.
I don't think everyone dreams of scaling up and going big, but as you say to some extent it's unavoidable.
So far, what Stòffa has done as a business makes a lot of sense, and I'm really happy to see them grow. But I'm only human and not having the choice of choosing any fabric for any garment at any time of the year, wakes the grumpy man inside me.
But I'll always prefer them to prosper and stay in business than the opposite, so it is what it is. Can't please everyone anyway.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone handled a garment in this silk noil fabric? If so, how do you feel about this fabric being used for a sport coat (prob different color, but curious regarding the other qualities -- sheen, texture, weight, etc)

SH004_IceBlueLoungeJacket_1c_900x.jpeg
unnamed.jpeg

cds

Reaction score
Has anyone handled a garment in this silk noil fabric? If so, how do you feel about this fabric being used for a sport coat (prob different color, but curious regarding the other qualities -- sheen, texture, weight, etc)

View attachment 1712868 View attachment 1712867
I tried this on at the showroom, and did not purchase bc of the color - regret missing it though.

Nick also had a well worn piece and we were able to compare it to the newly constructed ones. The fabric itself had a faint sheen, generally soft hand, and felt beautiful on. Decent drape, bit better than a heavier weight linen, but it didn't stand off the skin in the same way. Warmer than expected, but loose weave kept it comfortable. The older piece held up well with some fading, less of a sheen, and was even softer on the skin.

ezev

Reaction score
Anthracite flight jacket arrived last week. Love this thing. Didn't end up choosing the shearling collar because it's really not my style. Given the drop in temps, I've mostly been wearing it over a t shirt or sweater with an overcoat or rain jacket on top.

For sizing, I went with a 54 (normally a 52) and the body length of a 56. Team nailed the fit as usual. Sleeves are longer than what they are on the model shots but works for me.

Contrary to common advice, I like it fully zipped :D

Attachments

• 1EC8501A-FC1E-43EB-9A25-80619D687B2B.jpeg
    1EC8501A-FC1E-43EB-9A25-80619D687B2B.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 24942689-3391-41D7-B020-A415D812C4B4.jpeg
    24942689-3391-41D7-B020-A415D812C4B4.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

biabia

Reaction score
Anyone know if Stòffa is still doing trunk shows? I am interested in a chocolate plongé leather flight jacket and would like to try it in-person before committing.

My interest in Stòffa started recently so I do not know if trunk shows are still a regular event, and their schedule page directs to a page about their showroom. I tried their contact form recently but have not heard back, though I may have to wait a bit more for a response.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I spoke to them, no trunks were planned this year. The way new covid strains are spreading I doubt that’ll change soon, sadly.

Samer

Reaction score
Some pieces - including outerwear - on sale at Mr. Porter. Ne dort pas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads