• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Konnor

Reaction score
I'm a fairly solid 48 (38 US) and opted for a 50 in the new knitwear. The 48 fit me fine but the 50 draped just a little more, which was my preference. Their customer service is great, so I'm sure you could get a recommendation directly from the source if you provide measurements.
Thanks for the help! That is a bit how I want it to fit. I'll have to reach out to them.

ezev

Reaction score
To add a data point for washing the knitwear. I recently purchased 2 spread collar shirts but have been steam cleaning after intermittent wears.

I washed them on the coldest setting my washing machine offers, less than 30c, on a rinse only cycle. Took them out and tried them both on immediately. Sleeve length and back length were the most noticeable shrinkage areas right out of the washer.

I laid them flat and steamed them both and gave a gentle reshaping while they were damp. They are almost the same prewash. Slight sleeve shrinkage but pre wash they were baggy at the cuffs. Lost a tad bit of length as well but again, pre shrinkage, the shirt was quite oversized. I'm talking 1-3cm max in these areas. Chest measurement didn't change.

This is probably a lot of maintenance for a pique shirt I realize, but your time is your time.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is what they told me last time too. Basically if you don’t do anything to it, it can be closer to 5% even, but with an iron or some steam, it’s mostly brought back to its original shape, minus 1-2%.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the piqué tee I bought shrank a crazy amount with a cold wash and hang dry. Too bad they can't prewash the fabric.
I'd like to get one of the shirts at some point but will probably do it mtm and lengthen it to account for the shrinkage. I'm not up for that amount of work each time I wash it

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a couple weeks of hemming and hawing i went in on the darker kantha pants and jacket. Excited to see how these come out.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I know they don’t offer this at all. Proprietary fabrics for their products only.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck buying lengths of fabric from Stoffa? Keen to have my tailor make a jacket to match one of their trouser fabrics..

I asked and I got the same response.
Given the current situation it would make sense to allow this and would allow them to generate some sales but I understand if they want to keep their clothes for their tailoring offering.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given Agyesh and Nicks’s background I’ve been patiently waiting for tailored jackets and will keep waiting. Will they ever show? Who knows, but here’s hoping.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked and I got the same response.
Given the current situation it would make sense to allow this and would allow them to generate some sales but I understand if they want to keep their clothes for their tailoring offering.
Indeed I just received the same response. Although for some reason I thought the basket weave cotton was a spring/summer fabric, not 18oz winter fabric as Stoffa just advised. I’ll try to find something similar to the taupe basket weave from another mill

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a shirt and the new washable trousers in taupe yesterday.

Compared to the previous basketweave I’ve tried from them, these feel a lot softer and a bit more dense, very comfortable to wear. After one full day of sitting in the office they still have a crease (albeit softened up) which I think is good for cotton.

As I’ve put on a few kg since measurements they could stand to be let out a tad, but after one day of wear they’ve softened up and shaped a bit better around my waist and seat. Will hold of any alterations until they’ve been washed.
0683C33D-ACFC-4178-B774-5250335AA149.jpeg 2D587DAE-FF23-458A-8CD1-B97B7387B802.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey there, for people with the washable single pleat trousers, how accurate did you find the sizing charts and do you recommend sizing up to account for shrinkage?
This was the suggestion I got from Stoffa, but this was when they first released them and I’m just wondering if this still stands now that some pairs are hopefully out there in the wild with some wear and washing.
thanks!

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are mtm but I should still be able to tell you how much the fit/size changed.
I haven’t washed mine yet, but they’re not noticeably sized up. So let’s see how things progress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads