• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that would be very nice of you. No rush though, I am not planning to do this purchase for a long time. I need to fix my suits first since I've lost so much weight in the last few years.

Are the water resistant cottons somehow a compromise on breathability? I'm looking for something pretty light.
I have trousers in the the water repellent cotton, and I tend to be quite warm as I'm a bigger guy. I've not had any noticable heat issues with them at all, they're quite breathable considering their treatment (I believe stòffas website says they're "soak treated"). That said, I wouldn't wear them on the hottest of summers day, but I don't believe they're intended for that either.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am so excited to finally have an appointment scheduled next weekend. I'm reading the thread over again with a new eye towards fabric selection.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are they next weekend? I thought they were done with shows for the year after London today. Next time they are in NYC i need to take my initial trousers in for a few fit adjustments for the next order before i have my local tailor make changes.

asewonder

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Cavalry Twill trousers and find that they make up slightly larger than other fabrics?

cp3

Reaction score
I have trousers in the the water repellent cotton, and I tend to be quite warm as I'm a bigger guy. I've not had any noticable heat issues with them at all, they're quite breathable considering their treatment (I believe stòffas website says they're "soak treated"). That said, I wouldn't wear them on the hottest of summers day, but I don't believe they're intended for that either.
What is the wrinkle resistance like on these?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the wrinkle resistance like on these?
They do wrinkle a bit since the fabric is a bit stiffer than the other cottons offerings, but not to a point that has ever bothered me. Have a look at the post on blue loafers mentioned earlier in the thread, he has some pictures that might give you an idea.

Reactions: cp3

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are they next weekend? I thought they were done with shows for the year after London today. Next time they are in NYC i need to take my initial trousers in for a few fit adjustments for the next order before i have my local tailor make changes.
Edit: scratch that. Trunk show

Last edited:

cp3

Reaction score
Just got an email - they will be in NYC next weekend.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what currency does he price his goods? Does he charge in dollars even in Europe (considering his production is in Italy)? Asking cuz SEK/Dollar so weak right now :violin:

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what currency does he price his goods? Does he charge in dollars even in Europe (considering his production is in Italy)? Asking cuz SEK/Dollar so weak right now :violin:
I’ve always paid in dollar

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick update for those that were intrigued by the photos of the new leather jackets-

I was able to stop by when Stoffa was in London. Agyesh generally doesn't like people to take photos of his trunk shows to post online (he really wants to have full control of how the brand is represented visually, and I cant fault him for that), so while I don't have any photos to share I was able to try them on and learn a bit more about them.

In short, they are pretty amazing. He had samples of the flight and the aysmmetric jacket made up in the dark brown lamb leather as seen in the previous photos. I believe the leather comes from the same place as the lamb suede they currently use. It's significantly heavier, which is not bad at all (those that have tried Stoffa jackets in suede know that they are quite lightweight). I can't remember all the details of the leather but I know that the process of making it is long and complex, and Stoffa only accepts a percent or two of the total hides (the skins that are 'flawless'). So while it is a heavier, tougher-feeling jacket, it's still exceptionally soft and comfortable (nothing like a heavy leather jacket that takes months to break in). I am in no way a leather jacket expert, but when comparing this to the ones I've handled in the past this leather was most reminiscent of the amazing lambskin ones from Seraphin that A Suitable Wardrobe used to carry.

It's worth noting that as the leather is a more premium material than the suede, it is priced substantially higher. I believe prices are around $2k-2.2k ish for the leather (whereas suede is $1.2-1.5k I believe).

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update for those that were intrigued by the photos of the new leather jackets-

I was able to stop by when Stoffa was in London. Agyesh generally doesn't like people to take photos of his trunk shows to post online (he really wants to have full control of how the brand is represented visually, and I cant fault him for that), so while I don't have any photos to share I was able to try them on and learn a bit more about them.

In short, they are pretty amazing. He had samples of the flight and the aysmmetric jacket made up in the dark brown lamb leather as seen in the previous photos. I believe the leather comes from the same place as the lamb suede they currently use. It's significantly heavier, which is not bad at all (those that have tried Stoffa jackets in suede know that they are quite lightweight). I can't remember all the details of the leather but I know that the process of making it is long and complex, and Stoffa only accepts a percent or two of the total hides (the skins that are 'flawless'). So while it is a heavier, tougher-feeling jacket, it's still exceptionally soft and comfortable (nothing like a heavy leather jacket that takes months to break in). I am in no way a leather jacket expert, but when comparing this to the ones I've handled in the past this leather was most reminiscent of the amazing lambskin ones from Seraphin that A Suitable Wardrobe used to carry.

It's worth noting that as the leather is a more premium material than the suede, it is priced substantially higher. I believe prices are around $2k-2.2k ish for the leather (whereas suede is $1.2-1.5k I believe).
Oh awesome, I was only able to check out the flight jacket in the last trunk I attended, would've loved to see the asymmetric one. I was also struck by how incredibly soft the leather was.
Nick from Stòffa told me that thanks to the dyeing process, scratches won't really show and won't make a color difference, as it might on other dark leathers. He showed me this by scrathing a bit with his nail on the inside of a jacket, and there were no marks to be seen.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more pictures of the flight jacket and peached cotton trousers.

0009F86B-79D5-4597-81D7-188C9BF6EDC1.jpeg
B2A797E2-2FAF-4C34-948D-FBBE20A57C74.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads