• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Stoffa do any further alterations after the garment has been delivered, or is that up to you to deal with and pay for?

As far as I know, based on my own experience, any alterations needed are included, but I'd contact them rahter than taking my word for it.

tsung

Reaction score
Does Stoffa do any further alterations after the garment has been delivered, or is that up to you to deal with and pay for?
I was offered free alterations when i went to pick up my first shipment. Do note that alterations were needed due to my weight loss (about one inch off my waist and slimmed down the thighs) and not because there was a mistake in the manufacturing process. Customer service was excellent, I would have gladly paid for the alterations but Agyesh was kind enough to inform me that it was free as he wants me to get my fit correct.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was offered free alterations when i went to pick up my first shipment. Do note that alterations were needed due to my weight loss (about one inch off my waist and slimmed down the thighs) and not because there was a mistake in the manufacturing process. Customer service was excellent, I would have gladly paid for the alterations but Agyesh was kind enough to inform me that it was free as he wants me to get my fit correct.

Excellent. All of my MTM-suppliers have always corrected anything that I have requested, but there has been some variation in the enthusiasm with which they have searched for, found and corrected deficiencies of their own volition. One reputable menswear store greatly disappointed me when I had to find and point out everything myself, which should really be their role as experts. This lead to me never going back and finding another firm which had the opposite approach, i.e. never letting customers leave with anything that would reflect poorly on their brand.

It's very positive that Stoffa takes this approach, and I hope to purchase at least a pair of trousers this fall.

Last edited:

emiristol

Reaction score
I inquired about the polos and sweaters when Agyesh was in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago, and was told that the polos and sweaters I see at the trunk show are all samples he is testing out. Too bad he was very vague about when he would release the new products because I would have ordered some on the spot.

I would also encourage for those interested in Stoffa to check out the trunk shows, the fabrics are even more amazing in person.

FWIW, I recall asking about the polos back in November '15 during my first trunk show with them as well; he also said they were samples but that they always prototype stuff for at least 2 years before actual release. Since at the time I think I'd already been seeing their polos in photos for awhile, I'd say that release might be realistically expected sometime this year (maybe). Keep in mind this is a complete guess.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can vouch for that, having gained weight in between trunk shows, he kindly asked to keep the trousers until the next trunk show to make some slight alterations to get me a perfect fit.

tsung

Reaction score
I've been wearing the flannel trousers in sand for about 5 weeks now, and while flannel season is coming to an end, I highly recommend it. It holds it's shape and creases superbly and keeps you warm while being airy and lightweight.
The flannel fabrics are excellent. Too bad I live in Los Angeles so I went with the lighter fabrics. Already received the basket weave winter white cotton, as well as a pair of wool trouser in pearl grey. The construction of the pants is quite excellent I might add, I would put it on par as the rotas I own.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The flannel fabrics are excellent. Too bad I live in Los Angeles so I went with the lighter fabrics. Already received the basket weave winter white cotton, as well as a pair of wool trouser in pearl grey. The construction of the pants is quite excellent I might add, I would put it on par as the rotas I own. 

Nice
1f44d-1f3fc.png
, I'm looking to order the winter whites next time, and possibly also the brown basket weave.

JIMB

Reaction score
Reminder for folks to check out the new Trunk show times. They're in SF next week.

Othello

Reaction score
Wow I'm really coveting that suede flight jacket, was after this Gucci one but not paying 3.4k after coming across Stoffa, here's some pics from his Instagram

Gucci Bomber/Harrington/Flight jacket

Does Agyesh have any plans for RTW or E-commerce as far as jackets? I live in timbuktu don't frequent the cities where the trunk shows are
ffffuuuu.gif

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wow I'm really coveting that suede flight jacket, was after this Gucci one but not paying 3.4k after coming across Stoffa, here's some pics from his Instagram Gucci Bomber/Harrington/Flight jacket Does Agyesh have any plans for RTW or E-commerce as far as jackets? I live in timbuktu don't frequent the cities where the trunk shows are :fu:
I don't think so - goes against his business model. He strives to waste nothing and thus only wants produce what people will actually wear.

Othello

Reaction score
I don't think so - goes against his business model. He strives to waste nothing and thus only wants produce what people will actually wear.

Interesting approach, I can respect that -may have to make the trek to a show someday!

dng992

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but anyone have recommendations on other style of jackets/companies with flagship models of interest - obviously you have valstar(slowly leaning away from wanting to purchase the bomber now), and ragosta eidos (again i've seen versions which make me want it and others pretty hideous). Any others?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I guess that depends on what you're looking for? Loro Piana har their iconic models, Barbour has theirs, Gloverall, Baracuda etc.

Last edited:

dng992

Reaction score
Well I guess that depends on what you're looking for? Loro Piana har their iconic models, Barbour has theirs, Gloverall, Baracuda etc.
Yeah I'm aware of barbour/baracuda and aware you can make most jackets work with 'tailoring' but personally from what ive seen havent liked it with those barbour/baracuda brands. LP i expect to be vastly pricey for a RTW garment - what models were you thinking of?

Hence why I think stoffa has got it spot on witht he mtm/stylistic

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware of barbour/baracuda and aware you can make most jackets work with 'tailoring' but personally from what ive seen havent liked it with those barbour/baracuda brands. LP i expect to be vastly pricey for a RTW garment - what models were you thinking of?

Hence why I think stoffa has got it spot on witht he mtm/stylistic

Thinking mainly of the traveller and the roadster. But I agree, price point is very high, and I personally choose Stòffa before any of the brands I suggested, but since I wasn't sure what you were looking for, just thought I'd throw them in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads