• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment for a flight jacket on Saturday, crowd sourcing thoughts on colors. I already have a lighter brown suede jacket so was leaning towards anthracite or mid grey suede. Any thoughts?
Both of those are nice, but I guess it depends on what colors you usually wear. I’d go for navy personally.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment for a flight jacket on Saturday, crowd sourcing thoughts on colors. I already have a lighter brown suede jacket so was leaning towards anthracite or mid grey suede. Any thoughts?

I'm curious ezev, how would you be able to order a color outside of the seasonal selection? For example, if you did decide on navy suede and navy suede was not a part of Autumn collection, would you even be able to get it?

ezev

Reaction score
I'm curious ezev, how would you be able to order a color outside of the seasonal selection? For example, if you did decide on navy suede and navy suede was not a part of Autumn collection, would you even be able to get it?

Previous MTM customers have access to a few additional colors that aren't in the general seasonal releases. They talked about this in one of their IG videos when they released their first collection (Spring?).

I dug back into their instagram and found some of the older pictures of the anthracite gray suede, think I'm heading that way. I do love the hue of the navy though.
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 11.22.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 11.23.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 11.23.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 11.24.40 AM.png

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a solid choice, and will work with a lot of different things.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks ezev. I am a previous customer but I was just under the assumption that everyone's availability was locked into whatever they are offering at season.

ahtynes

Reaction score
Ok, thanks ezev. I am a previous customer but I was just under the assumption that everyone's availability was locked into whatever they are offering at season.

It actually is, per my conversations with them this summer. You can ordinarily log into your account on the website and select "order swatches" from your account page to get the list of available fabrics for a season. They're still transitioning from fall to winter so it's not clear what's on tap for the next few months, but you might be able to email if you have something specific in mind. But you definitely don't have your pick of any cloth they've run--for example, I don't think you can order anything linen right now.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really love the idea of dark grey suede, but navy would of course be more versatile.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely anthracite over mid grey for a jacket, I think.

I kind of want one in taupe, but I imagine it will show dirt and wear pretty fast.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would be more adventurous? Taupe?

I’ve been putting off an order because my first instinct was to go with brown or navy suede flight jacket and while they will go with anything, i don’t get as excited seeing pics of them versus the pics of taupe. I think I’ve also seen a light sand color that I liked but taupe would pair with my wardrobe better.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What would be more adventurous? Taupe?

I’ve been putting off an order because my first instinct was to go with brown or navy suede flight jacket and while they will go with anything, i don’t get as excited seeing pics of them versus the pics of taupe. I think I’ve also seen a light sand color that I liked but taupe would pair with my wardrobe better.

I'm not sure. A friend of mine bought the asymmetric zip jacket in grey suede (I think it's the anthracite suede pictured above). I think it looks good on him and his choice is better than mine. But he also went for a more adventurous model in addition to color.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Whichever color you go for, I’d recommend adding the shearling option. That really gives the jacket some additional styling options.

Do you know if that can be ordered afterwards? Is it something that can be added and removed at will?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know if that can be ordered afterwards? Is it something that can be added and removed at will?
The shearling itself is a $150 add on, and it's removable, but I believe you have to opt for at the time of the orders, as they add a zipper at the inside of the collar to which it attaches.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
The shearling itself is a $150 add on, and it's removable, but I believe you have to opt for at the time of the orders, as they add a zipper at the inside of the collar to which it attaches.
I see, thanks.
I will contact them to see how and if it can be done.
Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads