• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This day in quarantine is similar to hell. Wife 1 is binging Outlander season 5 in my man cave. I said ***** we ain't watching this bullshit. She said something really mean back and now I'm in Outlander hell.

Bearseph, you can't **** with the Scots. We will mess you up.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loser status:

20200404_140010.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sweet, is that an emulator?

I’ve got the NES emulator (also a Nintendo, come to think about it), but honestly, everything but Super Mario Bros gets boring pretty fast.

Using an online tutorial, I was able to mod it a little bit and add some Super Nintendo and Sega games.

How do I play Fallout on my laptop?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Yep, Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie. I have several thousand games on there...SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, etc. The SNES Bluetooth controllers work pretty well with everything. Yes, I agree most of this stuff gets boring quickly; but, I hate to say it, I can get pretty sucked into some of these older RPG games. Zelda for SNES is awesome too.

I think the whole setup cost me a little more than $100. I really want to pick up one of the new Raspberry Pi 4s turn it into an N64 emulator, as I still hold that as the best console ever created. The new one is a pretty powerful computer for the price.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^Yep, Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie. I have several thousand games on there...SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, etc. The SNES Bluetooth controllers work pretty well with everything. Yes, I agree most of this stuff gets boring quickly; but, I hate to say it, I can get pretty sucked into some of these older RPG games. Zelda for SNES is awesome too.

I think the whole setup cost me a little more than $100. I really want to pick up one of the new Raspberry Pi 4s turn it into an N64 emulator, as I still hold that as the best console ever created. The new one is a pretty powerful computer for the price.

Woah. That’s awesome. Wish I got on that train a little faster.

I don’t know anything about raspberry pis, but I was able to add some n64 games to the retro NES just off some web site. Most don’t play too well, mostly because you need a different controller...but it might be worth a try.

I’ll bet you can play the Mega Man Legends game on that thing. Those are hours of fun...

The rpgs are a good idea, though. I’m going to look into those.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I have Mega Man on there. The Raspberry Pi is super easy to set up; there's some coding involved, but there are so many resources online to guide through it, it's very minimal. Those controllers by 8bitdo are so awesome.

I suggest this game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotrek It's so much fun.

Holy ****, I am becoming a huge dork.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
If you guys liked Fallout3? You will love "The Outer worlds".

Been hooked on it for a week now.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You nerds are mucking this thread up. Where is ter?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you guys played angry birds 2? It's so dope. Graphics are 2-3 times sicker than angry birds 1.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone in my neighborhood is blasting Nessun Dorma.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Run out and punch them in the face hit them with a 9 foot poll.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's Pavarotti so I'm okay with it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

It's Friday morning. This..whatever...started exactly a week ago.

The dry cough is back with a vengeance this morning. Luckily, when I take a deep breath. I don't hear/feel any issues in my lungs. The aches and pains seem to be gradually moving on. Thank goodness.

That doesn't mean that I feel better. I am still very sluggish. Certain joints are still affected(still have trouble making a fist in the evening.) No appetite. Bit of a headache. Tips of my toes are twinkling.

I was in bed at 6:45 yesterday. I tried to watch something and just couldn't. I ended up listening to some of this audiobook:

51-i-WyiGRL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's on Youtube and I actually own the book. I have also listened to it several times over the years.

No dinner.

I just had an egg/cheese/tomato sandwich and I feel that might be my only meal today.

Someone in the tv series thread mentioned this:

0*5wxpHTX6nc4U3g9q.jpg

It has been in my queue for a while and I will give it a shot today.

Oh, I woke up in the middle of the night to take a piss and I was a bit sweaty....yet I was not warm at all. Who knows what is going ok.

Absolutely no plans today except staying in bed. I have all this booze that is calling out at me but I don't want to start drinking.

Maybe I should not say this but I do feel that the worst has passed. Last Sat-Tues was brutal. Since the aches and pains have diminished, I feel positive. The cough worries me.

We shall see!

Update:

Ok....I haven't given a daily update not because I didn't want to, I have just been totally beat down by whatever this is! I was SO wrong when I thought that since the major aches and pains were gone, I was getting better.

So Friday evening, I am under my covers and my nose starts to run. I grab a tissue out of my sweatshirt pocket and soak it up. It happens a few more times and because I am literally under my covers, I didn't notice until the very last time it happened. This is what I was missing:

thumbnail.jpeg

Yes....that is what it looks like. The good thing is that it hasn't been an issue since.

On Friday or Sat, I had the slightest case of diarrhea. I have no appetite so I haven't had the need to use the toilet at all. I am trying to eat some soup and stock.

I am drinking loads of water and OJ. I still have no appetite. I still have no smell. I do have the ability to taste. No major fever. At times, I do feel a little warm.

I will try to explain how this feels....if I can even put my feelings into words:

It's an overwhelming feeling of despair! The slight aches are there, but when added to all of the other symptoms, it makes it worse. I can't sleep on one side for that long as my hips are very sore. This may seem crazy, but at times I feel that something is going on in my head.

Without having anything to take to reduce some of the symptoms, it makes all of this very frustrating, I am in pain. I am struggling to walk from my bed to the bathroom/back. I don't wnat to do anything now outside of lay down and watch Netflix/Youtube/sleep.

So that is what I have been doing the last 2 days. Watching some of the BS on Netflix....though I did throw on Shawshank to kill 2 hours. Same with Goodfellas.

I didn't even want to plug in my MacBook to provide an update(I finally did.) I was happy on my iPad in bed.

Maybe spending a little time on the computer today will help. Maybe it will get my mind off of how I am feeling. I am feeling like ****!

So that's it. I know it may not be dramatic, but it's not meant to be. Just my take as of Monday @12:40am.

@Bhowie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads