• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have the same colour but in the field jacket.....what colour shoes do you normally wear this with?

I dont want to be matchy and matchy so kinda rules out some of my dark brown suede shoes and I was told lighter shade browns will not work given the dark brown jacket is so dark????
I wear it with dark brown suede all the time and it doesn’t look to matchy. Taupe or grey suede works well too. White sneakers if you want to dress it down.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume you mean at cost.

Even $2,300 per year per household on average seems very high.
per household 2.3k is high? things add up quickly, and credit cards help.

thinking of the average 4 family household, I figure that it is easy to spend $650 per person annually (sneakers, boots, jeans, shirts, outerwear, underwear, socks, not even including dress clothes)

OliverM

Reaction score
I know that the Stoffa rise is medium-high - but does anyone know if they are open to doing a lower rise (more low/medium)?

OliverM

Reaction score
They do whatever rise you like?
Thanks! I asked as I was under the impression they are selling quite a distinct look/style - and therefore wasn't sure how open they would be to changes away from this. Helpful to know that they do. I think a high rise looks great on shorter men, but I'm a gangly freak, and I don't think it works so well for me.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
Ordered my first pair of trousers last week! I ordered the cotton basket weave in winter white.
I’ve got the swatch PDF now and went to review the colour again, I’m sure In person they didn’t look as white and more of an off white but maybe I was thinking of the sand colour, I am worried I ordered the wrong colour now!

Does anyone have any experience with winter white vs sand?

Planning on ordering a flight jacket when I go to collect, finance budget dependant haha :)

cp3

Reaction score
Ordered my first pair of trousers last week! I ordered the cotton basket weave in winter white.
I’ve got the swatch PDF now and went to review the colour again, I’m sure In person they didn’t look as white and more of an off white but maybe I was thinking of the sand colour, I am worried I ordered the wrong colour now!

Planning on ordering a flight jacket when I go to collect, finance budget dependant haha :)
Hopefully these shots from the pop-up assuage your concerns. 2nd shot is probably best.

Nice choice, surprisingly versatile because of the weave/color combo. I'd like to see them add a true stone option.

IMG_5387.jpg IMG_5388.jpg

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The winter white is a very nice shade of off white. It's not clinical, optic white, but still white rather than sand/beige for sure. Keep in mind colors can look different depending on your screen calibration.
Have a look at this instagram pic, they're all Stòffa basket weave in winter white, sand, taupe and brown.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
The winter white is a very nice shade of off white. It's not clinical, optic white, but still white rather than sand/beige for sure. Keep in mind colors can look different depending on your screen calibration.
Have a look at this instagram pic, they're all Stòffa basket weave in winter white, sand, taupe and brown.

Thank you that’s great. I do follow that particular account but had missed that post, excellent comparison.

I was worried they would be stark white but the colour looks great.

I had considered the calibration, I actually viewed them on my phone which isn’t the best colour representation so will check my monitor later.

Thank you sir

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I have broad shoulders and a slim waist, usually a 50-52 for the shoulders and 48 for the waist so it might work then. Have been drooling over the flight jacket for so long so would really be bummed if It doesn’t look good

Still a relative amateur here as far as Stoffa goes but here is a picture from the Trunk Show, of course not mtm but this will be my next order but in a suede I think.

Also apologies for the exposure, phone doesn’t deal well with mirrors and sky in the background etc

Also for ref I am about 5” 11 38” chest and 31/32” trousers. Not sure what that translate to in EU sizing

But hope it may help

B12D323C-89EF-49E9-8EC9-2E7332A57BCD.jpeg

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you that’s great. I do follow that particular account but had missed that post, excellent comparison.

I was worried they would be stark white but the colour looks great.

I had considered the calibration, I actually viewed them on my phone which isn’t the best colour representation so will check my monitor later.

Thank you sir
I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I have the basket weave in winter white and will pick up the cavalry twill version this friday at the next trunk here in Stockholm, so I quite like it :)

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I have the basket weave in winter white and will pick up the cavalry twill version this friday at the next trunk here in Stockholm, so I quite like it :)
Yeah I am really excited! I feel this is the beginning of a soft addiction. Decided on suede flight jacket next. Followed by the asymmetrical coat for winter in the dogtooth pattern I think, although I need to ask a price on that one.

Thanks for your help

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am really excited! I feel this is the beginning of a soft addiction. Decided on suede flight jacket next. Followed by the asymmetrical coat for winter in the dogtooth pattern I think, although I need to ask a price on that one.

Thanks for your help
It's very easy to get hooked :) Sounds very nice. I've yet to order my first jacket, too indecisive. The houndstooth pattern is very nice, I'm considering the asymmetric coat in chocolate brown wool. Would be a very nice everyday piece to complement a more formal navy coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads