• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I didn’t know about the Sephora thing but that’s the Wahoo’s we usually go to. I’m always there with my wife and often her sisters and/or mother so I have to watch my sightlines carefully.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The worst thing about coronavirus is that now when I see a penny on thr ground I don't pick them up. :(

#QuarantineIsCostingMeMoney

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's some nice breweries popping up near south coast now
Yeah, but a good one closed.
Barley Forge was one of the first ones in, and the building was a dump and non-destination when they moved in.
They fixed it up and were always slammed when I went by.
Then I saw a shock announcement that they were closing shop.
Building owner skyrocketed their rent, and even though they were doing good business, it wasn't worth it.

Thanks, Trump.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, but a good one closed.
Barley Forge was one of the first ones in, and the building was a dump and non-destination when they moved in.
They fixed it up and were always slammed when I went by.
Then I saw a shock announcement that they were closing shop.
Building owner skyrocketed their rent, and even though they were doing good business, it wasn't worth it.

Thanks, Trump.
When did that happen? Really liked that place

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did that happen? Really liked that place
Late last year.
The kind of good news, is that it was bought by Green Cheeks Brewery. A great brewery that started in North OC and is named after the feral parrots that live here.
The Green Cheek founder is one of the original guys from Noble Ale Works.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Late last year.
The kind of good news, is that it was bought by Green Cheeks Brewery. A great brewery that started in North OC and is named after the feral parrots that live here.
The Green Cheek founder is one of the original guys from Noble Ale Works.
That’s not so bad then, I like green cheek. Noble went downhill after he left

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s not so bad then, I like green cheek. Noble went downhill after he left
I was never a huge Noble fan. My friends all love it.
Their claim to fame is Naughty Sauce, and it's very meh to me.
Plus, it's always full of Duck fans, and I'm a Red Wing guy.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cat staged a 'protest' in the middle of the kitchen floor after nail trimming and flea medicine.

the walls are closing in

brokencycle

Reaction score
Made a quick run out last night. Mask utilization was <20%, and people were eating at restaurants again.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

So I have taken a break on all things internet(except work) over the last 2 weeks...hence no updates.

I feel great! I must say that the 4 week period(today is week 7 since I first started feeling like ****) was the worst. After I started feeling better, I kept myself isolated for another 2 weeks. I have had limited interaction with people over the last week....but outside of a rare dry cough, I have no outward symptoms. I wear a mask every time I am out.

What people don't see:
-COVID toe(discussed upthread). My feet are getting better. I had a few "black and blue" spots on my toes and they were annoying and tender. Now, the tenderness is gone and they are healing.
-Weight loss. Since I started to get my energy back, my appetite came back. I am eating normally...well....more then normally over the last 2 weeks....and am now at my regular weight.
-Energy. I could not walk from A to B in my casa and sit/lay back down without being a bit out of breath. Now, I don't even think about that. No aches. No chills.
-Sense of smell that I lost for 2-3 days in week 2(maybe) has not been an issue. With my Metamucil use up, I can READILY confirm that.
-I am considering hanging out with a lady friend NEXT weekend. Maybe.

Over the last week+, I read several books. Some highlights:

-Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow. I had started this a while back and was able to finish it. Listen, it isn't groundbreaking if you followed the Weinstein/MeToo drama. But it does give you a lot of background on his struggle to get the initial New Yorker article published.
-Dream Team by Jack McCallum. A decent book about the original 1992 US Olympic basketball team which some have called the greatest team ever assembled. Not bad....though it did dwell on Jordan a LOT. I think I read this because of all of the fuss about the Jordan doc that recently came out which I didn't see. I'm a Pistons fan so not a Jordan/Bulls fan. I do recognize him for what he is.
-State of Emergency by Steve P Vincent. I had this in my iBooks library for a while. It may have been one of those "free first in a series" books that they offer. Pretty good especially during all of these COVID restrictions.
It basically tells the story of terror attacks on US soil and the president putting FEMA in charge. Lockdowns ensue. It reminded me a bit of the movie The Siege.
-Murder at the House of Rooster Happiness by David Casarett. This takes place in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I am a frequent visitor to SE Asia and have visited Thailand appr 15 times. When I first started going, I would stop at a bookstore at HK airport and buy a book(fiction) based in Thailand. I have countless detective/drama/etc books. This one was not bad. A hospital worker liaison to the local police force helps to solve a series of murders in the area.

Those are just 4 off the top of my head. I read about 4-5 more over the last 2 weeks.

As I stated throughout this...I was not tested. Everything I went through/felt/experienced leads me to believe that I may have had it. Luckily, my only real underlying condition is/was slight high blood pressure so I know that helped in my specific case.

Tell ANYONE you know that starts to feel something coming on to NOT just lay down and do the chicken soup/TV thing. Be active...even when it is painful/uncomfortable. Try to walk around in your casa. Try to eat/drink fluids. Listen, I know that during week 1 & 2, I didn't want to hear any of that ****, but after I started doing certain things, I slowly started to feel better.

My alcohol intake is also up! I hadn't had a drink in appr 5 weeks during all of this(I'm no alcoholic.) Having a drink and just relaxing was refreshing! Made me feel like this guy:

mail

Final update:

I am pretty much 100%! What an experience.

I am eating. I gained back the weight I lost. Beers are going down easily. The dry cough is gone. Lady friend still doesn't want to hang...just yet!

The only signs I currently have are Corona toe. Google it. But it is a good sign as the very small scabs are starting to fall off.

Oh...the other thing that I noticed during the end of all of this was that I developed minor rashes on parts of my body. My shoulders. My stomach. I looked it up and found out that was a good thing as it means that you are kicking whatever you had!

I wear a mask anytime I am out. I mean....if I am walking down the block and no one is around, the mask is just hanging off my face. But as soon as I see anyone, I am masked up.

This all started on March 27(Friday.) I marked it down in my calendar. It was a struggle and I am blessed that I got past it...whatever it as(as I stated many times, I didn't get tested.)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the doctor's yesterday, ( penis reduction ) and wore my N95 mask with a Proper Cloth mask over that.
Tough to breathe!
Once inside, I took the stairs to avoid being in a confined elevator with people.
They had to end up taking the obligatory BP reading twice, because the first one wasn't in the safe zone.
I said, no doubt, because I'm suffocating.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Final update:

I am pretty much 100%! What an experience.

I am eating. I gained back the weight I lost. Beers are going down easily. The dry cough is gone. Lady friend still doesn't want to hang...just yet!

The only signs I currently have are Corona toe. Google it. But it is a good sign as the very small scabs are starting to fall off.

Oh...the other thing that I noticed during the end of all of this was that I developed minor rashes on parts of my body. My shoulders. My stomach. I looked it up and found out that was a good thing as it means that you are kicking whatever you had!

I wear a mask anytime I am out. I mean....if I am walking down the block and no one is around, the mask is just hanging off my face. But as soon as I see anyone, I am masked up.

This all started on March 27(Friday.) I marked it down in my calendar. It was a struggle and I am blessed that I got past it...whatever it as(as I stated many times, I didn't get tested.)
Why don't you get an antibody test just to have some sense of knowledge?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads