1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Stoffa Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chas Knight, Sep 16, 2016.

1. paris94

paris94 Well-Known Member

New NYC studio/showroom is awesome. Went over today for a fitting and, as always, had a great time with Agyesh & Nick. Some of the best in the biz.

2. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

That’s awesome, wish I had that kind of access. Probably good for my wallet I don’t though :laugh:

3. ClinkingThearly

ClinkingThearly Senior Member

Does anyone have any of the jackets in linen? About to order a flight in linen but can’t decide on lined or unlined...

I live in the UK where we don’t often get the best weather, but also buying to wear abroad etc

4. ClinkingThearly

You’d just move into the showroom :lol:

5. joacimbylehn

:-D

6. ezev

ezev Well-Known Member

Booked my appointment for London in May, I think I'm unsure on a flannel pair based on durability, I tend to be quite hard wearing on pants for some reason. 2 pairs in peached cotton will get me started on the right foot. Where would the peached cottons rank in terms of formality?

7. paris94

paris94 Well-Known Member

I do...I have the lined flight jacket in Sand Linen. I live in the North East and find it perfect for Spring, early Summer and Fall. The lining adds a bit more substantial feel to the jacket, so for where I live it's not practical for peak of summer or hot/humid climates.

8. joacimbylehn

Well it all depends on your definition of formal. I'd say they're few steps up from chinos, but probably not as formal as a proper, non fuzzy, sharp creased cotton trousers so to speak. You can definitely wear them with jackets but they might be easier with knitwear. All in the eye of the beholder of course.
    Here you have some examples of peached cotton worn with tailoring, so quite formal in todays day and age.
    1, 2 & 3.

9. ClinkingThearly

That’s really helpful thank you. Based on what you’ve said I think I’ll get the most wear out of it by going for the lined option

10. JIMB

JIMB Senior Member

I have found the flannels hold up fairly well. I have the dove grey which I've worn maybe 2 times a week for 3-4 seasons. I wear them fairly hard (large thighs and cycling to work 4 miles a day).

I've found the peached cotton right in the middle, just dressier than chinos because of the cut, but not as formal as wool since they don't hold a crease for more than a day or two. I was wearing the green in the recent polo Friday challenge for reference.

11. joacimbylehn

12. ezev

ezev Well-Known Member

These look fantastic and pretty spot on to my normal level of casualness at work and socially. Thanks for the tag!