• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if I am a *****?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just sneeze and/or cough at her. She'll waddle out of the way pretty fast.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CySzZAX.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update:

Ok....the 24 hour constant aches and pains that wore me down since Friday took a bit of a break yesterday. A BIT! My body is still beat down, but it was a little easier to get through the day.

The joints in my hands are still stiff. My back is stiff. I started to feel some stiffness in my jaw yesterday.

I still have zero sense of smell. I just used some hand sanitizer. Zip. Can't smell anything. My nose isn't stuffed or runny. I just have no sense of smell.

Taste? I haven't eaten anything yet this morning. That was not an issue yesterday.

When I take deep breaths, there doesn't seem to be an issue...thank God!

Last night, my toes felt almost as if they were on fire/freezing. It may sound funny, but it was a combination. I got paranoid and thought of frost bite(not possible) but when I removed my socks, they looked fine.

I spent the day in bed watching Youtube(loads of interrogation videos), Netflix(flipping between High Seas and The Valhalla Murders), listening to audiobooks and dozing off for an hour+ here and there. No dinner last night. I only had that turkey/cheddar sandwich yesterday.

I rcd a call from a friend yesterday. She also didn't know I was going through this. After I told her, she let me know that a gentleman that I have been in contact with has been sick with the "flu" for the last 3 weeks.

Today....I think I will either shower or at the very minimum wash myself off. I will also put on fresh underclothes/socks. I will keep wearing my sweatpants/hoodie that I have had on since Fri/Sat.

A few points:

1. People hoarding toilet paper. I guess they heard the "flu" and thought diarrhea. I have used the toilet LESS in the last 5-6 days. No case of diarrhea.

2. Whatever this is is no joke. It's not a cold and it's not allergies.

3. I happen to see this story yesterday and felt that many of those symptoms mirrored what I have experienced. I am NOT saying that I have it, I am just giving you my take on what I have been going through. Again, this has not been fun:

Edit....I have also been having these mini headaches. They come and go. Nothing crazy, but I notice.

Update .5:

I have to just provide some more info because if I wait until tomorrow, I will forget.

I tried to force a dump this morning. I have been letting out gas here and there and figured that before I wash up, it might be helpful. I could not even slightly strain to do that. Just too painful....the aches and pains....not the dump. Something did come out, but nothing major.

I sucked it up and washed myself off this morning. What a struggle! It took appr 30 min. Everything that I did was in slow motion. I do feel better because I know that I won't be doing that for at least 3-4 more days. Fresh T and boxers. Same sweats and hoodie. I need a cut/shave but I won't stress that until I am all good.

When I came out, I was ready to put some socks on and looked at the pair on my bed. Hmm? I unrolled them and started to put one on and thought...are these actually clean? I smelled them. Nada. But I did notice that they looked worn. I remembered at that point that I had no sense of smell so I needed to get a fresh pair. So strange.

I had another turkey/cheddar hero. I have no energy to cook anything so I microwave the turkey/cheese for 40 seconds and put it onto the bread with mustard and a little hot sauce. I had a can of black cherry soda and I could taste both the sandwich and soda. My appetite is lost.

Then the chills started. The tips of my fingers felt as if they were dipped in ice water. After I finished eating, I grabbed my comforter and sat on my sofa to surf the web and the chills were getting to me. My ears are somewhat ringing. My fingers have since gotten better. The chills have gone away a bit. The ringing in my ears is still there.

I would have forgotten most of that by the morning.

Plans for today? Same. Bed. Netflix(maybe Molly's Game) and Youtube.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Swear to god, A Sake cup from the Asian grocer will clear your drains.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Swear to god, A Sake cup from the Asian grocer will clear your drains.

If I don't have it in my home at the moment, I have zero plans of going outside to get it.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Potato and Onion soup will do. fiber. hydration.

- Add whatever Veg you have on hand. it all helps.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
But not Xanax apparently.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
However I'm pissed they switched to carrying Morton's Kosher Salt instead of Diamond Crystal. I can't find it anywhere now, and I'm running low. (First world pandemic problems.)

Who the **** cares what brand of salt they buy? Is Diamond Crystal saltier? Do you throw out your salt when it reaches its “sell by” date?

Instead of going to the super crowded barber shop I usually go to, I am now in a spacious boutique salon. With a nice lady talking to me about cooking.
And the cut was good.

Much success!

How’s that social distancing going?

In short, like everyone else I have either had it or haven't.
Schrödinger’s Virus

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads