• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Emory/CDC are doing a vaccine study in Atlanta (shocking).

I just volunteered.

#YourWelcomeHumanity
Thank you for your interest in our Covid-19 vaccine clinical trials. Our recruitment team will be contacting you in the coming weeks with more information about the study. have a great day!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like a rejection to me.
All jokes aside the WSJ had a story Monday that there's so many potential vaccines at the same point there's a massive shortage of vaccine subjects and companies are getting desperate. Two further complications: because of the impact on minority communities they need more of those than folks like me. Also the nature of vaccine studies is such that subjects can only be a part of one test. So....

brokencycle

Reaction score
All jokes aside the WSJ had a story Monday that there's so many potential vaccines at the same point there's a massive shortage of vaccine subjects and companies are getting desperate. Two further complications: because of the impact on minority communities they need more of those than folks like me. Also the nature of vaccine studies is such that subjects can only be a part of one test. So....

Ed has been practicing for this his whole life.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're a minority and some doctors are like "hey let me inject you with what we think is a Covid vaccine" would you really trust it? Or even if you weren't a minority. I'd rather wait for some closer to final vaccines and not some random guesses. If the vaccine doesn't work and then you get Covid. What then?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're a minority and some doctors are like "hey let me inject you with what we think is a Covid vaccine" would you really trust it? Or even if you weren't a minority. I'd rather wait for some closer to final vaccines and not some random guesses. If the vaccine doesn't work and then you get Covid. What then?
Well they haven't posted the contract yet so it's all speculation... but at the risk of trying to make myself sound like a potential martyr.... i have no kids no family other than my parents blah blah blah. If i croak so what. And if we're going to defeat covid we need people to make sacrificies.

Also a good chance i get a placebo....

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well they haven't posted the contract yet so it's all speculation... but at the risk of trying to make myself sound like a potential martyr.... i have no kids no family other than my parents blah blah blah. If i croak so what. And if we're going to defeat covid we need people to make sacrificies.

And a fluffer, if I have anything to say about it...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The world will never forget your sacrifice.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same loser situation as you with no kids, wife, gf to worry about but I still don't want to be the guinea pig of early vaccine trials. My big thing is what if there are LT side effects that **** me up for the rest of my life? I don't want to go around living as a lonely crippled for another 30-40 years.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same loser situation as you with no kids, wife, gf to worry about but I still don't want to be the guinea pig of early vaccine trials. My big thing is what if there are LT side effects that **** me up for the rest of my life? I don't want to go around living as a lonely crippled for another 30-40 years.
To be honest, the most likely downside of the vaccine trial is just it doesn't effectively protect against COVID. Bummer. No one is randomly putting Draino or anthrax in there just to see what happens. Probably.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, the most likely downside of the vaccine trial is just it doesn't effectively protect against COVID. Bummer. No one is randomly putting Draino or anthrax in there just to see what happens. Probably.

Translation, Omega is long in vaccine pharma.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
but at the risk of trying to make myself sound like a potential martyr.... i have no kids no family other than my parents blah blah blah. If i croak so what. And if we're going to defeat covid we need people to make sacrificies.

giphy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads