• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have issues just doing daily household tasks or just getting to the toilet, and you make some **** up putting yourself in the same category- because you feel that wearing a mask for half an hour is a burden and/or an infringement on your liberties? GTFO Karen.
This.

My son has developmental disabilities and sensory issues- meaning he freaks out about things touching his face and no amount of logic and explanation will make a wet fart's worth of difference to him.

We spent weeks acclimating him to wear a mask and I'm still absurdly proud of him every time he puts it on willingly. So when I see someone who can't wear a mask because "I have a breathing problem, basically, from my nose," well, **** you ****.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I posted upthread a few days ago the results of COVID/isolation.

One thing was that my first real girlfriend reached out to me via LinkedIn. We had some good conversations over the last week(I think day 1 was was LAST Sat/Sunday.)

Something always seemed "off." THIS past weekend, I sorta let it be known that I am AOK and don't want to pursue anything.

About an hour and a half ago, I get a text and e-mail that she is by my place? I didn't give her my address. WTF! Really.....

I responded by text and e-mail...GO HOME and that I am not home and that you can't just show up without notice. She text'd back that she is fighting for us and that she is "here". I respond again....GO HOME. I am not there.

Sometimes....you should listen to your gut! I is not happy!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She wants the D, bro.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She wants the D, bro.

Obs......but I still have a slight rash on my chest/shoulders(see upthread update) and I generally stay away from loco chicas. I also have not seen here in appr 25 years.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
So I posted upthread a few days ago the results of COVID/isolation.

One thing was that my first real girlfriend reached out to me via LinkedIn. We had some good conversations over the last week(I think day 1 was was LAST Sat/Sunday.)

Something always seemed "off." THIS past weekend, I sorta let it be known that I am AOK and don't want to pursue anything.

About an hour and a half ago, I get a text and e-mail that she is by my place? I didn't give her my address. WTF! Really.....

I responded by text and e-mail...GO HOME and that I am not home and that you can't just show up without notice. She text'd back that she is fighting for us and that she is "here". I respond again....GO HOME. I am not there.

Sometimes....you should listen to your gut! I is not happy!

That's wild - she's got a whole romance novel playing out in her head.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obs......but I still have a slight rash on my chest/shoulders(see upthread update) and I generally stay away from loco chicas. I also have not seen here in appr 25 years.
Keep your shirt on.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the beach on Sunday. Even though we have a 40-acre property to enjoy 10 minutes from our house, we've been catching cabin fever, and it was time to do something different and get some real fresh air -- the kind that only comes from the beach. Wife, 4-year-old, and I packed up the beach stuff and went to the less touristy beach ~35 minutes away. I grabbed some to-go sandwiches from a restaurant a street off the beach, and of course the restaurant was full of people... at least the employees were wearing masks (properly so, it appeared). Wife and I had agreed if the scene at the beach looked questionable we'd go back home and just have to bear the kid's disappointment.

Despite it being a pretty high tide, we were easily able to distance ourselves sufficiently from everyone else. The beach wasn't too crowded, and everyone seemed aware of the need to keep their distance while still having fun. I'd say the closest set up to ours was at least 30 feet away.

We're definitely not going this weekend for 4th of July, but I think we'll continue to go throughout this as long as we can stay as distanced as we were the other day. It was some much needed relaxation and fresh air. I even found a crack hammer that someone had left behind. Free tools FTW (don't worry, it remained quarantined in the garage for a couple of days before I put it away).

I felt like some kind of an outlaw going to the beach, though. It's pretty crazy how even though it's been a relatively short period of time (100 days, give or take?), we've been so diligent about masks, social distancing, staying home, etc., that the simple act of being at the beach was almost a totally different experience.

TL;DR - I went to the beach, and it was fun.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="ter1413, post: 10268184, member:

One thing was that my first real girlfriend reached out to me via LinkedIn.
[/QUOTE]
I don't blame you for going back to the fake ones...
They are less chatty, and don't get headaches.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my first real girlfriend reached out to me via
LinkedIn.

:eh:

About an hour and a half ago, I get a text and e-mail that she is by my place?

I also have not seen here in appr 25 years.

Went to the beach on Sunday. Even though we have a 40-acre property to enjoy 10 minutes from our house, we've been catching cabin fever, and it was time to do something different and get some real fresh air -- the kind that only comes from the beach. Wife, 4-year-old, and I packed up the beach stuff and went to the less touristy beach ~35 minutes away. I grabbed some to-go sandwiches from a restaurant a street off the beach, and of course the restaurant was full of people... at least the employees were wearing masks (properly so, it appeared). Wife and I had agreed if the scene at the beach looked questionable we'd go back home and just have to bear the kid's disappointment.

Despite it being a pretty high tide, we were easily able to distance ourselves sufficiently from everyone else. The beach wasn't too crowded, and everyone seemed aware of the need to keep their distance while still having fun. I'd say the closest set up to ours was at least 30 feet away.

We're definitely not going this weekend for 4th of July, but I think we'll continue to go throughout this as long as we can stay as distanced as we were the other day. It was some much needed relaxation and fresh air. I even found a crack hammer that someone had left behind. Free tools FTW (don't worry, it remained quarantined in the garage for a couple of days before I put it away).

I felt like some kind of an outlaw going to the beach, though. It's pretty crazy how even though it's been a relatively short period of time (100 days, give or take?), we've been so diligent about masks, social distancing, staying home, etc., that the simple act of being at the beach was almost a totally different experience.

TL;DR - I went to the beach, and it was fun.

I stopped reading after *I have a 40 acre vacation home...* :fu:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading after *I have a 40 acre vacation home
That's not what it is...it's a property co-owned by us and my wife's parents where they currently live and where we are going to build a (primary) home in the next 5 years or so. My wife's horses are out there, along with our chickens and some other people's horses that my in-laws allow to board as a source of side income. We're quite lucky to have it as a getaway that we utilize every weekend.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
That's not what it is...it's a property co-owned by us and my wife's parents where they currently live and where we are going to build a (primary) home in the next 5 years or so. My wife's horses are out there, along with our chickens and some other people's horses that my in-laws allow to board as a source of side income. We're quite lucky to have it as a getaway that we utilize every weekend.
I had guessed it was farmland/ranch maybe you inherited, but worked in the city?

Anyway, reading your post about a day out was nice. you took measures, didn't hang around the sandwich shop, and sat away from others.
I understand, that being cooped up. with the family can be hard. no matter your wealth or opportunity.
It must have been really nice, to just chill on the beach and eat a sandwich.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I stopped reading after *my wife's horses and private jet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads