• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any pictures of them after some use?
I second this. I'd like to know how the leather patinates. Maybe I'll email their customer service and see if they have any pics if no one on here has an example

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only attest to seeing their personal ones and they’ve aged very well. The leather doesn’t really show patina as brown would as far as I can remember though.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

They're great, lightweight summer pants IMO
Would you mind sharing what socks you're wearing here. I've got those shoes and similar colour trousers, but never know what socks to wear! I've tried lighter colours and no-show but it just doesn't look right...

JIMB

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing what socks you're wearing here. I've got those shoes and similar colour trousers, but never know what socks to wear! I've tried lighter colours and no-show but it just doesn't look right...

Thank you. They are Viccel Cable Knitted Forest Green Wool Silk Socks. They are comfortable and quite long (even for over-the-calf). Uniqlo actually has a very similar color in cotton that I like as well; mid-calf but more durable than the wool/silk.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoffa customer service was gracious enough to send me these pics of a portfolio with some wear. This is after 3 years of daily use:
Patina1.jpg

Patina2.jpg

Patina3.jpg

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's beautiful patina, more than I've seen live. I really feel the need for a daily bag that's not a folio, and I think the 002 would fit the bill perfectly. I just need to get over the notion that it sort of looks like a lady's handbag. Much like their hats, they seem to look better on others.
bag3.jpg bag2.jpg bag1.jpg

diokanye

Reaction score
Any of you guys pick up any of the vintage Persols? Would love to see how they look in real life

hughmo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope all is well. Newbie to both the forum and the brand! Lurked on a few pages and have noticed some chatter over the 2 ply taupe wool pants. I didn't notice those on the site -- would those be something you have to make MTM and in-store?

I have an appointment this Thursday and I'm looking for any suggestions on what trousers would be a great place to start with the brand. As mentioned by someone else, the colors are all great so I'm just a little lost as far as what material I should be looking for and any other specific requests on rise/turn up height/etc. Mostly interested in adding a summery fabric trouser that can pair well not only with classic menswear, but any casual outfit to my wardrobe.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope all is well. Newbie to both the forum and the brand! Lurked on a few pages and have noticed some chatter over the 2 ply taupe wool pants. I didn't notice those on the site -- would those be something you have to make MTM and in-store?

I have an appointment this Thursday and I'm looking for any suggestions on what trousers would be a great place to start with the brand. As mentioned by someone else, the colors are all great so I'm just a little lost as far as what material I should be looking for and any other specific requests on rise/turn up height/etc. Mostly interested in adding a summery fabric trouser that can pair well not only with classic menswear, but any casual outfit to my wardrobe.

I don't know all the fabrics they offer, but I'm happy with the peached cotton I choose. I think it works for the purposes you mentioned, although maybe not in the absolute dead heat of summer. I do wear mine in the summer though.

clt3

Reaction score

I have a linen, water-repellent cotton, and the grey 3-ply wool. The linen and wool ones are nice and breezy and are pretty great for hot weather. I also like the water-repellent cotton for hot days as the fabric is cool to the touch and it feels nice on the skin. Honestly though, you can just probably just talk to the guys at Stoffa during your appointment and they can help you out. They give great advice and I liked my experience.

ezev

Reaction score

When I had my first appointment, the default rise was bottom of the waistband sitting on top of the hip bone. I think from there you can adjust based on what you are more comfortable with, but this worked well for all of my pairs so far.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their offering changes somewhat throughout the seasons, some colors and materials are seasonal, some aren't available anymore. Last time I checked, the offering for summer wool was undyed, so beige/oatmeal-ish, and a few hues of grey. At the appointment they will show you swatches and samples of available cloth. You should be able to get a pdf with current fabric and color offerings via email from their customer service if you want a bit more to go on.

Here's a rundown and my views on the ones I've tried

ProConSuitable for
BasketBreezy, keeps a good crease for cotton, quite hefty so hangs well, nice texture. A bit more fragile than other cottons if snagged on something. Spotcleaning can be harder due to texture (but usually no issue)All year
PeachedSuper soft and comfy, feels like a sweatpantDoesn't hold a crease well, wears quite warm Spring, fall and winter
Cav.TwillThe closest feel to a regular chino, but much softer. I find them less warm than peached, but that could be my imagination.Doesn't hold a crease wellAll year
Water.RepVery cool wearing for being a treated fabric, easy to keep clean thanks to the reppelent features. Keeps a crease very well.Can look slightly dull to me in other colors than neutrals like sand and bone. Again, personal preference. All year (maybe not super hot summer)
FlannelAmazing lustre and drape. Feels unique to the market. Holds a crease very well.Doesn't wear as warm as you might think on really cool winter days.Spring, fall and winter
CordsHolds a crease very well for a corduroy, very nice body and feel.Bags over time (but then again all cords do)Spring, fall and winter
LinenHolds a crease very well for a linen, softens up and molds to your body over time. Even when worn in the office all day, it comes out a bit rumpled but still with a crease, rather than looking like an accordion.Not great for spot cleaning, picks up water marksSpring, summer

"Summery fabric" is kind of dependent on where you live and how warm you get as a person. I'm in Stockholm, we currently have 19C/66F so not that hot for high summer, whereas NYC is probably hot and humid.

As already mentioned by others, talk to them about what you want, they are the experts and will recommend something good for sure. As for styling, rise, turn ups etc they'll have nice recommendations too, and I'm sure you can find a few different options in their samples. Just go with what you like.

hughmo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thought I might report back on my appointment. Nick was very friendly and we were able to nail down what I was looking for fairly quickly. I ended up going with the 3ply wool in the anthracite color, single pleat, side adjuster, no taper (for the wardrobe I have it's not very classic menswear day to day so I wear boots a lot and clunkier outsoles), and no cuff. We left the rise to the in-house default. Excited to get these in! I think next I will try the basketweave cotton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads