• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not only is she hot af the thumbnail is the exact view I have of her every night.... (iffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ya know what I mean)

just got back. taking a break in this world seems odd and pointless. Anyway the kroger in smalltown ga had much better mask compliance and usage than in Atlanta......but the generic Tex-Mex place was ******* packed and maskless except for the staff. So who knows.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weighed in at 179.4 this morning. I don't think I've been this light since I put on the freshman 15.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just slept, ate and slept during the lockdown.
I like how it is over for you (although I suppose its over in the states too).

This is a small thing but ive noticed i have stopped wearing my seatbelt all the time. Like the publix is .5 miles from my house and often im like eh ******* we got a pandemic happening.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** posting coming in. Having a bit of a crisis right now. So at the beginning of the lock down I was fortunate enough to accumulate enough equipment to have a functioning garage gym. Brother chipped in and we worked out a schedule where both of us can rotate the gym room throughout the week. This past weekend my brother did not show up and I see a text that he went to the gym already. I reply back this morning to see whether he's going back as normal.

His reply in a nutshell is checking out the scene for a week and see if he can fit it in his schedule under the new hours (gym closes at 9PM).

I told him he needs to let me know when he plans on coming back (I will likely ask him to quarantine for 14 days).

The shocker was when he stated, "How will I know the situation if I don't see for myself?"

I had to think of how to reply back politely, reminding him to think about the people around him and not just what's convenient for him. I told him his plan is not well thought out and poor judgement. I simply said it is his choice but I do not agree.

I was trying to be nice because in the past I've been very critical. I cannot wrap my head around his thought process though. He still lives with my folks in their late 60s. Why would he want to test run this? Yes my place is a little further away but that's a small price to pay during the current climate. He was also welcomed anytime (no hours of operations obviously). Everything is in his favor yet...This just complicates matter more now. My one fault I can see is I could have been more welcoming; FWIW I bought an extra garage opener for him to come and go as he pleased. Given current pandemic maybe I was too isolating? I also have the fortune to work from home while I know he is still commuting for work, not sure if that of any significance. Also, back in March, brother did say "best defense against COVID is our immune system". ?

(Adding to the stress is an hour conversation with my mom about her neighbors and issues with getting a new fence up; a small victory the fence is leaning towards the other side.)

Am I overreacting?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think you're overreacting but you should try to see it from his perspective - he's probably through with all the changes he's had to make to make it through the pandemic (with no end in sight). How are your parents behaving? Are they are frightened or more live and let live? If the former then yes he's being especially inconsiderate. If the latter then he has more of a reason to think he's not being unreasonable. Feel free to restrict his access to your home gym until he is through with his test run and any quarantine.

PS - since it's a garage gym and you already rotate use between the two of you, why does it matter so much that he goes to a public gym? Just be sure to keep the garage door fully or partially open when he is using the space for ventilation and disinfect the equipment before you use it.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alternatively: this is more about op's level of tolerance, reasonable or otherwise, and managing his own sphere.

i think it would be reasonable to unwind the situation given brother has begun renegotiations. $.02!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Realized how tramatized my dog is going to be once I have to start returning to the office. He's been spoiled having me around all day while I work at home. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads