• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thankfully I'm working 50 hours a week at the office so don't have to worrying about running out of Netflix binge material. **** am I lucky.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today's the first day I really missed work. I need a project to keep me busy. Maybe I'll (re-)learn to code.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Ok....I haven't given a daily update not because I didn't want to, I have just been totally beat down by whatever this is! I was SO wrong when I thought that since the major aches and pains were gone, I was getting better.

So Friday evening, I am under my covers and my nose starts to run. I grab a tissue out of my sweatshirt pocket and soak it up. It happens a few more times and because I am literally under my covers, I didn't notice until the very last time it happened. This is what I was missing:

Yes....that is what it looks like. The good thing is that it hasn't been an issue since.

On Friday or Sat, I had the slightest case of diarrhea. I have no appetite so I haven't had the need to use the toilet at all. I am trying to eat some soup and stock.

I am drinking loads of water and OJ. I still have no appetite. I still have no smell. I do have the ability to taste. No major fever. At times, I do feel a little warm.

I will try to explain how this feels....if I can even put my feelings into words:

It's an overwhelming feeling of despair! The slight aches are there, but when added to all of the other symptoms, it makes it worse. I can't sleep on one side for that long as my hips are very sore. This may seem crazy, but at times I feel that something is going on in my head.

Without having anything to take to reduce some of the symptoms, it makes all of this very frustrating, I am in pain. I am struggling to walk from my bed to the bathroom/back. I don't wnat to do anything now outside of lay down and watch Netflix/Youtube/sleep.

So that is what I have been doing the last 2 days. Watching some of the BS on Netflix....though I did throw on Shawshank to kill 2 hours. Same with Goodfellas.

I didn't even want to plug in my MacBook to provide an update(I finally did.) I was happy on my iPad in bed.

Maybe spending a little time on the computer today will help. Maybe it will get my mind off of how I am feeling. I am feeling like ****!

So that's it. I know it may not be dramatic, but it's not meant to be. Just my take as of Monday @12:40am.

@Bhowie

Update:

So after my most recent post, I went back to bed. I woke up and was listening to the radio and overheard something. That, along with what @edinatlanta mentioned about "how are you breathing" got me thinking.

First.....I am single so no wife/kids to deal with. Even if I had a steady GF/booty call, I would not want them over here right now. So it's just me.

What I heard on the radio recap: Boomer Esiason(ex NFL player) has a son who has CF and he is really isolating in the woods but is still going out and getting exercise and building up his immune system....worst case. Boomer who had been dealing with this for 27years said that is key.

When I first started feeling sick, I figured that I would just let it run its course and all would be ok. It got worse. I felt weaker. I lost weight.

So today I made a decision to not wait for this to run it's course, but to put myself in the best position to fight it. It may sound basic, but during the week+ I have had, thinking clearly was not at the top of my to-do list.

So I took a look around and the first think that I did that I hadn't in a few days was brush my teeth. Yes....may seem basic. It wasn't to me. I also hit the Listerine.

I put on a parka, sneakers, ski hat and gloves and went outside. I walked around, coming in contact with ZERO people, for appr 7 minutes. I came back home stressed, exhausted and questioning why I did that.....but also feeling better after I was back in my lounge gear(that I still had on.) It felt good to get some fresh air in my lungs. I was not gasping for air. I was/am breathing through my nose.....so that made me feel good.

I stated that I had no appetite. Well, it would be easier for whatever I have to keep beating up on me if I kept saying that and not feeding my body. So I made a egg/cheese sandwich and ate almost 1/4. I have been drinking OJ throughout.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to try to do an exercise a day. I'm not talking jumping jacks, I am talking walking from one end of my apartment to the other X times. @edinatlanta, I agree 100% that breathing is key and if I can do whatever to keep my internals running, I am going to try.

(FYI....I would love to start with jumping jacks or skipping rope...but I would surely collapse.)

Around dinner time, when I would just chalk up not eating to no appetite(<< do you know that I just had to Google "when you have no desire to eat" as I am a little light headed right now), I didn't stick to that.

So I heated up a small bowl of some chicken stock and drank that. I must say, it tasted great. Still no smell.

My phone rang a few times and I didn't bother answering. I spend the rest of the day watching Youtube Forensic Files episodes.

It is funny that I feel a little light headed now, but that's ok as I am in bed.

Tomorrow, I will look to run a similar plan. Walk the apartment for exercise. I WILL eat, even if it's just stock.

Yes, there are others who gave great advice. This all came together today.

So my update is to stop waiting for this to run through me and to hopefully do what I can to push it out!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
when i was laid up in a cancer ward a nurse told me the ones who make their bed are the ones who walk out. you can do it.

Thank you man. That has brought tears to my eyes!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you man. That has brought tears to my eyes!
Yeah i am not a doctor so....yeah. but if your lungs weren't killing you while walking and whatnot i think you may just be really sick.

As to what @2zero said it's at once a testament to our brain and an indictment to our bodies that the power of positive thinking has so much influence on our recovery. IIRC there was a study that merely having self motivational posters in hospital wings was found to have a benefit. Keep thinking forward and keep trying to actively take care of yourself and remember that good food is palliative and tasty so go eat a big mac or papa johns.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A papajohns big mac would be some very fine dining. I might even break out the plastic for that feast.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i was laid up in a cancer ward a nurse told me the ones who make their bed are the ones who walk out. you can do it.
I was lucky enough never to have been in a military hospital but the guys I knew who were told me that once you're ambulatory they make you so miserable that you get well just to get the **** out of there.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you run out of things to keep you occupied toggling between three apps and seven stores trying to find groceries or delivery/pickup times is a good way to spend a few hours.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“The ones who makes their beds are the ones who make it out”

**** yeah

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was born on a military base. While she was in recovery, they told my mom that she was allowed to have a change of sheets, but she had to put them on the bed herself. Which she did.

Throughout my adolescence, she brought that up whenever I failed to make my bed.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was born on a military base. While she was in recovery, they told my mom that she was allowed to have a change of sheets, but she had to put them on the bed herself. Which she did.

Throughout my adolescence, she brought that up whenever I failed to make my bed.
My mom reminds me that she was pro choice but my dad pro life. He won.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good ****
1586298695297217396990684825851.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads