1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Stoffa Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chas Knight, Sep 16, 2016.

1. kalufsen

kalufsen Well-Known Member

Dry Clean only.

2. ClinkingThearly

ClinkingThearly Well-Known Member

Might be the lighting.. winter white in cotton basket weave.
    We pinned them and Agyesh updated my profile and gave me instructions to pass onto the tailor so hopefully it will be okay!

3. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

Ah ok, yeah lighting fooled me a bit. Great choice though!
    Cool, in that case there should be no problems.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

these look incredible!

where is their showroom?

5. ClinkingThearly

Thank you! I am really pleased with them.

I have to wait until they come to London generally which is about every 4-6 weeks and book an appointment. I think they may have a showroom in NY?

Stòffa Pop-Up Shop
    251 Elizabeth Street
    New York, NY 10012

6. paris94

paris94 Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know if others wear their felt hats through the summer? For those who switch over to a lighter weight hat, what have you found that has a similar design aesthetic as the Stoffa model?

7. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

I know the photographer Glen Allsop does but always seemed a bit crazy to me. This is essentially the summer version of the Stoffa rollable felt hat.

8. paris94

Yah, I noticed Glen seems to look good in that hat no matter the season. Thanks for the link to NMWA, I actually bought that hat a few weeks back and enjoy it. I wish the brim had a little bit more structure to it, to hold it's shape, but I suppose that's the trade-off for an easy wearing summer hat.

9. ClinkingThearly

Has anyone found a decent maker of polos such as the ones Stoffa seem to use for their studio and on location photography?

They sometimes use polos or knitwear, I emailed them to enquire but they said they were just one of pieces they made for the purpose of the editorial, so whilst it may be in their range in future it isn’t currently.

I’ve been looking for some nice neutral polos, closest I found was Berg&Berg but the order I placed had actually sold out.

Thanks

10. cp3

cp3 Senior Member

Berg&Berg seems to stock polos every season now, though the one piece collars might not be stocked again until next spring.

If you're looking for knit open collar/one piece; Suitsupply, G Inglese (check out NMWA), Orlebar Brown, Luca Faloni and Camoshita.

Other polos that mesh well with Stoffa: Luca Avitabile, Permanent Style's Friday polos (made by Luca Avitabile), Eidos, The Rake's stock, Ring Jacket and The Armoury.

11. paris94

I've been really happy with the new Christian Kimber polos as well as Berg & Berg, Luca Avitabile and Eidos (if you can get the sizing right).

12. ClinkingThearly

That's great thank you, I will check those out.

I actually have the Clae one piece polo in green/olive by Berg&Berg but I was thinking more of the knit polos, all the short sleeved ones sold out and they won't be having anymore for F/W. I will certainly check the others out.

I've often seen things I'd like on NMWA but I am UK based and the customs charges always put me off :(

13. ClinkingThearly

Hey,
    Thank you that is great I will check those out. Do you have any of the knit Berg&Berg polos? Just wondering what they are like size wise as I may end up ordering a long sleeved one as in the UK summer will be over before you know it, although it is historically hot here at the moment :)

14. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

Cos has things that look nearly identical.

15. ClinkingThearly

Thanks, had a quick look. Some of them I would consider but the collars seem too small for my liking, there are a few stores near me though so I might go in and check a few out