• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I want that garment or is that man just ridiculously good looking?

Who doesn’t want to be this guy? But will my DB shirt jacket be perfectly flowing at all times, like it was just hit by a gust of wind that was just right?

I do love the concept of this jacket though.

1617856320716.png

nbymidwest

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the long coat worn by Ms. Cofield is in the Perspectives campaign? Looks like a couple different colors. It's not the Asymmetric.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a Facebook ad for Stoffa. I have to say, that feels a bit off-brand for them

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen sponsored instagram posts for a short while, a while back. But I'm fairly certain what you're seeing on facebook is targeted ads via cookies or something.
I agree it feels off-brand if real though.

dwiz

Reaction score
I got some too, didn't bother me. They gotta make some money too! And it's working, a friend of mine randomly sent me a link to the drawstring pants this morning saying, "wow these are fantastic! Do you know this company?" I'm all about Stoffa hitting their marks and growing. With their shift in release patterns I'm not surprised with a marketing shift as well.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM is nice but it doesn’t seem to be a scalable business model, and especially difficult in a pandemic. And with RTW and online stores comes advertisements. Good work on their part. But yes, it does detract from the sense of exclusivity, but that was never going to last.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sure, they are a business and need to make money. I think there will always be some friction inherent in the idea of a clothing company that presents itself as "sustainable" in some way.
I think I also just associate that type of advertisement with more down-market RTW brands, but that's just me.

At the end of the day I'm rooting for them, of course

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clothing is like music, film etc in that it’s a commercial product but also can have artistic and ethical qualities and ambitions, and sometimes these conflict. It’s a difficult balance, I imagine.

upflup

Reaction score
I can respect them taking steps to make some sales through a tough year as long as they provide their same level of quality and design. I will draw the line if I see Edition 004 on the hood of a Nascar car, however.

garigo

Reaction score
Anyone here that owns outerwear in the wool silk basketweave and can comment on how they like it? I'm particularly interested in the shirt jacket for when the fabric comes back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics