• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ezev

Reaction score
i can’t say for certain but I wouldn’t anticipate many MTO products to be part of an ARCHIVE sale. That said, I’m sure there will be interesting pieces.

wasn’t hoping for this in the archive sale, just wanted to order per normal MTO.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wasn’t hoping for this in the archive sale, just wanted to order per normal MTO.
Let me know what you find out. I've been wondering the same regarding sizing those pieces

paris94

Reaction score
Got ya. My experience is the sizing is fairly consistent with Italian sizing. I typically wear a 48 and that's what I ordered here. If you want to polos to be a bit more drapey, size one up. My experience with the new knitwear is just the polos and shirts, not the heavier gauge pieces.

ezev

Reaction score
Got ya. My experience is the sizing is fairly consistent with Italian sizing. I typically wear a 48 and that's what I ordered here. If you want to polos to be a bit more drapey, size one up. My experience with the new knitwear is just the polos and shirts, not the heavier gauge pieces.

Any pictures of the sweater shirt if you have it? Was planning on sizing up on this one to a 54 for the drape.

paris94

Reaction score
Any pictures of the sweater shirt if you have it? Was planning on sizing up on this one to a 54 for the drape.

Did not buy the shirt version, sorry. I went with a couple of the polos first and will try the button-up at some point. I would reach out to the team for fit questions, they're super helpful and knowledgable of how their garments wear.

garigo

Reaction score
I'm curious, basketweave or peached: what's your preference for cotton trousers?

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, basketweave or peached: what's your preference for cotton trousers?

It depends on what you are looking for in terms of heat retention, structure, etc. I suggest consulting with the stoffa team, they are really helpful. I prefer the basketweave for the texture and they are more structured.

garigo

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually already own a pair of each, and I like them a lot! I wanted to get a general impression as I am considering which ones to prioritize going forward.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My vote goes to the basketweave. They keep a better crease and shape than the peached. And the washable option is a nice addition too. They are noticeably softer than regular basketweaves to me, making them even comfier than the already very soft and comfy peached in my opinion.
They sort of fade a bit like denim which you will either like or dislike, I guess.

ezev

Reaction score
Never tried the peached cotton but own 3 pairs of basketweave. It has been a fantastic 3 season pant for me, and I enjoy how it fades/ages.
When I was travelling often, I would bring at least 1 pair in my suitcase and they’ve held up well.

Samer

Reaction score
For those interested in the archive sale I recommend signing up for the Throwing Fits patreon, which is offering early access. There's a bit of everything, but the good stuff is going quickly. Suede jackets for $600 type vibes.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The prices are shockingly good. TBH, I thought they would be much higher. Throwing Fits people have already cleared out a lot of stock. I recommend thinking about what you want to buy in advance and then just using the filters to find your size and item. Look at the measurements already given on the site and think about the preferred material/color.

diokanye

Reaction score
Holy **** I had no idea the TF hookup. Not a patreon but just got on the snag an asymmetrical jkt. ******* hell I'm stoked. Thanks Die for the tip (not the first time too hah)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads