• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

zenosparadox

Reaction score
Not sure about the portfolio in particular, but most items seem to be more expensive on MR PORTER. Directly from Stòffa cotton trousers are $325 (vs $360) and cashmere shirts are $600 (vs $700).
That was the impression I had as well, although I haven't been a longtime customer of Stòffa, so was uncertain. Thanks for confirming! I'll wait.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
Does anyone remember what the retail was on the portfolio when Stoffa had it in stock? I know they're restocking that later in the season, but Mr. Porter currently has it in stock as well. I'd prefer to buy directly from Stoffa, of course, and to do so without sales tax, but if the price is the same as on Mr. Porter ($550) then I'm tempted to forego waiting for the webshop restock.
I’m not entirely sure but I wanna say it was $600, the 002 $800 and the 003 $1200, but I could be wrong.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
That was the impression I had as well, although I haven't been a longtime customer of Stòffa, so was uncertain. Thanks for confirming! I'll wait.
I wouldn’t expect Mr Porter to be cheaper than the source, they need to mark up and make their profit etc.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The portfolio was $500, I recall.
Glad to hear they'll still be stocking it. I had my eye on it for quite a few years

ahtynes

Reaction score
Are MTM fabric options accurately reflected on the website? I am surprised, for example, that they only have two color options for basketweave trousers given historical breadth. It may just be their way of introducing seasonality like with their RTW/MTO offerings, but I would snap up some taupe basketweaves if they were available.

Edit: never mind, found my answer a few pages back. Unfortunate but will cope.

ezev

Reaction score
You can ask them on email. I was able to order an out of rotation fabric that wasn’t available on the website through email.

garigo

Reaction score
You can ask them on email. I was able to order an out of rotation fabric that wasn’t available on the website through email.
Oh interesting! Do you mind sharing which fabric it was?

ezev

Reaction score
basketweave cotton in anthracite.

As an aside, I think the factory goes on break for most, if not all of August, so not sure how quickly they will be able to turn something around.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
basketweave cotton in anthracite.

As an aside, I think the factory goes on break for most, if not all of August, so not sure how quickly they will be able to turn something around.
Yeah Sunday was order deadline for delivery before August closure.

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
Are MTM fabric options accurately reflected on the website? I am surprised, for example, that they only have two color options for basketweave trousers given historical breadth. It may just be their way of introducing seasonality like with their RTW/MTO offerings, but I would snap up some taupe basketweaves if they were available.

Edit: never mind, found my answer a few pages back. Unfortunate but will cope.
For mtm I believe you have to be logged in and view their fabrics page. As I understand it, that should reflect mtm options. If they’re able to do one offs via email too, i guess congrats :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.