• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, really nice.
In which seasons would you say the basketweave is appropriate? I've been considering that fabric for my next trousers

garigo

Reaction score
It depends a bit on your tolerance, but I've used them pretty much all year here in NY. I don't feel like they wear any warmer than the peached cotton if you can make that comparison.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
It depends a bit on your tolerance, but I've used them pretty much all year here in NY. I don't feel like they wear any warmer than the peached cotton if you can make that comparison.
Yeah true, it’s down to personal preference too. I find peached a lot warmer for instance.

Artking3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stoffa still does their MTM program? Is it possible to do a MTM of an Edition Series piece if you missed it the first time around?

Iskander

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone recommend brands with complimentary aesthetic to Stoffa or that look well mixed with Stoffa clothing?

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Currently checking out chino options for my wardrobe.
Very interested in Stoffa's fabrics, since those are definetly easier to work with than most regular cottons.

So:

Does anyone here have experiences with the basketweave cotton?
How does that compare to their peached cotton fabric?

Did anyone buy the colour"bone","light sand"&"taupe" before and can post some pictures/compare them?

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Currently checking out chino options for my wardrobe.
Very interested in Stoffa's fabrics, since those are definetly easier to work with than most regular cottons.

So:

Does anyone here have experiences with the basketweave cotton?
How does that compare to their peached cotton fabric?

Did anyone buy the colour"bone","light sand"&"taupe" before and can post some pictures/compare them?
Basketweave cotton falls better, and is more rigid than peached cotton. It also holds a crease better.
Due to the weaving it also breathes more which makes it more useable in summer. The peached is too warm to wear in summer for me, as I find it doesn’t breath that much.

The peached is nice but you’ll be ironing more than linen if you want to keep a nice crease. They’re very comfortable though, extremely soft.
I find the washable basketweave very soft too, more so than the dry clean version.

The basketweave will probably fade more, sort of like denim would, compared to the peached.

Have a look at the thread gallery, there are plenty of shots of both fabrics in various colors.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.